Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Rays Season Thread

Oh What a way for Los to return there What a game as well!

Shields deserved the start Friday for being the veteran leader and he also had a better year in 2011 than Price. He didn't perform Friday like a #1 but neither did CC. 3 straight wins against the Yankees? Can't ask for a better start, but now we head out to three tough places to play, Detroit, Boston & Toronto. Certainly off to a better start than '11 and hoping we go at least .500 on the road trip.
    Please visit http://sportsfeedia.com/ for the latest RSS feed updates on all your favorite sports and teams (my son created it and is the owner )

Quote Originally Posted by raysnbran View Post
    Shields deserved the start Friday for being the veteran leader and he also had a better year in 2011 than Price. He didn't perform Friday like a #1 but neither did CC. 3 straight wins against the Yankees? Can't ask for a better start, but now we head out to three tough places to play, Detroit, Boston & Toronto. Certainly off to a better start than '11 and hoping we go at least .500 on the road trip.
    there are only tough places this season. the orioles suck but the other teams of the division are all really good. I think NY is going to win the division but the race for the two WCs will be really tough with the angels (or rangers), red sox and rays. the blue jays are also very tough. the rays can of course also win the division but then it has to go really well and some guys need really good years.
    I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Not Worried about the sox Detroit i will be happy with 2 of three.

I am officially worried about this team. The SPs are just going through a slump right now, but it's wearing the bullpen down in the process. Looks like we are on the way to our 3rd straight L to the Red Sox, with a potent Blue Jay team waiting in the wings. Time for Shields tomorrow to stand up and lead the way.
    Last edited by raysnbran; 04-15-2012 at 05:16 PM.

Thank you Friedman for signing Fernando Rodney. We would be in last place without him. Finally get to play a night game on the road tomorrow and get back into what the schedule will be like most days of the season...

Ummmmm our bull pen is a disaster but doesn't help that the starters aren't going deep at all.

Good news is that I just got my tickets to see the Rays play Sunday afternoon against the Twins. Bad news is that I get to see Jeff Neimann pitch instead of Shields, Price or Moore...
    Please visit http://sportsfeedia.com/ for the latest RSS feed updates on all your favorite sports and teams (my son created it and is the owner )

Good news is that I just got my tickets to see the Rays play Sunday afternoon against the Twins. Bad news is that I get to see Jeff Neimann pitch instead of Shields, Price or Moore...
    Neimen has been alright the big man can get settled in and pitch as great as anyone i have seen! good all around win tonight by the boys.

Rays claim Brandon Allen from Oakland, put Chirinos on the 60 day DL. They will have to make another move tomorrow, as BJ Upton is due back with the team, probably Stephen Vogt gets sent down...

http://www.draysbay.com/

Rays claim Brandon Allen from Oakland, put Chirinos on the 60 day DL. They will have to make another move tomorrow, as BJ Upton is due back with the team, probably Stephen Vogt gets sent down...

http://www.draysbay.com/
    Good he can't hit ML Pitching to save his life.

Do you think Geovany Soto is worth taking a chance on, maybe trading a prospect SP? Maybe a change of scenery would enable him to become the catcher of the future this team needs. Just throwing it out there...

Jose Molina not working out?

Quote Originally Posted by The Korean View Post
    Jose Molina not working out?
    He has played 100 games exactly once in his career and will be 37 in June. He was expected to play between 80-100 for us this year, so is getting plenty of off days. We just don't have anyone really capable of backing him up on either the minor or major league level.

It was a fun game to be at today. Went to Ferg's sports bar across the street from the Trop beforehand, it was packed with Rays fans, food and beer was very good. Lots of energy to the crowd of 26,507 today with it being a Family Fun Day, lots of kids there, but no little ones around me screaming the whole game. Rays played efficient & productive ball, getting 6 runs on 5 hits, including 4 sacrifice flies. Niemann pitched well, carrying a no hitter into the 5th and the bullpen shut the Twins down after 5 1/3. Good crowds all three nights for a lesser known opponent, hopefully that's a sign of good things to come crowdwise all year.

Do you think Geovany Soto is worth taking a chance on, maybe trading a prospect SP? Maybe a change of scenery would enable him to become the catcher of the future this team needs. Just throwing it out there...

No i know we need a catcher desperately Rumor mill has it that the Rays are going after AJ From the white sox and Kurt Suski

It was a fun game to be at today. Went to Ferg's sports bar across the street from the Trop beforehand, it was packed with Rays fans, food and beer was very good. Lots of energy to the crowd of 26,507 today with it being a Family Fun Day, lots of kids there, but no little ones around me screaming the whole game. Rays played efficient & productive ball, getting 6 runs on 5 hits, including 4 sacrifice flies. Niemann pitched well, carrying a no hitter into the 5th and the bullpen shut the Twins down after 5 1/3. Good crowds all three nights for a lesser known opponent, hopefully that's a sign of good things to come crowdwise all year.
    Yeah i was stocked to see such good crowds! I hope its of signs to come! Neimen pitched well and i told ya don't underestimate the guy!

Quote Originally Posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
    No i know we need a catcher desperately Rumor mill has it that the Rays are going after AJ From the white sox and Kurt Suski
    AJ is 35, I'd rather get a young guy that will be here a while. Soto probably makes too much, I think Sunday's paper had him making over $5M a year. Suzuki is 28, not much pop in his bat, but he makes good contact, Rays kind of player.

And yeah, you were right about Niemann pitching well. If he can just keep that arm angle and downward plane to his fastball, at 6'9", he can look 8 feet tall on that mound and dominate.

Rays also rumored to be about to sign Hideki Matsui to a minor league deal. Don't give up on Luke Scott already, once he's healthy he can help us this year, Stu!!

AJ is 35, I'd rather get a young guy that will be here a while. Soto probably makes too much, I think Sunday's paper had him making over $5M a year. Suzuki is 28, not much pop in his bat, but he makes good contact, Rays kind of player.

And yeah, you were right about Niemann pitching well. If he can just keep that arm angle and downward plane to his fastball, at 6'9", he can look 8 feet tall on that mound and dominate.

Rays also rumored to be about to sign Hideki Matsui to a minor league deal. Don't give up on Luke Scott already, once he's healthy he can help us this year, Stu!!
    Think these signings are just insurance incase the injury bug comes back around.

Matsui is older than Scott and injured too, so who knows. I'm surprised Matsui would sign a minor league deal instead of going back to Japan for the $$$ like Iwamura did after the Pirates released him. Unless he has become so Americanized that he'd rather stay over on this side of the pond.

David Price finally pitches like the Cy Young candidate he was in 2010...complete game shutout of the Angels and Albert Pujols. This homestand is finally where we can make some hay. Then go to Texas for 3 before coming home to play the M's and A's.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast