Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Most underrated players in baseball

Most underrated players in baseball

Ben Zobrist is the first choice that comes to mind.

Blog Entries
    I think Jered Weaver was the most underrated pitcher in baseball for a few years, but he may have finally started to get some more recognition in 2011. I still think he's underrated though.

I think Shin-Soo Choo also qualifies, though he had an off year in 2011.
    Last edited by GiambiJuice; 04-02-2012 at 08:33 AM.

Pablo Sandoval
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
    Pablo Sandoval
    Nah, players with catchy nicknames are never underrated.

220px-Kungfupanda.jpg

I've long wondered...if Catfish Hunter had just been "Jim" Hunter for his entire career, would he be in the Hall of Fame?
    Last edited by GiambiJuice; 04-02-2012 at 08:50 AM.

This hair style is underrated.

126244626_extra_large.jpg
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Blog Entries
    This hair style is underrated.

126244626_extra_large.jpg
    Looks like Prince Fielder's identical twin.

Ben zobriest. Sam Fuld James sheilds.

Blog Entries
    LOL @ Sam Fuld being "under"rated. He's one of the most overrated players in the game.

He's barely above replacement level and he's been given legendary status on SportsCenter and MLB network because of a few diving catches.

Paul Konerko
    "Tactics were resorted to, unworthy of fair, manly players" - Brooklyn Eagle, June 12,1890

Nick Markakis

Quote Originally Posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
    Paul Konerko
    The last two years have arguably been the best of his career.

Definitely Jared Weaver.
    1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
    The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

Adam Jones, Andrew McCutchen, Jered Weaver, Billy Butler and Gaby Sanchez are my underrated picks...
    WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Paul Konerko
    I remember when he came up with the Dodgers! That seems like ancient history. He's had a great and under appreciated career. I wonder if he has enough left in the tank to get to 500 HRs?

Blog Entries
    If Paul Konerko gets to 500 home runs, would he be the first clean 500 home run guy to not make it into the Hall of Fame?

If he were to get elected, it would be a horrible selection. He's certainly had a nice career, but FAR from Hall Of Fame level.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GiambiJuice View Post
    If Paul Konerko gets to 500 home runs, would he be the first clean 500 home run guy to not make it into the Hall of Fame?

If he were to get elected, it would be a horrible selection. He's certainly had a nice career, but FAR from Hall Of Fame level.

500 is automatic HOF, barring steroid allegations.
    Using a stolen chant from Boston Celtics fans whenever an L.A. team is playing up there just reeks of inferiority complex.

If hitting a baseball is the toughest thing to do in sports, then pitching must be the easiest thing to do in sports.

A good question. I'm not a big WAR guy but Kinerko's 29.5 WAR though age 35 seems awfully low for a HoF outfielder.

Blog Entries
    A good question. I'm not a big WAR guy but Kinerko's 29.5 WAR though age 35 seems awfully low for a HoF outfielder.
    Outfielder?

Outfielder?

Doh!! Brain fart! Though Konerko has played 18 career games in the outfield.

Konerko is a good answer, I also agree with Jered Weaver I think he's just now getting out of his brother's shadow even though he's pretty always been better than Jeff. Even though his career is about over now, and some will say he's a coors field product, I always felt Todd Helton was under-rated.
    Lets Go Yankees, Valley Cats, Dutchmen, UT Spartans and ECU Pirates.

I remember when he came up with the Dodgers! That seems like ancient history. He's had a great and under appreciated career. I wonder if he has enough left in the tank to get to 500 HRs?
    I think so. He's 36, and he can always DH for a couple of years when he can't play in the field anymore.

Good observation, and I think you're right.

It's actually worse than that, it's 25.9, Bill Mazeroski territory. I'm not claiming he's a Hall-Of Famer, just that he's underrated.
    In your post that I quoted, you misspelled his name, had his WAR wrong, and had him in the wrong position on the field. Now that's underrated!
    Last edited by ol' aches and pains; 04-02-2012 at 12:15 PM.
    "Tactics were resorted to, unworthy of fair, manly players" - Brooklyn Eagle, June 12,1890

It's actually worse than that, it's 25.9, Bill Mazeroski territory. I'm not claiming he's a Hall-Of Famer, just that he's underrated.
    In your post that I quoted, you misspelled his name, had his WAR wrong, and had him in the wrong position on the field. Now that's underrated!
    Touche! I've always been a bad typer.

LOL @ Sam Fuld being "under"rated. He's one of the most overrated players in the game.

He's barely above replacement level and he's been given legendary status on SportsCenter and MLB network because of a few diving catches.
    Don't hate those diving catches were the best catches of last year.

Blog Entries
    Touche! I've always been a bad typer.
    Typist

Typist
    Is "typist" a job title?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast