Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 San Francisco Giants Season thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich the Giants fan View Post
    I used to talk with Benji a lot during that season and was there for his 4-for-6 game that started the stretch (in which Rondell White hit for the cycle for the Expos). He was a real nice guy, if not a fantastic hitter. His dad was a Dodgers fan in Los Angeles before Mike came up but he switched allegence from the Dark Side, much to his co-workers dismay.
    Great story, Rich!
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Blog Entries
    Lost in the all the Barry Zito pitched a CG hoopla was Zito's 11-pitch at-bat where he got a single.

http://www.baycityball.com/2012/04/0...-pitch-at-bat/
    Last edited by Honus Wagner Rules; 04-10-2012 at 12:39 PM.
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Wags; Wasnt that something, Zitos at bat. That guy wasnt throwing any creampuffs in there, either. 96mph.What an ala mode that was on his great day. I hope he has many more.

Blog Entries
    It was just Zito's day I suppose.

Blog Entries
    Timmy is having another ugly game so far. The Giants are down 4-0 in the bottom of the third inning.

Blog Entries
    Make that 6-0 Rockies.
    Last edited by Honus Wagner Rules; 04-11-2012 at 06:51 PM.

Blog Entries
    Timmy is pulled with one out in the third inning. Ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
    Timmy is pulled with one out in the third inning. Ugh!

Looking at the glass half full....at least Timmy's velocity was up from the AZ start.
    “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

but the offense continues to rake. they are 1st n the NL in runs per game to date. sandoval and melky are really hitting the ball.
    I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

ESPN: "Should Giants be worried about Lincecum?"
    http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/po...about-lincecum
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Blog Entries
    MadBum pitches a solid game as the Giants win 4-1 to take 2 of 3 in Colorado. Now they come home for the AT&T home opener tomorrow!

Blog Entries
    Matt Cain with the 1-hit, complete game, shutout with 11 K's and 0 walks!!!! Bad-ass! This is at least Cain's second career 1-hitter. I'll go check.

Atta' boy Matty, no chance for Pirates hitters today. Cabrera is a very nice fit!

Blog Entries
    This is Cain's 3rd career 1-hitter.

As Kruk says, the Pirates had "none chance, none"

I love that quote
    “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

big
    matt
    cain

a gem.
    "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

giants 4, pirates 3 to even their record at 4-4 after opening 0-3.

the big men have now scored 4 or more runs in all 8 of their games this year.
    they are looking to make it 9 for the first time since 2003.
    "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

but now with the most errors in the bigs with 13.

bumgarner and cain both took a no-hitter into the 6th in back-to-back efforts.

the most recent times of taking a no-no into the 6th in consecutive starts prior to that:
    vogelsong / lincecum in may '11
    lincecum / sanchez in july '09

three in a row for the big men!

Got away with kicking the ball around last night, thats a ball Brandon's gotta take a bite out of once he runs it down. Back to back nice efforts out of Zito, control looks good!

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast