Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mathies_dane
    • Apr 2010

Happy Birthday to the best ballpark in the Majors: Fenway Park! Eat S**T Luke Scott!

Comment

• 9&10
      • Dec 2008

Dang, this team has showed little to nothing to inspire me.

Comment

• RaysFan_98
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Mathies_dane View Post
        Happy Birthday to the best ballpark in the Majors: Fenway Park! Eat S**T Luke Scott!
        Lol As long as the tool keeps hitting HR's he can say whatever he wants. But at the same time the Rays need to keep him on a short leash because he is bringing a bad light onto us when it isn't deserving. But Happy Birthday Fenway! And How was tito's Reception?
        All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

Comment

• Boston Boxer
          US Air Force Retired
          • Jun 2003

You would think on a day like today with the ceremony and all, this team would come out with some spark...but no. Another ho hum, lack luster, non inspired effort from the home town team. Pretty dismal and kind of embarrassing if you ask me.

Comment

• Blackout
            Circle of Bosses
            • Apr 2005

ortiz came to play

Comment

• dominik
              • Oct 2008

way not play lavarnway in LF as long as crawford and ells are injured?

I know he is no outfielder but adam dunn and manny ramirez have played LF. LF is no defensive position and he could bring some offense there. what do you think?
              I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

• Mike D.
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by dominik View Post
                way not play lavarnway in LF as long as crawford and ells are injured?

I know he is no outfielder but adam dunn and manny ramirez have played LF. LF is no defensive position and he could bring some offense there. what do you think?
                Lavarnway is REALLY slow...so he might not be the best option in LF. The Pawsox have been playing Lars Anderson in LF to give him (and the team) more options.
                Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

Comment

• dominik
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Mike D. View Post
                  Lavarnway is REALLY slow...so he might not be the best option in LF. The Pawsox have been playing Lars Anderson in LF to give him (and the team) more options.
                  anderson might also be a good choice there. he hit well in spring.
                  I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

• Mike D.
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by dominik View Post
                    anderson might also be a good choice there. he hit well in spring.
                    Yeah, he's maddeningly inconsistant...but I'd love to see him get some time in the bigs to see what he can do. He's obviously blocked at 1B by Gonzo, so making LF an option for him is a great move all around.

Comment

• Boston Boxer
                      US Air Force Retired
                      • Jun 2003

I have no interest in dealing with the Cubs and I have no interest in Marlon Byrd. I am sure the Cubs will fleece us in the deal. It is hard to beleive that we dont have anyone in the minors to bring up and plug into the OF for a month until Crawford is ready. What about Alex Hassan or Nava?

Comment

• Blackout
                        Circle of Bosses
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Boston Boxer View Post
                        I have no interest in dealing with the Cubs and I have no interest in Marlon Byrd. I am sure the Cubs will fleece us in the deal. It is hard to beleive that we dont have anyone in the minors to bring up and plug into the OF for a month until Crawford is ready. What about Alex Hassan or Nava?
                        you think Theo would fleece the Sox? i don't think they'd allow him to

Comment

• Mike D.
                          • Feb 2006

Several sources are reporting that Marlon Byrd has been traded to the Red Sox along with cash (a pro-rated portion of what he'll make this year) for Michael Bowden and a PTBNL.

Since the Sox do need outfield help and they probably would have lost Bowden for nothing if they tried to pass him through waivers, this is probably a solid deal.

Link

Comment

• maximum jack
                            Weep to water the trees.
                            • Aug 2006

Our bullpen stinks.
                            "I believe in the Church of Baseball. I tried all the major religions and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance." ~Ron Shelton, from Bull Durham

Comment

• Boston Boxer
                              US Air Force Retired
                              • Jun 2003

I just threw up a little in my mouth. I cant believe what i am watching.

Comment

• TonyK
                                • Aug 2005

I'm thankful I didn't select this Yankee game to buy tickets for. I taped it so will probably only watch it until the score reaches 9-0 and then delete it.
                                "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
                                "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X