Page 17 of 71 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Red Sox Season Thread

Blog Entries
    what the hell is wrong with AGone? Middlebrooks had a nice night!

These are games we are supposed to be winning. The offense has decided to go to sleep again.

Blog Entries
    Red Sox signed Mark Prior to a minor league contract. Don't expect anything, but we'll see.

As for Sox vs. Oak, too bad, missed opportunity. But Red Sox will be fine.

Atleast Middlebrooks looked good in his debut.

Man, glad to see that killer A's team leave town. Maybe now we can win a few games!

Also, I fell asleep in 1971 and just woke up...assume nothing has changed.
    Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Boxer View Post
    what the hell is wrong with AGone?
    Don't blame Adrian, blame God.
    "I believe in the Church of Baseball. I tried all the major religions and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance." ~Ron Shelton, from Bull Durham

Quote Originally Posted by DaaBoTownSox View Post
    Maybe, but Aviles has done an outstanding job manning SS to this point.
    I agree completely. As you know I am not a fan of keeping players down too long (to me there is no reason to keep a .900 ops for more than a year in the minors) but Iglesias is young and has not mastered aaa yet. Let him master that level first. I think aviles is a good solution for this season and also 2013. Then Iglesias should be ready. If not he probably never will be.
    I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    I agree completely. As you know I am not a fan of keeping players down too long (to me there is no reason to keep a .900 ops for more than a year in the minors) but Iglesias is young and has not mastered aaa yet. Let him master that level first. I think aviles is a good solution for this season and also 2013. Then Iglesias should be ready. If not he probably never will be.
    If he doesn't start hitting, it's hard for me to see him at the MLB level.

If he doesn't start hitting, it's hard for me to see him at the MLB level.
    Yeah, that's the big fear with him. He's young, and doesn't have that much pro experience, but if he can't hit, say, .250, he's not going to start.

On the bright side, as a "low-side" for him, even if he never hits, his D is good enough to make him a utility infielder and late-game defensive replacement. There's a little value in that, and he could be that already.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike D. View Post
    Yeah, that's the big fear with him. He's young, and doesn't have that much pro experience, but if he can't hit, say, .250, he's not going to start.

On the bright side, as a "low-side" for him, even if he never hits, his D is good enough to make him a utility infielder and late-game defensive replacement. There's a little value in that, and he could be that already.
    Even though he has excellent D, i've heard that wouldn't be enough for him to be a utility man. He has to be able to hit a little.

Even though he has excellent D, i've heard that wouldn't be enough for him to be a utility man. He has to be able to hit a little.
    The jury is still out on his hitting ability, but I wouldn't give up so quickly. Iglesias has tons of talents, the ability to make adjustments and is still very young. He could still turn into a decent hitter. Just because he is so overhyped doesn't mean we can't be patient with him.
    Watching Derek Jeter make 40 defensive plays and then watching Adam Everett make 40 defensive plays at the same position is sort of like watching video of Barbara Bush dancing at the White House, and then watching Demi Moore dancing in Striptease. (Bill James)

Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power. If he can continue to hit .260 or so, he'll be useful, and he probably has a future as a backup infielder. (Keith Law)

Blog Entries
    Will Middlebrooks looks very good since being called up. If he keeps this going there is no way Youk sees the field and if he does, its a travesty

Blog Entries
    Aaron Cook is one tough SOB. Did anyone else see the gash in his knee? OMG, then he gets back out on the mound. THAT is the toughness this team and pitching staff needs.

Blog Entries
    this one is getting out of hand in the 4th. ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Boxer View Post
    this one is getting out of hand in the 4th. ugh!
    O's are a tough team i think your front office needs to start to make some moves or you could be out of this at the All star break.

Quote Originally Posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
    O's are a tough team i think your front office needs to start to make some moves or you could be out of this at the All star break.
    I can think of one move they could make. It doesn't even need any roster adjustments...
    Last edited by Therwil Flyer; 05-05-2012 at 01:51 PM.
    Watching Derek Jeter make 40 defensive plays and then watching Adam Everett make 40 defensive plays at the same position is sort of like watching video of Barbara Bush dancing at the White House, and then watching Demi Moore dancing in Striptease. (Bill James)

Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power. If he can continue to hit .260 or so, he'll be useful, and he probably has a future as a backup infielder. (Keith Law)

Quote Originally Posted by Therwil Flyer View Post
    I can think of one move they could make. It doesn't even need any roster adjustments...
    Fire Bobby V?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Therwil Flyer View Post
    that makes no sense. Go ahead and defend your statement.

I blame Theo and the front office...and the front office puppet Ben Cherrington. They have assembled a terrible team that are over paid and have a sense of entitlement. Enlighten us on how this is Bobby - Vs fault.

You know, the Sox should probably move Bard to the bullpen. After all, they have this GREAT pitcher named Aaron Cook just ready to step in and dominate!

GD, I wish this team would make up its mind whether or not it wants to be good. . . wins 6 in a row and loses the next 4?!?!?!? WTH?!?!?!?!?

Baltimore just might be #1 on my most hated list right now. . . but only slightly.

Page 17 of 71 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast