Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Red Sox Season Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by maximum jack View Post
    I didn't get a chance to watch, but it looks like Buch did not have his best stuff today. Got through 7 innings, but gave up 5 runs. Luckily our bats are hot, so he got the "W".
    His stuff was fine, it was a issue with location.

Quote Originally Posted by scaffolds View Post
    Yes there are moves to be made as Clay Mortenson and even Luis Exposito are in the 40 man roster.
    I wouldn't think those guys would make it through waivers. Do you?

We may find out...looks like Jason Repko is getting called up, not Lin.
    Visit my new card scan site at Baseball Card Scans.

View my autograph collection at Mike D's TTM Page.

Looks like the Sox worked out Mark Prior today in Fort Myers.

Hey, on a minor league deal, why not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D. View Post
    I wouldn't think those guys would make it through waivers. Do you?

We may find out...looks like Jason Repko is getting called up, not Lin.
    Exposito might not pass waivers, but Mortenson should, he isn't very good. Well played in the ninth inning this afternoon in Boston. repko also isn't in the 40 man roster, i still take Linares over Repko.
    Last edited by scaffolds; 04-14-2012 at 08:34 PM.

Exposito might not pass waivers, but Mortenson should, he isn't very good. Well played in the ninth inning this afternoon in Boston. repko also isn't in the 40 man roster, i still take Linares over Repko.
    Mortenson might...and having him off the 40-man would probably be good, since he's nowhere near the top of the Sox "call up" list.

Repko was coming off a few days off with a minor hamstring injury. Linares started in AA (and was raking there). Not sure why Linares was in AA and not AAA to start, but he'll probably get the call to Pawtucket in the coming days to take Repko's spot.

Blog Entries
    Mortenson might...and having him off the 40-man would probably be good, since he's nowhere near the top of the Sox "call up" list.

Repko was coming off a few days off with a minor hamstring injury. Linares started in AA (and was raking there). Not sure why Linares was in AA and not AAA to start, but he'll probably get the call to Pawtucket in the coming days to take Repko's spot.
    Not only was Repko promoted, but so was Nate Spears (Pedro Ciriaco would had been a better move) but in a surprise move the Red Sox designated for assigment Mike Bowden and Luis Exposito. Don't understand this move at all, Mike Bowden is a lot better pitcher than Mortenson.

Not only was Repko promoted, but so was Nate Spears (Pedro Ciriaco would had been a better move) but in a surprise move the Red Sox designated for assigment Mike Bowden and Luis Exposito. Don't understand this move at all, Mike Bowden is a lot better pitcher than Mortenson.
    Ciriaco has an issue with his oblique/ribs. That's why he has not been called up.
    Watching Derek Jeter make 40 defensive plays and then watching Adam Everett make 40 defensive plays at the same position is sort of like watching video of Barbara Bush dancing at the White House, and then watching Demi Moore dancing in Striptease. (Bill James)

Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power. If he can continue to hit .260 or so, he'll be useful, and he probably has a future as a backup infielder. (Keith Law)

Bowden goes from a guy we deemed untouchable in a trade to being designated for assignment. I thought he was throwing the ball well this year so far, but maybe a change of teams will do him good and unlock his potential. I would hate to see him go, but you have to think he is getting claimed by someone.

Yeah, that move doesn't make a lot of sense to me, either. I figured they'd eventually drop a pitcher and bring up one more position player, but I figured it might be Thomas who got DFA'ed, not Bowden.

Expo is solid, too...probably wasn't ever going to be a big league starter, but I could see him being a backup somewhere. Not sure it's worth losing these guys to get Repko and Spears on the roster.

I agree with you guys. There is a good chance that Bowden will be claimed. So I have to assume that the team has all but given up on him. I wonder if the Cubs will claim him. For Bowden though it might be a good thing, especially if he gets claimed by someone like the Padres whose ballpark should only help him out.

As for the current Red Sox outfield of Ross, MacDonald, Sweeney and Repko, I guess that's what happens when your entire starting OF (Crawford, Ellsbury, Kalish) is on the DL. That being said, the Sox are currently 2nd in BA and OBP (behind only the Crads) and 3rd in SLG (behind Cards and Rangers. And that after being in the botton 5 of all three categories just a couple of days ago. Tells you a whole lot about judging an offense based on a sample of just a handful of games.
    Watching Derek Jeter make 40 defensive plays and then watching Adam Everett make 40 defensive plays at the same position is sort of like watching video of Barbara Bush dancing at the White House, and then watching Demi Moore dancing in Striptease. (Bill James)

Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power. If he can continue to hit .260 or so, he'll be useful, and he probably has a future as a backup infielder. (Keith Law)

Looks like the Sox worked out Mark Prior today in Fort Myers.

Hey, on a minor league deal, why not.
    Mark Prior--one of baseball's biggest busts. As long the Red Sox don't have to pay him, I'm fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by 9&10 View Post
    Mark Prior--one of baseball's biggest busts. As long the Red Sox don't have to pay him, I'm fine with it.
    Exactly...he's a big enough name that it might put a few fannies in the seats at McCoy, and as long as you're not counting on him or taking a spot away from a prospect, it's worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Therwil Flyer View Post
    I agree with you guys. There is a good chance that Bowden will be claimed. So I have to assume that the team has all but given up on him. I wonder if the Cubs will claim him. For Bowden though it might be a good thing, especially if he gets claimed by someone like the Padres whose ballpark should only help him out.
    The Mets could use an arm like Bowden.
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Please delete this message.
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Blog Entries
    What is this Valentine? It was soo obvious, that Bard was tired two batters ago. But Valentine needs 8 balls in a row to be sure and three walks in the inning. If we lose that, it's completely on Valentine. I hate this idiot. On one side I hope the Red Sox do good, but that would also mean Valentine could stay...
    Last edited by SwissRedSoxFan; 04-16-2012 at 11:29 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thank you, Bobby. Thank you very much. Great example of bad managing.

Sucks to lose a game 1-0, but Bard looked good...throwing over 100 pitches and striking out 7. He also walked 7, which isn't real good, but overall, a very positive performance for him. If only he'd gotten pulled just a bit earlier and/or the Sox had managed to score any runs off Shields, it could have been a GREAT day.

Blog Entries
    The Red Sox hit better over the weekend than i had expected, but todays showing is going to be more the norm than the weekend games, those 4 last hitters are hard to see (they are horrible) its a line up that its base on balls depended.
    Last edited by scaffolds; 04-16-2012 at 01:50 PM.

Blog Entries
    The Red Sox hit better over the weekend than i had expected, but todays showing is going to be more the norm than the weekend games, those 4 last hitters are hard to see, its a line up that its base on balls depended.
    Well, when one is so negative and overly pessimistic like you, every sign of positivness should come as a huge surprise.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissRedSoxFan View Post
    Well, when one is so negative and overly pessimistic like you, every sign of positivness should come as a huge surprise.
    Well someone who is such a homer like you and get blinded by it can't see what i am talking about.

Larry Vanover is a f***ing retard! Are you kidding me?! Not a single one of the four strikes called on Ross in the final at bat was a strike, NOT A SINGLE ONE! Get a new job, Larry!

Quote Originally Posted by SwissRedSoxFan View Post
    Well someone who is such a homer like you and get blinded by it can't see what i am talking about.
    Calm down, guys. Everybody is entitled to his/her own opinion. No need to get personal here. Why don't we settle this at mid season or at the end of the season, shall we?

Obviously the guys at the bottom of the lineup aren't fantastic hitters and having Crawford, Ellsbury and Kalish on the DL doesn't help, but the Sox still have one of the better offenses in mlb. Maybe it's not the 1927 Yankees, but it's not like we're suddenly the Pardes or Astros...

Larry Vanover is a f***ing retard! Are you kidding me?! Not a single one of the four strikes called on Ross in the final at bat was a strike, NOT A SINGLE ONE! Get a new job, Larry!
    Over at Baseball Nation, they have the visuals.

Pretty ugly. He must have had reservations somewhere on the north end for a nice late lunch or something.

Calm down, guys. Everybody is entitled to his/her own opinion.
    Agreed. Without our "Negative Nelly's" and "Positve Polly's" around here, things would be awfully boring.

Differences of opinion keep things interesting...but keep in mind...stuff like this is your opinion, not facts.

Agreed. Without our "Negative Nelly's" and "Positve Polly's" around here, things would be awfully boring.

Differences of opinion keep things interesting...but keep in mind...stuff like this is your opinion, not facts.
    dont look at me

Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast