Thread: Manny working out w/ A's, deal looks close

Manny working out w/ A's, deal looks close

Still not sure how I feel about this. He'll be making the league minimum which is good - still he'd be stealing a roster spot from a younger & possibly more deserving player. After briefly looking at his stats over the last few seasons he played, it's safe to say he's in a tailspin.

http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/new...s_oak&c_id=oak
    WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

I think it would be a great move by the A's. I don't think Manny is done playing baseball.

Hey, if they can get him cheap enough, he could be a decent addition to the team. Could at least draw in some more fans...

Quote Originally Posted by Edgartohof View Post
    Hey, if they can get him cheap enough, he could be a decent addition to the team. Could at least draw in some more fans...
    Maybe so... He needs to sit out 50 games first.
    WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Quote Originally Posted by Edgartohof View Post
    That's what WE thought last year, and he lasted a week. We lost Longoria to an oblique and Manny to the pee cup in the span of a week and went 0-6 to start the season. How we got in on the last day is still a wonder (thanks Boston)
    Please visit http://sportsfeedia.com/ for the latest RSS feed updates on all your favorite sports and teams (my son created it and is the owner )

I just heard on ESPN that the Manny deal is in place and he's now an Athletic. One thing I know - I won't be drafting him on my fantasy squad!
    WAR? Prove it!

Quote Originally Posted by Zito75 View Post
    I just heard on ESPN that the Manny deal is in place and he's now an Athletic. One thing I know - I won't be drafting him on my fantasy squad!
    I will as soon as I can.