Thread: New avatars

New avatars

I have an idea. Several teams - particularly the Marlins - have introduced new, updated or retro designs for their teams in the past year. The Marlins have a new logo while the Orioles, Mets and Toronto has introduced retro logos. How about adding some new avatars to reflect these changes?

I would also like to add the Mets road gray to the list of official avatars:

"Hitting is timing. Pitching is upsetting timing." - Warren Spahn

Quote Originally Posted by Blue387 View Post
    I have an idea. Several teams - particularly the Marlins - have introduced new, updated or retro designs for their teams in the past year. The Marlins have a new logo while the Orioles, Mets and Toronto has introduced retro logos. How about adding some new avatars to reflect these changes?

I would also like to add the Mets road gray to the list of official avatars:

I'll let webmaster know in case he hasn't had a chance to see this yet.
    Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Alex Sparky
    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
    Gates Philip John Warrior JEDI

Consider it done sir, I just added about a dozen new variations of different avatars I saw out there including several for the Mets, Marlins and a couple for the Orioles and Blue Jays.

Thanks for the reminder,

Sean

Thank you for the changes but it appears that my avatar is a little too big.
    "Hitting is timing. Pitching is upsetting timing." - Warren Spahn

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue387 View Post
    Thank you for the changes but it appears that my avatar is a little too big.
    The size of custom avatars is not a site issue. In other words, the site doesn't resize custom avatars. If you wish to use a custom avatar and don't want it to be too big, the user has to resize it or crop it to fit the standard dimensions. Yours is 100 x 150 pixels. The general standard is 60 x 60.

At the same time, if the dimensions of your chosen pic is rectangular rather than square, such as yours, and you wish to retain the aspect ratio, the basic idea is to resize it from 100 x 150 to something closer to 60 x 90 pixels.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance, I'll be happy to help you, whether it be here or in a PM.
    Put it in the books.

Blog Entries
    For your convenience, I've resized your pic to better meet the site's avatar standard. In essence, I merely resized it from 100 x 150 pixels to 60 x 90. The general idea is for the height to be not much more or less than 60 pixels.

mets2012b-resized.gif
    Put it in the books.