X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ubiquitous
    stats moderator
    • Aug 2005

Hitting hasn't come around. The Cubs hadn't a scored run in last night's game until DeJesus' pinch hit grand slam in the 7th. Milwaukee relievers are even worse than the Cubs' relievers. Over their last 15 games (including last night's game) the Cubs have scored 3.33 RPG. Over their last 10 games they have averaged 3.4 RPG. Over the 5 games leading up to last night the Cubs had averaged 2.4 RPG.

Comment

• The Uncoach
      Customizable
      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Ubiquitous View Post
      Hitting hasn't come around. The Cubs hadn't a scored run in last night's game until DeJesus' pinch hit grand slam in the 7th.
      well that might be why there are 9 innings in a ball game.

Comment

• Ubiquitous
        stats moderator
        • Aug 2005

Which still doesn't mean hitting has come around. How many runs did they score yesterday?

Comment

• The Uncoach
          Customizable
          • Mar 2010

So, IOW, you think their relief pitching is fantastic.

Comment

• Ubiquitous
            stats moderator
            • Aug 2005

No, I think your statement that "hitting is coming around" based on one game against one of the league's worst bullpens is a highly flawed and incorrect position to have.

Comment

• The Uncoach
              Customizable
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Ubiquitous View Post
              No, I think your statement that "hitting is coming around" based on one game against one of the league's worst bullpens is a highly flawed and incorrect position to have.
              Incorrect assumption that I based the "hitting coming around" on one game. We've also seen a few HRs at this point, including back to back from Lahair and Stewart.

Comment

• The Uncoach
                Customizable
                • Mar 2010

When this team decides to go on losing streaks, they don't mess around!

Comment

• tweedlebee
                  A Baseball Fan
                  • Oct 2011

Good News!! Cubs didn't lose today!!
                  :gt

Comment

• Iowanic
                    • Nov 2009

Ouch! Just Ouch!

Comment

• Cap78
                      Not a Loveable Loser
                      • Oct 2010

there is going to be no quick fix for this...however, what I dont want to happen is people going after Sveum...this certainly is not his fault...he was handed this mess and told to manage it...the Cubs are filled with guys who probably wont be around for another year (minus Soriano, he is like a cold you cant get rid of at this point)

Comment

• tweedlebee
                        A Baseball Fan
                        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Cap78 View Post
                        what I dont want to happen is people going after Sveum...
                        I agree. Theo, Jed, and Dale should all get a pass this year. When they came into power the Cubs weren't 1 or 2 players away from making the playoffs.

Comment

• Cap78
                          Not a Loveable Loser
                          • Oct 2010

at this point, it looks to be a 5 year fix at the very least...their pitching is absolutely horrible

Comment

• Windy City Fan
                            Bitter Optimist
                            • Aug 2003

I don't know about that. We got some young players with potential: Castro and Samardzija are doing well at the ML level. Jackson, Rizzo, and maybe Castillo and/or Cleavenger are nearly ML ready as well. Garza is still on the right side of 30. And the Cubs will have a lot of payroll flexibility next year, with Soriano and Marmol being the only big contracts left on the books.

Best case scenario I could see the Cubs returning to respectability by 2014. But this year and next year are looking like 100 loss seasons.
                            "I will calmly wait for my induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame."
                            - Sammy Sosa

"Get a comfy chair, Sammy, cause its gonna be a long wait."
                            - Craig Ashley (AKA Windy City Fan)

Comment

• The Uncoach
                              Customizable
                              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Cap78 View Post
                              at this point, it looks to be a 5 year fix at the very least...their pitching is absolutely horrible
                              A five year fix? Come back from the ledge, Cap. Next year they will begin to be more competitive. You will see very shortly more of the youth coming up from AAA. That experience this year will translate to the next. A few more draft picks....a few savvy trades......3 years and the picks from this year are up in the bigs, etc. Next year begins the year where the new mgmt team shouldn't get as much grace.

Comment

• Cap78
                                Not a Loveable Loser
                                • Oct 2010

You just made my point for me...3 years from now draft picks will be coming up...at least a couple years before they produce in the bigs

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X