Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Cubs Season Thread

Blog Entries

2012 Cubs Season Thread

'Tis the season. Feel free to discuss the 2012 Cubs season here.

Put it in the books.

Heart-breaker yesterday.

Blew a good performance by Dempster. You have to think that Wood gets his act together and this was a fluke.

Blog Entries
    Nothing about this season is gonna be a fluke.

So that means that based upon Samardzija's performance yesterday that he will always pitch that well? Yes, sometimes when a pitcher loses accuracy it is a "fluke" outing. It's either a fluke or someone a lot younger will be taking the set-up man role.

We started out the season great today beating the Cards 9-5, I actually moved from East Chicago to the Metro East of St Louis, and after the Cubs' victory today a Cardinals' fan is inviting me over to her place tonight for the whole weekend, talk about a grand slam!!!!
    ~~~~~The woods are full of wardens.~~~~~

I'm waiting for Soto's hitting to improve. His .143 batting average just isn't cutting it so far.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Commissioner View Post
    I'm waiting for Soto's hitting to improve. His .143 batting average just isn't cutting it so far.
    Soto has continued to decline since his rookie season. I think everyone is hoping he will go back to that season, but it may have just been a fluke

Quote Originally Posted by skinhead87 View Post
    We started out the season great today beating the Cards 9-5, I actually moved from East Chicago to the Metro East of St Louis, and after the Cubs' victory today a Cardinals' fan is inviting me over to her place tonight for the whole weekend, talk about a grand slam!!!!
    I'm a cards fan myself but is dating a cards fan allowed as a cubs fan?
    I think walks are overrated unless you can run. If you get a walk and put the pitcher in a stretch, that helps, but the guy who walks and cant run, most of the time hes clogging up the bases for somebody who can run. Dusty Baker.

Blog Entries
    to me it would depend on how loyal you truly were...would be like a democrat and republican getting together...may not work out in the end

Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    I'm a cards fan myself but is dating a cards fan allowed as a cubs fan?
    I live in between Chicago and St Louis and it's perfectly acceptable here, although I'm sure when the parents find out there is great wailing and gnashing of teeth!

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherMan View Post
    Soto has continued to decline since his rookie season. I think everyone is hoping he will go back to that season, but it may have just been a fluke
    The more time marches on, the more it seems that rookie Soto was more than likely a fluke.

Quote Originally Posted by The Uncoach View Post
    I live in between Chicago and St Louis and it's perfectly acceptable here, although I'm sure when the parents find out there is great wailing and gnashing of teeth!
    the question is what fans do the kids of the couple become: cards or cubs?
    I think walks are overrated unless you can run. If you get a walk and put the pitcher in a stretch, that helps, but the guy who walks and cant run, most of the time hes clogging up the bases for somebody who can run. Dusty Baker.

Blog Entries
    Sadly, as a Cubs fan it might be smart to become a Cards fan as there is nothing but disappointment as a Cubs fan...the waiting next year thing is insulting at this point

White Sox!

Sadly, as a Cubs fan it might be smart to become a Cards fan as there is nothing but disappointment as a Cubs fan...the waiting next year thing is insulting at this point
    yeah we will probably have 13 titles then. Cubs fans should probably change to maybe next century.
    No really I think it's going to be better with Theo but this will be a long term project since this team has to be build ground up from the farm system. They will probably need to go the same route as the rays. Suck for half a decade to really load that farm system with high draft picks.

That sucks bit this is the only way I see for them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Uncoach View Post
    White Sox!
    then they are given up for adoption.

funny you say that, that discussion came up and that's what we both agreed on.
    ~~~~~The woods are full of wardens.~~~~~

As a Red Sox fan, you just hosed us...We get a .070 hitting OFer and we give you a pitcher who still has a lot of potential plus we owe you a PTBNL. Theo and Hoyer greased us but good.

Take care of Bowden. Change of scenery will help this kid.

97462031_display_Bowden.jpg
    Man, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Well, at least they've won a series this year! And against the Cardinals no less.

Cubs optioned RHP Randy Wells to Triple-A Iowa.

Wells posted an ugly 6.23 ERA, 2.08 WHIP and 5/9 K/BB ratio in two starts (8 2/3 innings) with the Cubs. He'll continue to act as rotation depth for the Northsiders.

Cubs activated RHP Ryan Dempster from the 15-day disabled list.

Dempster missed a little more than two weeks because of a right quad strain and will return to action on Thursday with an outing against the Reds in Cincinnati. The 35-year-old had an impressive 1.33 ERA, 0.93 WHIP and 23/8 K/BB ratio through his first three starts (20 1/3 innings) of the 2012 regular season.

Cubs optioned LHP Scott Maine to Triple-A Iowa.

Maine surrendered just one hit in 5 2/3 innings of relief during his two-week stay in the big leagues. He should be back up on the Cubs' roster at some point this year.

Cubs activated RHP Kerry Wood from the 15-day disabled list.

Wood spent a little over two weeks recovering from right shoulder fatigue and will return to his setup role on Thursday against the Reds. The veteran right-hander is doubtful to hold much fantasy value this year.

Carlos Marmol is terrible.
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast