Thread: 2012 Reds Season Thread

Blog Entries

2012 Reds Season Thread

A new baseball season always makes me happy. Feel free to discuss the 2012 Reds season here.

Put it in the books.

I am looking so forward to this season. Even though Madson has gone down, I still think that Marshall can step up and take care of the back end of the bullpen. It is going to be imperative that Rolen remain healthy though.

Should the Reds extend Dusty Baker when his contract as manager expires later this year?
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue387 View Post
    Should the Reds extend Dusty Baker when his contract as manager expires later this year?
    Only if they contend this year. That means still having a chance of winning in late August. Another .500 or so team, and I'd like the to explore their options.
    Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
    Robin JEDI

Small-Market Reds Invest in Their Stars
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/29/sp...pagewanted=all

Quote Originally Posted by Blue387 View Post
    Small-Market Reds Invest in Their Stars
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/29/sp...pagewanted=all
    It's gratifying.
    Robin JEDI

The Reds are back to one game over .500 now. Latos looked like the pitcher that we were hoping yesterday and what in the world does Todd Frazier need to do to make this team? He is obviously the best choice to replace Rolen right now. In fact he is playing much better than Rolen. Perhaps they need to give Rolen a little more time off to get things together and go with the hot player.

Jay Bruce is the oldest man in baseball:
    http://mlblogssnaggingbaseballs.file...uce_is_old.jpg

Reds closer Aroldis Chapman was arrested for speeding and driving with a suspended license.
    http://www.wlwt.com/news/31095156/detail.html

As we were watching the game last night, one of my friends mentioned how Mike Leake was trying to emulate Bronson Arroyo. He meant the hair, but seconds later he went deep. Then Zack Cozart did. Then Drew Stubbs did for the second time.

Good things happen when my friend pays attention.
    Robin JEDI

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cold Nose View Post
    As we were watching the game last night, one of my friends mentioned how Mike Leake was trying to emulate Bronson Arroyo. He meant the hair, but seconds later he went deep. Then Zack Cozart did. Then Drew Stubbs did for the second time.

Good things happen when my friend pays attention.
    When those homeruns were hit I think the same fan caught em both. I heard he gave em both away. I cant post videos but if somebody could, you will see how this guy caught back to back homeruns. I'm pretty sure it was Leake and Cozart who hit em. It was Leakes first career homerun so he gave it to him and the 2nd homerun he gave to his buddy who bought the ticket for him from what i hear.

I saw fans catch two foul ball in a game (1983 World Series a fan had a big fish net and caught like 2 or 3 foul balls) but to catch back to back homeruns has gotta be a first.
    Last edited by chicagowhitesox1173; 05-23-2012 at 03:12 AM.
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
    When those homeruns were hit I think the same fan caught em both. I heard he gave em both away. I cant post videos but if somebody could, you will see how this guy caught back to back homeruns. I'm pretty sure it was Leake and Cozart who hit em. It was Leakes first career homerun so he gave it to him and the 2nd homerun he gave to his buddy who bought the ticket for him from what i hear.

I saw fans catch two foul ball in a game (1983 World Series a fan had a big fish net and caught like 2 or 3 foul balls) but to catch back to back homeruns has gotta be a first.
    This probally deserves it's own post in the Reds forum.
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post

They interviewed the guy a couple of innings later. It was, indeed, the Leake and Cozart homers.
    Robin JEDI

This year marks the first time since 1975 that the Reds were the first team in baseball to win 82 games, and we all know how that season worked out.
    "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

congrats to johnnie b's boys.
    good luck in the playoffs to them.
    "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Congratulations to Homer Bailey on pitching a no-hitter against the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by west coast orange and black View Post
    congrats to johnnie b's boys.
    good luck in the playoffs to them.
    To the G-Men, as well, WCOAB.
    Robin JEDI

so what's everyone expecting for playoff performance?

I thought Miguel Cairo had retired.

I was surprised to see him playing for the Reds.

I hope that Miguel Cairo does retire. We got little production from him this season and his contract has ran out.