Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The Season: 2012

Quote Originally Posted by The Korean View Post
    Boone Logan ruins it. Or Nunez depending on how you look at it.

Doesnt matter though. Cant win if you cant score. Horrible game.
    Or Girardi, take your pick.
    Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

Quote Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
    Four runs, thanks to Girardi.
    I don't hold that against Hughes.

Anyway.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Again no point being mad about the error when the team cant score.

Blog Entries
    Watching Nunez play the outfield is like watching ______________________?

Blog Entries
    That catch wasn't that great or special, it just happened at a far more important game. I see plenty of better catches made each year, and even made a better one myself when I was about 14 (no joke).
    LOL...you're insane. The entire play was amazing! The situation....the over the back, the turn and firing....the composure. Give the man credit. Mays' play was phenomenal, but I agree it's not the best ever.

I've seen Griff, Bo Jackson, and Jim Edmonds make some off the charts plays which probably top Willie's. Still gotta give him his props.

Quote Originally Posted by NJYankeeFan View Post
    Will you manage the team?!?

I agree ully. Joba ws never the same after his injury but he was at least average. Hughes really looks like a one pitch pitcher. That will not get it done in the rotation. Sad to say as I have been one of his biggest supporters but they really messed with his breaking ball too much. Never got the reps with any one pitch to have confidence in it. JMHO.
    I'd want Joba to get a shot at the rotation, because even if he shows he's got something left he can be of value in a trade. He's more valuable as a starter, than as a reliever. That's all I was saying. As for Hughes, he's shown that with two pitches he can be an excellent, if not effective, reliever.
    "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Blog Entries
    Cano and Tex look completely lost at the plate. We need these guys to start hitting.

6 innings of two run ball for Nova. Good outing, but his streak is likely to end since our offense is dead yet again.

NO ONE is hitting. Screw this team.

Against the O's too. This is just stupid and utterly pathetic.

What was Girardi thinking? He took a good outing by Nova, but was clearly done after 6 innings and ruined it by sending him back there for the 7th.....

Yea that too, should have hit the Bullpen after 6.

Doesnt matter though when the million dollar boys cant hit anything.

God I hate this team sometimes. Embarrassment.

Off-topic: A.J. Burnett is getting lit up by the Cardinals. He's given up nine runs in 2.2 innings pitched.
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

^Meh. Not relevant, not our problem. really have no ill will against any players who wasnt good enough for us. Its really not their fault, unless they slacked off and didnt care. Which I dont think AJ was. AJ wasnt mentally designed to play here, and I accept that since hes gone.

For all the doom and gloom over here you would think it was septemeber and you guys were outta the race already. Calm down guys its only may you guys are far too good not to get clicking. And on some positive well for you guys No Longo for you guys to deal with in this up coming series against us.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue387 View Post
    Off-topic: A.J. Burnett is getting lit up by the Cardinals. He's given up nine runs in 2.2 innings pitched.
    I think it went to 12 earned runs. I wonder what the record is.
    Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

Blog Entries
    I think it went to 12 earned runs. I wonder what the record is.
    I think Vin Mazzaro recently set the record. He allowed 14 earned runs in less than 3 innings in a game last year.

Going old school tonight. Tex is back in the 3 hole and Cano back to the 5th spot.

they are still not gonna score.

Well this sucks, we might have lost Mo for a bit. Apparently he was taken off the field in a cart after running after a fly ball during BP tweaking his knee......

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
    Well this sucks, we might have lost Mo for a bit. Apparently he was taken off the field in a cart after running after a fly ball during BP tweaking his knee......
    Yeah, I just heard about that. Apparently he hurt himself while shagging flies during bp.

EDIT - they just showed the incident on YES. Looks really bad :-(
    Last edited by GiambiJuice; 05-03-2012 at 04:38 PM.

Looks like he just landed wrong and twisted the leg/knee. I don't expect anything major maybe a stint on the 15 day DL, but then again at Mo's age who knows what could come out of this. I am not so much worried about who will take over for Mo during his absence thanks to Robertson being so dominant. It puts Soriano in for the 8th, but who else will create the bridge to D-Rob?

Hard to judge an injury just from looking at the injured person's reaction, but he looked to be in much pain and I would be surprised if he is out for only 15 days.

When is this gonna end? Just when.

This team is pathetic.

Blog Entries
    4 runs in the last 4 games. Pathetic is right. Amazing that we were able to win one of them.

I hate this team, I really hate this team.

No heart no clutch. No playoffs.

Screw the playoffs. Mo has a torn ACL. He's most likely out for the season and probably will announce his retirement soon( if he did intend to retire after this season).

Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast