Thread: Where do you think Matt Moore will start this season?

Where do you think Matt Moore will start this season?

Triple A Durham or with the Rays?

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...#disqus_thread

I think Rays, this guy has some incredible stuff.

Blog Entries
    Just FYI, there's a Rays subforum too.
    "There has always been a saying in baseball that you can't make a hitter, but I think you can improve a hitter. More than you can improve a fielder. More mistakes are made hitting than in any other part of the game."
    - Ted Williams

"I know I'm the world's worst fielder, but who gets paid for fielding? There isn't a great fielder in baseball getting the kind of dough I get paid for hitting."
    - Dick Stuart

I read he will not have an innings limit this year.
    Chop! Chop! Chop!

Quote Originally Posted by RDB_SoxFan View Post
    I think Rays, this guy has some incredible stuff.
    Uhhhh ok

Quote Originally Posted by GiambiJuice View Post
    Just FYI, there's a Rays subforum too.
    I know this but this is also current so i thought i would ask....

Lets see how he does in ST.
    San Francisco Giants, World Series Champions in 2010 and 2012

Fire Bam Bam! Hire The Thrill!!

Quote Originally Posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
    Uhhhh ok
    Well, he does, dont you agree?

Well, he does, dont you agree?
    Indeed but i am hoping its not another Wade davis disaster

oh ok. i hate to ask this and dive off topic but what do you mean by Wade Davis disaster?

Matt Moore just might have the best pure stuff in baseball at the moment (didnt say he was the best pitcher). Wade Davis, quite frankley, doesnt. The two really arent comparable.
    "all the mets road wins against the dodgers this year have occured at Dodger Stadium"---Ralph Kiner

"Blind people came to the park just to listen to him pitch"---Reggie Jackson, talking about Tom Seaver

oh ok. i hate to ask this and dive off topic but what do you mean by Wade Davis disaster?
    Wade was thought to the next up and coming and was touted so by Rays management and news media around here after his great amazing rookie season wade has been a disaster never know what you may get from the kid. And on top of that after his rookie year Rays signed him to a long term deal.

Wade was thought to the next up and coming and was touted so by Rays management and news media around here after his great amazing rookie season wade has been a disaster never know what you may get from the kid. And on top of that after his rookie year Rays signed him to a long term deal.
    He's still just 26 with only two full seasons under his belt. His rookie season wasn't infinitely better than last year. Unless you consider '09 his rookie year.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky5 View Post
    He's still just 26 with only two full seasons under his belt. His rookie season wasn't infinitely better than last year. Unless you consider '09 his rookie year.
    What he did in the post season was great since the rest of the pitching staff sucked donkey kong

the rest of the pitching staff sucked donkey kong
    Hahaha, anyhow...

Moore looks like he has potential and if Davis falters he could easily be hooked for Moore. The Rays have a "good" problem.

Hahaha, anyhow...

Moore looks like he has potential and if Davis falters he could easily be hooked for Moore. The Rays have a "good" problem.
    Taking half my qoute is.... Just nevermind.................

The Rays are a penny pinching organization because they've had to be for many years. I fully expect them to put Moore in the rotation and let him polish himself on the job.

Heck, the Red Sox did the same thing with Lester and Masterson, and they had a good wallet from which to draw an extra starting pitcher if they'd preferred. Sometimes you just have to let a talented guy go through a bit of a struggle and see what he learns from it.

Taking half my qoute is.... Just nevermind.................
    What? It was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgran View Post
    The Rays are a penny pinching organization because they've had to be for many years. I fully expect them to put Moore in the rotation and let him polish himself on the job.

Heck, the Red Sox did the same thing with Lester and Masterson, and they had a good wallet from which to draw an extra starting pitcher if they'd preferred. Sometimes you just have to let a talented guy go through a bit of a struggle and see what he learns from it.
    I like this approach, Imgran. If the guy has good control and movement on all his pitches then send him out there. Theres nothing more he can learn feasting on minor league pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgran View Post

Rookies here don't ever seem to struggle though.......

What? It was hilarious.

I like this approach, Imgran. If the guy has good control and movement on all his pitches then send him out there. Theres nothing more he can learn feasting on minor league pitching.
    Its true price sucked in the playoffs in 2010 so did sheilds garza honestly shined and so did wade.