Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Marlins Season Thread

Between Miami, Winter Springs and Largo, Fl
    Now we travel to the City of Brotherly Love..

Mon, Sep 6 @Philadelphia 1:05pm EDT
    Mon, Sep 6 @Philadelphia 7:05pm EDT
    Tue, Sep 7 @Philadelphia 7:05pm EDT
    Wed, Sep 8 @Philadelphia 7:05pm EDT
    Chairman of the Bored

Sun, Sep 12 @Washington W 6-5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mon, Sep 13 Philadelphia 7:10pm EDT
    Tue, Sep 14 Philadelphia 7:10pm EDT
    Wed, Sep 15 Philadelphia 7:10pm EDT
    Chairman of the Bored

Thu, Sep 23 @Milwaukee L 3-8

Fri, Sep 24 @Milwaukee 8:10pm EDT
    Sat, Sep 25 @Milwaukee 7:10pm EDT
    Sun, Sep 26 @Milwaukee 2:10pm EDT
    Chairman of the Bored

This is it Folks...Until the Spring of 2011 !!!!

C Ya !!!!!
    Chairman of the Bored

Atlanta gladly takes Dan Uggla off hands of fast-moving Florida...
    Chairman of the Bored

AP source: Vazquez and Marlins reach $7M agreement
    Chairman of the Bored

Marlins Team Report..January 2011

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...s-2011-mlb-fla
    Chairman of the Bored

Happy Winter Y'All !!!
    Chairman of the Bored

Blog Entries
    West Helms at third makes me nervous.

Three reasons the Florida Marlins should contend for a World Series Title in 2011

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ycn-7615498
    Chairman of the Bored

We.re JUST about ready Folks........The last year in the boondocks !!! Then its Home Sweet Home..Miami here we come !!!!
    Chairman of the Bored

2011 here and I havent been around for a while..Nice come from behind win last nite...my second favorite team in the Majors, was the victim..but the Rays will be just fine..

Chairman of the Bored

Blog Entries
    I think if the owners start spending and are able to keep good players, the perception will change and I think the fans will eventually reward the team with good attendance.

Blog Entries

2012 Marlins Season Thread

'Tis the season. Feel free to discuss the 2012 Marlins season here.

Put it in the books.

Is The 2012 Miami Marlins Yearbooks on Sale Yet? Or Is It Too Soon?...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jrabrams View Post
    Is The 2012 Miami Marlins Yearbooks on Sale Yet? Or Is It Too Soon?...
    Yearbooks in general are not officially available until the home opener. And coming from someone who has all 129 Met yearbooks, I speak from experience. The 130th won't be available until the team's home opener.

For a good case in point, Mets manager Gil Hodges died a mere week before Opening Day in 1972. One would think there would be a pre-release "bootleg" yearbook out there, but there doesn't seem to be. Instead, they scrambled quickly to reorganize the 1972 yearbook to indicate Yogi Berra as the new manager. I still have yet to locate a copy -- or even an indication that one exists -- of one I'm sure would've been available a week later, but all the research in the world has not yet uncovered a '72 Gil Hodges version. My instinct tells me the team pulled all of the originals and threw them into the furnace, while simultaneously scrambling to make the minor changes to the yeaarbook that was released a week later.

Sorry, I know this is the Marlins forum, but I needed an example to elaborate on my reply.
    Put it in the books.

Thanks,For The 2012 Miami Marlins Yearbook Info.Do You Know,If The 2012 Miami Marlins Yearbook Will Have a Article About The History of Baseball in Miami? Or an Article With Photo's of The Original Miami Marlins,Old MIAMI Stadium? A Book About Old MIAMI Stadium is Coming Out in The Near Future.By U of Miami Architect Professor Rolando Llanes.From What,I've Heard It Will Be The First Book Published About Old MIAMI Stadium.I'm Looking Forward To Buying a Copy of That MIAMI Stadium Book.I'm Thinking,It's Only My Opinion.But,on That 1972 Mets Yearbook.Maybe,They Hadn't Starting Printing The Front Cover Yet For The '72 Mets Yearbook.But,They Had To Scramble & Hustle To Make Changes To The Inside Material/Text Because of Gil Hodges Passing Away.Only 1 Week Before The 1972 Home Opener For The Mets.The Mysterious,Cover of Gil Hodges on The Front Cover May Never Have Been Starting Printing Yet? Don't They Print The Front Covers Of Yearbooks Last? Just Sayin' Or They Stopped The Presses Quickly.Once They Knew For Sure That Gil Hodges Had Passed Away.Your a Big-Time/Avid Collector of NY Mets Yearbooks.Never Realized That 129 Mets Yearbooks Were Published Already.Are There Revised Editions of Mets Yearbooks Every Year? Do All MLB Teams Also Have revised Editions of Yearbooks Every Year? Thanks,For Your Answers To All My Questions In Advance?...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jrabrams View Post
    Thanks,For The 2012 Miami Marlins Yearbook Info.Do You Know,If The 2012 Miami Marlins Yearbook Will Have a Article About The History of Baseball in Miami? Or an Article With Photo's of The Original Miami Marlins,Old MIAMI Stadium? A Book About Old MIAMI Stadium is Coming Out in The Near Future.By U of Miami Architect Professor Rolando Llanes.From What,I've Heard It Will Be The First Book Published About Old MIAMI Stadium.I'm Looking Forward To Buying a Copy of That MIAMI Stadium Book.I'm Thinking,It's Only My Opinion.But,on That 1972 Mets Yearbook.Maybe,They Hadn't Starting Printing The Front Cover Yet For The '72 Mets Yearbook.But,They Had To Scramble & Hustle To Make Changes To The Inside Material/Text Because of Gil Hodges Passing Away.Only 1 Week Before The 1972 Home Opener For The Mets.The Mysterious,Cover of Gil Hodges on The Front Cover May Never Have Been Starting Printing Yet? Don't They Print The Front Covers Of Yearbooks Last? Just Sayin' Or They Stopped The Presses Quickly.Once They Knew For Sure That Gil Hodges Had Passed Away.Your a Big-Time/Avid Collector of NY Mets Yearbooks.Never Realized That 129 Mets Yearbooks Were Published Already.Are There Revised Editions of Mets Yearbooks Every Year? Do All MLB Teams Also Have revised Editions of Yearbooks Every Year? Thanks,For Your Answers To All My Questions In Advance?...
    Unfortunately, I have little info about what will be included in this year's Marlins yearbook. Primarily because it hasn't been released yet.

Just to clarify, the cover of the '72 Mets yearbook never intended to put the manager on the cover. It features four key players for the Mets that year. But you're right about them scrambling to make the minor changes inside to commemorate Hodges and replace his page with Berra. It's my experience, though, that team yearbooks are printed once the 40-man roster has been resolved, which is usually a a couple of weeks before the season begins. However, on the contrary, the covers are usually designed and/or printed first rather than last. I believe you're correct, though, that the minute Hodges died, they did indeed stop the presses, and all the yearbooks that were already printed were destroyed with due haste.

As for the large number of Met yearbooks, there are various reasons. Most years had revised editions from 1962 through 1991. Oddly enough, no revisions have been released after 1991, except for the "Final Shea Edition," available only during the last three games at Shea in 2008. There were also some containing errors that were corrected after release (my favorite being 1974, when the cover said "Offical" instead of "Official" and was corrected a month into the season), some Hispanic versions, many seasons with ballpark and bookstore variations, commemorative reprints given away at single promotional dates, and so on. A bulk of them came during their first four seasons, with five editions in '62, four editions in '63, five in '64, four in '65, and, believe it or not, a whopping 20 variations in 1966. I could write a book about it. In fact, I am. The first three seasons can be found on my blog page.

I wish I had more info about this year's Marlins yearbook, but without a release, there's no way of knowing yet. There are even a few teams (like the White Sox, for example) that don't release yearbooks at all anymore. Imo, there's no excuse for that. I'm not sure of your location, but if you're not able to get to Marlins Park this season, there are always yearbooks available on feeBay within a day or two of their release. I hope that helps.
    Put it in the books.

I Was,Just Curious/Wondering if a Spring Training Game.Played Between The Baltimore Orioles vs The New York Mets.That Was Played at The OLD MIAMI Stadium.That Was Televised on WOR-TV Channel 9 Back To New York in Either The Late 1980's or Early 1990's a Night Game.Would It Be Possible To Purchase a VHS Video or DVD of That Spring Training Game? I Grew-Up in Miami,Fla.Now Live in Peekskill,NY.I Remember,The Old MIAMI Stadium Real Well.MIAMI Stadium Was Demolished in 2001.There is a Book Coming Out in The Near Future About: MIAMI Stadium.Any Info,Sugestions Regarding a Recorded Tape or DVD About That Spring Training Night Game at Old MIAMI Stadium.Would Be Very Much Appreciated.I Realize,This is a Miami Marlins Forum.But,MIAMI Stadium Was Home To The Original Miami Marlins in The International League.Then Later The Florida State League.Thanks in Advance For Your Help.I'd Love To See That Spring Training Game Again,Somehow From Old MIAMI Stadium in The Late 1980's or Early 1990's...

Why the hell did the Marlins sign Jose Reyes?

The team already had two shortstops in Hanley Ramirez and Emilio Bonifacio and had gaping holes in other positions, such as center field, starting rotation or third base. Reyes only got two offers for him, from the Marlins and Mets, and the Mets offer was lukewarm; other teams were probably concerned about his history of injury. If it were for publicity, Reyes wouldn't get as much ink as Pujols or Fielder. And why would the Marlins hand a draft pick to a division rival? The Mark Buehrle and Heath Bell signings made sense but I can't comprehend or understand why the Marlins went after Jose Reyes.
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

You have to remember also that lots of seats have been sold, actual bodies never make it to the stadium itself, that is very common with the NBA's Heat too.

For example I'm goinn sunday the 29th, bought good seats really cheap on stubhub, they alone had something like close to 2,000 tickest for sale on their website for this sunday...Those are ALL resales.....
    Chairman of the Bored

Fri, Apr 27

Arizona

7:10pm EDT

Sat, Apr 28

Arizona

7:10pm EDT

Sun, Apr 29

Arizona

1:10pm EDT

Mon, Apr 30

Arizona

12:40pm EDT
    Chairman of the Bored

Dead is the word that comes to mind in regards to the Teams performance last nite @ home in front of about 32,000 fans...Lifeless on the field, both defending and trying to have a decent night at the plate. 3 more games on these series vs the Diamondbacks. Let's see if they can come out of the hole !!
    Chairman of the Bored

Won last nite, at least it will not be a sweep by Arizona...
    Chairman of the Bored

The bats woke up as I was leaving the Park yesterday, not enough to cover the earlier runs by the Diamonbacks...Today my 10 yrs old niece and her whole school are going to the noon game..Kids have a ball at the Park...
    Chairman of the Bored

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast