Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: The Season: 2012

Kuroda looks better. Thats all I am gonna say until the game ends.

Hughes sucked this game.....

Hughes has no hope. Release him already.

Why, why, why were the Yankees front office higher on Hughes than Ian Kennedy? I said years ago Ian would amount to a superstar. If only they offered Hughes in the trade instead of Ian...
    Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

Blog Entries
    It could have been worst. I think it's up to Hughes if he loses the spot. I will be very happy if we can take the bumper game (Nova) tonight. The Angles have a great line up. I read Andy is doing good any word on Pineda? Hughes did pitch decent his first outing. He may end up in the pen.

I would not write off hughes yet but I really think that the yanks should take a close look on their pitcher developement. they develope a lot of great hitters but it has now happened several times that a young and talented pitcher struggles after a good start.

I don't know if they are overworking the guys or if it is a lack of conditioning or proper coaching/mechanics. really a lot of injuries, pitchers losing velocity while still being young or not being really in good general shape.
    I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Quote Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
    Why, why, why were the Yankees front office higher on Hughes than Ian Kennedy? I said years ago Ian would amount to a superstar. If only they offered Hughes in the trade instead of Ian...
    I don't think Kennedy threw hard enough is my guess. Looks like the East is wide open this year.

^We all knew that coming in. Only sure thing was that O's will finish last.

To me, the frustrating thing about Hughes is his inability to put hitters away after he gets 2 strikes on them. I've noticed this since Hughes started his slide (the second half of 2010). I guess it must be the lack of a put-away pitch -he just can't fool and/or overpower batters. What makes this worse is that the opponents are getting big two-strike hits. They're not cutting back their swing and just punching excuse-me hits into the outfield. They're teeing off on him like you would see on a 2-0 or 3-1 count. Despite the big swings, batters manage to stay alive. Next time he pitches, take a look at how long batters stay alive after getting 2 strikes.

This is so painful to watch.

Soriano was beyond awful.

Ibanez hit the second upper deck home run of NYS career and the first Yankee to do it.

Ibanez so far has been a terrific signing.

Jeter sure has shut up the naysayers, 2-5 tonight with a double and 3-run HR. While last year's haters still are silent on Jeter, what can I say? At least they're not complaining yet.
    Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

Yea Jeter looked great so far. Hes still old though, so Girardi should DH him more and more.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Korean View Post
    Ibanez so far has been a terrific signing.
    He's had some key hits so far.

Quote Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
    Jeter sure has shut up the naysayers, 2-5 tonight with a double and 3-run HR. While last year's haters still are silent on Jeter, what can I say? At least they're not complaining yet.
    LOL...dude it's been like a week of baseball.

Has Jeter been money out the gate!? Most definitely, but he can't keep this pace and I just hope he doesn't fall too far from his career numbers.
    "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Blog Entries
    Anyone notice:

On Saturday Jesus Montero hit his first homerun of the season, going 2 for 3 with 3RBI on the night upping his AVG to .323. Hector Noesi was on the mound, throwing 8 scoreless innings with 6Ks to get the Win.

Meanwhile back at the ranch:

Jose Campos' last outing: W - 5 innings - 0 H - 0 ER - 8K\2BB
    "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Hooray! Jose!

Still think Noesi is gonna be a league average starter AT BEST. Noesi for Campos straight up I would still have done it if I was Cashman.

Quote Originally Posted by The Korean View Post
    Hooray! Jose!

Still think Noesi is gonna be a league average starter AT BEST. Noesi for Campos straight up I would still have done it if I was Cashman.
    wow a positive post by you.
    I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

freddy Garcia looks bad, but thank god Carl Pavano looks worse.

Who is worse Hughes or Garcia?

I will say Garcia because at least Hughes had one good outing.

Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast