Thread: Dodgers Baseball Card

Dodgers Baseball Card

Why and for what games did the Dodgers wear this white cap?

1999_keeblerdodgers_arnold.jpg
    "I go all out, and I'm going to bring that to the table everyday. In good times and in bad times." - Eric Byrnes
    "As long as I have fun playing, the stats will take care of themselves." - Ken Griffey Jr.

I know that the uniform is from 2000 because of the patch, but so far I can't find any specific information regarding the white cap.

I believe the white hat shown in the picture was the batting practice hat of that era....2000.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak95 View Post
    I believe the white hat shown in the picture was the batting practice hat of that era....2000.
    I see, thanks.
    "I go all out, and I'm going to bring that to the table everyday. In good times and in bad times." - Eric Byrnes
    "As long as I have fun playing, the stats will take care of themselves." - Ken Griffey Jr.

Maybe it was a cap worn on Sundays? I don't think MLB teams were wearing BP games yet in 2000. Just a guess though. I also think players grabbed whatever was close for the posed pics on older cards. Could have been a ballpark employee cap or something.
    "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

"My name is Yasiel Puig. I am from Cuba. I am 21 years old. Thank you."

Only reference I could find to an alternate cap is the hideous (IMO) silver-brimmed cap they wore during 1999. I will keep searching though. Home after a surgery, so I have lots of free time!
    "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

Quote Originally Posted by The Commissioner View Post
    I know that the uniform is from 2000 because of the patch, but so far I can't find any specific information regarding the white cap.
    Those patches were worn in 1999, not 2000.

1999 was the first year MLB mandated BP caps for all teams. I would assume those were the Dodgers home BP caps. The Dodgers only have ever worn one alt cap and that was the blue and silver model.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
    - Walt Whitman

Is this the hat you guys speak of? Because it truly is atrocious.

http://www.sportsblink.com/product_i...at-3110091.jpg
    No one can make you
    Do what they want to
    You know you're stronger
    Than the lies
    That they tell you

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseDemocracy View Post
    Is this the hat you guys speak of? Because it truly is atrocious.

http://www.sportsblink.com/product_i...at-3110091.jpg
    Yes, that's the one. Scary.

Quote Originally Posted by bhss89 View Post
    Yes, that's the one. Scary.
    I hope my childrenses never see this.
    No one can make you
    Do what they want to
    You know you're stronger
    Than the lies
    That they tell you

Unequivocally, the white hat with the blue bill and button is the batting practice hat of that era, 1999-2001. As a matter of fact, I have one of these hats. Inside, there is the "Authentic" collection label; on the back of the hat is the MLB logo. As a matter of fact, the KC Royals had an almost identical hat...with "Royals" emblazoned on the front. I believe these hats were only around for a year.