• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NYYankeesFan92
    NYYankeesFan92
    • Jan 2012

Pitching Arsenal

I currently throw a Four-Seam Fastball, Sinker, Cutter & Circle-Change Up. Does this sound like a good pitching arsenal?
  • Standballdad
    • May 2011

Originally posted by NYYankeesFan92 View Post
    I currently throw a Four-Seam Fastball, Sinker, Cutter & Circle-Change Up. Does this sound like a good pitching arsenal?
    A couple of questions, how old are you, and do you have good command of your fastball (do you hit your spots)?

Comment

• NYYankeesFan92
      NYYankeesFan92
      • Jan 2012

I'm 20 & yes, my command is good.

Comment

• tg643
        Team Veteran
        • May 2010

At what level are you pitching. That will help in responses.

Comment

• Thor
          • Mar 2007

There are many two seam and four seam varieties. Throw all of them.

Comment

• Standballdad
            • May 2011

I'm 20 & yes, my command is good.
            If you do have good command of your fastball, you have more than enough pitches.

Comment

• songtitle
              Baseball Voodoo
              • Aug 2008

Yes, at any level.

Originally posted by Standballdad View Post
              If you do have good command of your fastball, you have more than enough pitches.
              You better be throwing in the mid to upper 90s then. Otherwise, even high schoolers hammer diets of straight fastballs.
              efastball.com - hitting and pitching fact checker

Comment

• Standballdad
                • May 2011

Originally posted by songtitle View Post
                Yes, at any level.

You better be throwing in the mid to upper 90s then. Otherwise, even high schoolers hammer diets of straight fastballs.
                This is not the case. You can throw mid 80's, and be very effective with 2 or 3 pitches. It's all about location and keeping hitters off balance.

Comment

• songtitle
                  Baseball Voodoo
                  • Aug 2008

standballdad, sorry. I misread your post. I see what you're saying now. I agree.
                  efastball.com - hitting and pitching fact checker

Comment

• Standballdad
                    • May 2011

Originally posted by songtitle View Post
                    standballdad, sorry. I misread your post. I see what you're saying now. I agree.
                    No problem

Comment

• Dirtberry
                      • Jan 2008

Nyyankeesfan92,
                      I currently throw a Four-Seam Fastball, Sinker, Cutter & Circle-Change Up.
                      The only questions you need to ask yourself is are they all pronated?
                      If they are not then you have a chance at elbow degradation due to intuitively centripetal supinated drives and releases.

If your circle moves towards the ball arm (at-20%) side you are voluntarily pronating , good!! This is the easiest pitch on your arm if pronated?
                      Your Sinker moves down and towards the ball arm(at-10%) side you are voluntarily pronating, good!! These two pitches help in your elbows health and give you a higher MTS rating on ball axis presentation through pronated percentage.
                      Your cutter moves towards the glove arm side and if supinated like most teach is one of the most destructive to the elbows health there is. There is a pronated version, one of my pitchers attains 98 MPH with it at sea level!
                      Your 4 seam fastball is probably supinated adding it to the total of 2 supinated and 2 pronated, not bad but. You don’t dabble with the curve? Good decision as this pitch type is always supinated hard snapped Bone to bone and by not using it brings your MTS rating even higher. There is a pronated version but you would then have to learn how to drive down your acromial(keep ball on the linear ball driveline) line by axipetal drive.

Does this sound like a good pitching arsenal?
                      Pretty good, do you know how to sequence the 4 types (pullR/L & sprayR/L) of batters?
                      You are set up very well for the task of being able to pitch to both side batter’s equally, if only you had that pronated curve? Then you could add that pronated slider so you would then have 3 pitches that moved right with 3 speeds and 3 pitches that moved to the left with 3 speeds. This is what my clients end up with so they can sequence changes in 3 times through the lineup differently.

Standballdad,

“This is not the case. You can throw mid 80's, and be very effective with 2 or 3 pitches.”
                      This is even the case when you can only produce low 80’s fastball’s if you have 6 pitches. Now give this same arsonal to a fast twitcher?

It's all about location and keeping hitters off balance.
                      Ain’t it ever!!! Junk em low to get ahead and speed them at the letters to punch em out.
                      Primum non nocere

Comment

• LAball
                        • Feb 2008

Does your 4 seam move? is so , which way?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X