Thread: Johan Santana is back!!!

Johan Santana is back!!!

5 scoreless innings today!

Uh huh, against a Braves lineup that historically sucks against lefties can be maddingly inconsistent sometimes. Let's see how he does in his next start.

Says nothing against the braves, plus frediball gave the mets the 1-0 win.

This Yankee fan is happy for him. He seems like a classy guy, and was a top 5 pitcher when healthy.
    Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

since when did the Braves not feature a pro line up? still a great feat.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    since when did the Braves not feature a pro line up? still a great feat.
    Generally, the Braves hitters are terrible at hitting pitches other than fastballs, and Santana didn't throw anything above 90 mph.

Quote Originally Posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
    Generally, the Braves hitters are terrible at hitting pitches other than fastballs, and Santana didn't throw anything above 90 mph.
    why would he want to if that was the case about their hitting?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    why would he want to if that was the case about their hitting?
    Well, apparently Santana was told not to throw anything at max velocity, so he didn't.

another great outing from Johan

JOHANS BACK, JOHANS BACK

ALL MY %#$$@@@# SCREAMING OUT JOHANS BACK!

sorry i hate Rick Ross as much as the next man but i just thought that'd be funny.

That boxscore doesn't tell you the story of that game. Josh Johnson allowed no runs and three hits through 6 2/3 innings. Then, with two out in the seventh, he walked a batter, and Ozzie Guillen brought in a releiver who walked the next hitter. Ozzie took the reliever out, brought in another one. Same result, base on balls. Ozzie changed pitchers again. Same result. The Marlins gave up four consecutive walks from four different pitchers with two outs, allowing the tying run to score. It's probably happened before, but it's the first time I've seen it. It wasn't pretty.
    "Only twice in my life has the hair on the back of my neck stood up straight. The first time was when I saw Michaelangelo's Sistine Chapel. The second time was when I saw Sandy Koufax's fastball" - Al Campanis.

Blog Entries
    Ozzie's overmanagin cost them that game.

Quote Originally Posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
    That boxscore doesn't tell you the story of that game. Josh Johnson allowed no runs and three hits through 6 2/3 innings. Then, with two out in the seventh, he walked a batter, and Ozzie Guillen brought in a releiver who walked the next hitter. Ozzie took the reliever out, brought in another one. Same result, base on balls. Ozzie changed pitchers again. Same result. The Marlins gave up four consecutive walks from four different pitchers with two outs, allowing the tying run to score. It's probably happened before, but it's the first time I've seen it. It wasn't pretty.
    I was there. That was probably the most painful half inning I've ever sat through. The game was moving at a nice clip with Santana and Johnson pitching well. Then the bottom of the seventh.

No idea why he had Johnson on such a short leash. It was like Guillen was pre-determined to take him out afte 100 pitches

Back to Santana, the mets still haven't scored while he's been in the game. He could easily by 3-1.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn View Post
    I was there. That was probably the most painful half inning I've ever sat through. The game was moving at a nice clip with Santana and Johnson pitching well. Then the bottom of the seventh.

No idea why he had Johnson on such a short leash. It was like Guillen was pre-determined to take him out afte 100 pitches

Back to Santana, the mets still haven't scored while he's been in the game. He could easily by 3-1.
    Johnson does seem to have surgery every season or at least not play a full one. That doesn't explain the one batter one pitcher that is what makes baseball very very hard to watch at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn View Post
    Yeah, Wainwright has zero runs of support (while on the mound) in 4 starts too. Strange.
    1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
    The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

Santana's 11 strikeouts
    4/24/12: Johan Santana collects 11 strikeouts over 6 2/3 strong innings of one-run ball against the Marlins

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=20891831
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.