Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Athletics Season Thread

Blog Entries

2012 Athletics Season Thread

'Tis the season. Feel free to discuss the 2012 A's season here.

Put it in the books.

Quote Originally Posted by milladrive View Post
    'Tis the season. Feel free to discuss the 2012 A's season here.

Thanks for getting us started... Still hard to believe the season has begun!
    WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zito75 View Post
    Thanks for getting us started... Still hard to believe the season has begun!
    Indeed, it is hard to believe. Thank goodness there wasn't much of a winter to speak of -- at least not in the northeast -- so it went pretty quickly.

Btw, without searching the forum, I feel compelled to ask how A's fans feel about their season beginning in Japan during ST? Did the teams have to sacrifice ST games in order to take on such an agreement? I ask only because I don't think I've ever seen this happen before, so far in advance. ...although I think a couple of teams started their season early one year in San Juan. But I could be wrong.
    Put it in the books.

Quote Originally Posted by milladrive View Post
    Indeed, it is hard to believe. Thank goodness there wasn't much of a winter to speak of -- at least not in the northeast -- so it went pretty quickly.

Btw, without searching the forum, I feel compelled to ask how A's fans feel about their season beginning in Japan during ST? Did the teams have to sacrifice ST games in order to take on such an agreement? I ask only because I don't think I've ever seen this happen before, so far in advance. ...although I think a couple of teams started their season early one year in San Juan. But I could be wrong.
    we played there a couple years ago...I don't see the point of it..Plus we lost 2 home games because of it...

Yoenis Cespedes is tearing the cover off the ball:
    http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=20443361
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue387 View Post
    Yoenis Cespedes is tearing the cover off the ball:
    http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=20443361
    Thanks for the link - couldn't be more pleased by the way he's started... Let's hope the rest of the bats wake up!
    Last edited by Zito75; 04-11-2012 at 01:52 PM.
    WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

How good is Bartolo Colon, eh? 38 straight strikes last night, absolutely brilliant. Reddick and CÚspedes are beasts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Pitt View Post
    How good is Bartolo Colon, eh? 38 straight strikes last night, absolutely brilliant. Reddick and CÚspedes are beasts as well.
    You beat me to it. As far as I'm concerned, 38 strikes in a row is a record. You'd be hard pressed to find out someone else has topped that mark. As long as you're throwing strikes, good things will happen - like 6-0 shoutouts over the Angels!
    WAR? Prove it!

Cespedes at bat Twitter feed:
    https://twitter.com/#!/CespedesAtBat
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue387 View Post
    Cespedes at bat Twitter feed:
    https://twitter.com/#!/CespedesAtBat
    Thanks for posting. At least he's hitting the ball... unlike the rest of our offense...
    WAR? Prove it!

What a joke today was. Colon pitched another gem. Shutout into the 9th, and Melvin leaves him in to long, only for Balfour to come in and blow another game. That was infuriating to watch. It really sucks giving games away like that and the series too.

Michael Taylor is expected to join the A's Friday.

And Coco Crisp (inner ear) is expected to be placed on the 15-day disabled list. Taylor is batting .347/.390/.547 with two homers, 18 RBI and six stolen bases in 23 games this season for Triple-A Sacramento and should be in line for a healthy dose of playing time. The 26-year-old outfielder may carry value in AL-only leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo A's fan View Post
    What a joke today was. Colon pitched another gem. Shutout into the 9th, and Melvin leaves him in to long, only for Balfour to come in and blow another game. That was infuriating to watch. It really sucks giving games away like that and the series too.
    Just a matter of time before Balfour gets replaced...
    WAR? Prove it!

Did you guys see the video of the miserable umpire call in the A's game against Texas!
    Click this link and play the video where Melvin got ejected.
    http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/new...s_oak&c_id=oak
    Everyone except that umpire saw that Brandon McCarthy caught that pop bunt and would have had a double play!

Wow... I just now saw that video, and OMG - that was a terrible call! What's with umpires these days anyway???!!!
    WAR? Prove it!

It's truly sad, but on June 4th, I've already given up on this season....we just don't have the horses...again.

It's truly sad, but on June 4th, I've already given up on this season....we just don't have the horses...again.
    It's sad. We need that new stadium, where ever they decide to build it... We would have had a shot had we kept some pitching in the off season...
    WAR? Prove it!

Josh Reddick was definitely a good acquisition! He's better than Holliday and Willingham! I wish the Bosox would have taken Coco Crisp instead of Ryan Sweeney though. Whether or not Andrew Bailey's injury would have occured if he stayed with the A's is speculation for sooth sayers, astrologists and gambling fans.
    Gio Gonzales is having a super star season with Washington, but the A's probably would have lost him to free agency if they kept him. I'd hate to see Gonzales as a free agent Yankee acquisition! Cahill is not raising any eyebrows for the time being. Breslow is rebounding with the D-Backs, but Ryan Cook is looking even better. Trading Brad Ziegler was apparently a mistake, he keeps proving his doubters wrong! Parker and Milone are good starters, who would look much better with some run support!

I think most of the trades were reasonable or neccesary for the A's.

these mfers just swept the Yankees!

OAKLAND be legit son

First team since May 2003 (Toronto) to sweep the Yankees in a four game series!!! KEEP IT GOING!!!

The arrogant east coast took it in the shorts today! The A's, with a 'supposedly' inferior team swept the Yankees FOUR games and the Dodgers swept the Mets. It's Miller Time!
    Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours. - Yogi Berra

I love it!!! Sweeps of both the BoSox and Yankees within a few week span... With a sweep of the Twinks thrown in there for good measure... GO A's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WAR? Prove it!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    these mfers just swept the Yankees!

OAKLAND be legit son
    Music to my ears man... Sweet!
    WAR? Prove it!

Haha, destroying the Sawx last night by 18 runs was freakin' awesome! This team just keeps rolling!

Haha, destroying the Sawx last night by 18 runs was freakin' awesome! This team just keeps rolling!
    what a game! those losers had no chance!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast