Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: The Season: 2012

Just write Ws into the dates the Yankees are scheduled to play the Orioles. The O's are famous for blowing leads against the Yanks. Even the law of averages states that a major league team like the Orioles ought to win 1/3 of their games against the Yankees only because they are major leaguers and not Class Low A players. The Yankees mastery over Baltimore over the last dozen seasons or so is a "given in MLB. I'm sorry for Orioles fans at the pathetic effort their team makes against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeRLA1968 View Post
    The bums are now 3 wins and 3 losses. The Sandman nails it down. 2 hits for Teixeira and 2 hits for Granderson including his first HR this year.

CC pitched 6 innings with 8 K's. The pen pitched 4 innings not allowing any runs.
    Yea I am definitely impressed by the BP.

CC is no way in shape or form pitching llike an ace though.

Swisher had his very rare moment of clutch hit.

Ugh, Angels up next. Pujols. Uggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggh. Wont be surprised if we lose that series.

Quote Originally Posted by philliesfiend55 View Post
    Just write Ws into the dates the Yankees are scheduled to play the Orioles. The O's are famous for blowing leads against the Yanks. Even the law of averages states that a major league team like the Orioles ought to win 1/3 of their games against the Yankees only because they are major leaguers and not Class Low A players. The Yankees mastery over Baltimore over the last dozen seasons or so is a "given in MLB. I'm sorry for Orioles fans at the pathetic effort their team makes against the Yankees.
    Well I recall not long aog that the Yankees used to dominate another team like you are stating they do to the Orioles. I think literally, the Yankees nearly would go undefeated or lose a game or two versus another division rival. That was the Rays....Now it is a dog fight for the Yankee lives. So, anyone can turn things around...eventually.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeRLA1968 View Post
    Fri, Apr 13 1:05 PM Kuroda (0-1) vs Santana (0-1)
    Sat, Apr 14 1:05 PM Hughes (0-1) vs Wilson (1-0)
    Sun, Apr 15 8:00 PM Nova (1-0) vs No Angel pitcher listed

I think you always have to look to try and 2 out 3 especially in your home stadium much less versus one of the favorites in the league.

My Keys to watch for will be Kuroda coming out strong and showing what he can do. I would like to see Hughes last a little longer like 6 innings and keep the runs down. Can Nova be as tough as he wa sin his first start? Will ARod, Teixeira and Granderson start mashing the ball?
    Please do not create separate threads for individual series. This is why we have a Season thread. I've merged the thread into this one and going forward please use this thread for posts such as this one.
    Last edited by TonyStarks; 04-12-2012 at 09:39 PM.
    "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Korean View Post
    Yea I am definitely impressed by the BP.

CC is no way in shape or form pitching llike an ace though.

Swisher had his very rare moment of clutch hit.

Ugh, Angels up next. Pujols. Uggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggh. Wont be surprised if we lose that series.
    Read the part of Swiher's clutch hit. It was Big. He was the hero of this game and I hope this HR turns it around. I don't know if it's me but I am concern and still think of last year's post season and the start of this year leaving runnings on base. The bats usually get better later.

I agree I won't be surprised but it is the home opener so I am optimistic.

Kuroda looks better. Thats all I am gonna say until the game ends.

Hughes sucked this game.....

Hughes has no hope. Release him already.

Why, why, why were the Yankees front office higher on Hughes than Ian Kennedy? I said years ago Ian would amount to a superstar. If only they offered Hughes in the trade instead of Ian...
    Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

Blog Entries
    It could have been worst. I think it's up to Hughes if he loses the spot. I will be very happy if we can take the bumper game (Nova) tonight. The Angles have a great line up. I read Andy is doing good any word on Pineda? Hughes did pitch decent his first outing. He may end up in the pen.

I would not write off hughes yet but I really think that the yanks should take a close look on their pitcher developement. they develope a lot of great hitters but it has now happened several times that a young and talented pitcher struggles after a good start.

I don't know if they are overworking the guys or if it is a lack of conditioning or proper coaching/mechanics. really a lot of injuries, pitchers losing velocity while still being young or not being really in good general shape.
    I think walks are overrated unless you can run. If you get a walk and put the pitcher in a stretch, that helps, but the guy who walks and cant run, most of the time hes clogging up the bases for somebody who can run. Dusty Baker.

Quote Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
    Why, why, why were the Yankees front office higher on Hughes than Ian Kennedy? I said years ago Ian would amount to a superstar. If only they offered Hughes in the trade instead of Ian...
    I don't think Kennedy threw hard enough is my guess. Looks like the East is wide open this year.

^We all knew that coming in. Only sure thing was that O's will finish last.

To me, the frustrating thing about Hughes is his inability to put hitters away after he gets 2 strikes on them. I've noticed this since Hughes started his slide (the second half of 2010). I guess it must be the lack of a put-away pitch -he just can't fool and/or overpower batters. What makes this worse is that the opponents are getting big two-strike hits. They're not cutting back their swing and just punching excuse-me hits into the outfield. They're teeing off on him like you would see on a 2-0 or 3-1 count. Despite the big swings, batters manage to stay alive. Next time he pitches, take a look at how long batters stay alive after getting 2 strikes.

This is so painful to watch.

Soriano was beyond awful.

Ibanez hit the second upper deck home run of NYS career and the first Yankee to do it.

Ibanez so far has been a terrific signing.

Jeter sure has shut up the naysayers, 2-5 tonight with a double and 3-run HR. While last year's haters still are silent on Jeter, what can I say? At least they're not complaining yet.
    Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

Yea Jeter looked great so far. Hes still old though, so Girardi should DH him more and more.

Blog Entries
    Ibanez so far has been a terrific signing.
    He's had some key hits so far.

Quote Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
    Jeter sure has shut up the naysayers, 2-5 tonight with a double and 3-run HR. While last year's haters still are silent on Jeter, what can I say? At least they're not complaining yet.
    LOL...dude it's been like a week of baseball.

Has Jeter been money out the gate!? Most definitely, but he can't keep this pace and I just hope he doesn't fall too far from his career numbers.
    "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Blog Entries
    Anyone notice:

On Saturday Jesus Montero hit his first homerun of the season, going 2 for 3 with 3RBI on the night upping his AVG to .323. Hector Noesi was on the mound, throwing 8 scoreless innings with 6Ks to get the Win.

Meanwhile back at the ranch:

Jose Campos' last outing: W - 5 innings - 0 H - 0 ER - 8K\2BB

Hooray! Jose!

Still think Noesi is gonna be a league average starter AT BEST. Noesi for Campos straight up I would still have done it if I was Cashman.

Hooray! Jose!

Still think Noesi is gonna be a league average starter AT BEST. Noesi for Campos straight up I would still have done it if I was Cashman.
    wow a positive post by you.
    I think walks are overrated unless you can run. If you get a walk and put the pitcher in a stretch, that helps, but the guy who walks and cant run, most of the time hes clogging up the bases for somebody who can run. Dusty Baker.

freddy Garcia looks bad, but thank god Carl Pavano looks worse.

Who is worse Hughes or Garcia?

I will say Garcia because at least Hughes had one good outing.

Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast