Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 1901 Season Thread

Ah, okay. I remember that discussion now.

That explains part of why I thought so many people wouldn't have enough PAs to cover their games
    The Dark Knight is the best movie I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Yeah, surprising how much that extra 10% will mean those first three years. The difference between being able to use a decent player every game, or have to use a slug for the last sim.
    You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

The rules say we are using a 25 man roster. Did we agree to keep all 30 active? If not, I need to revise my MP. Jack
    Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Quote Originally Posted by dust bunnies View Post
    The rules say we are using a 25 man roster. Did we agree to keep all 30 active? If not, I need to revise my MP. Jack
    Yes, it was agreed that the rosters would have all 30 players active for at least the first season.
    You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Can't get to web page to see rules. What are PT limits for players with minmial PA's/BF's ?
    There are 10 kinds of people. Those who get binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by buppers View Post
    Can't get to web page to see rules. What are PT limits for players with minmial PA's/BF's ?
    Ed - Playing time limits is 130% for all players from 1901 to 1903, then 120% beginning in 1904. If you meant minimum playing time limits, that's included below as well. Pretty much the same as the CKL.

D. PLAYING TIME LIMITS
    1. Maximum playing time limit: During the course of a simulated season, any batter exceeding 120% of their real life Plate Appearances or pitcher exceeding 120% of their real life Batters Faced will be ineligible for further play during that season, excluding the playoffs. NOTE: 130% for 1901 to 1903
    2. Minimum playing time limit: Players with less than 50 PA or BF in real life for the particlar season being played will be eligible only as replacements for a player at their position who goes on the DL. Players with less than 100 PA or BF will be eligible only as injury replacements and as September call ups. This will apply to each season going forward. Players with less than 100 PA/BF will not be eligible for the postseason under any circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by leecemark View Post
    --Yes, most of my starters - including Elberfeld at SS - will play every inning of every game unless injured. I'll be platooning at C and DH and McGraw will need to sit some even if he doesn't get hurt, but otherwise injury replacement is all I need from my bench.
    Mark, I think if you look at the rules that anyone with less than 50 PAs or BFs is only eligible to play if the starter goes on the DL; it appears they aren't eligible to be just an injury replacement. So I don't know if Bone is eligible as a regular injury replacement. Rich may have to clarify that. As I have suggested several times now, I would recommend dropping those limitations to less than 25, less than 75 for each respective category, at least for the first few seasons, but that hasn't been done yet.

Will the weekly or 10 game results be posted here? If so, what information will be provided? in the Diamond Legends leagues I was in for years, a complete breakdown of every game was provided, including box scores. Also, all league stats were provided. Will we see anything like that? Remember, some of us don't have the DMG.

all players will be eligible to be injury replacements. The rules thread reflects our rules from 1904 going forward. 1901-03 has changes which I have not posted on the rules thread since it has been somewhat a work in progress. I will try to work on posting a seperate rules addendum when i get back from my trip but in a nutshell the only differences in 1901-03 are:

Playing time will be 130% for all players

Rosters will be at 30 active players

All players will be eligible to be injury replacements but players who don't meet the 50 batters faced or Plate appearances threshold may never be placed in the starting lineup

hopefully I am not forgetting anything . . . I may be online during parts of the trip so I will check in whenever I can until the good wife cuts me off lol
    Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything. ~Toby Harrah

Quote Originally Posted by BigRon View Post
    Will the weekly or 10 game results be posted here? If so, what information will be provided? in the Diamond Legends leagues I was in for years, a complete breakdown of every game was provided, including box scores. Also, all league stats were provided. Will we see anything like that? Remember, some of us don't have the DMG.
    I will include team and player stats, standings, leaders, and injuries. If I can email boxscores to anyone who wishes.
    Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything. ~Toby Harrah

In the MP that I sent, I have farmed some players. Please promote them but don't assign them anywhere. Most of the players I farmed have very limited PA/IP. I assume once a player has used up his 130% he will be farmed.
    Dan
    CKL - Maloy Boys
    P2PKL - Detroit Tigers

Last chance for owners to get me their lineups and/or profiles. I need either a DMB file or the lineup spreadsheet emailed to me. please have it in to me by tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by rmadachik View Post
    Last chance for owners to get me their lineups and/or profiles. I need either a DMB file or the lineup spreadsheet emailed to me. please have it in to me by tomorrow night.
    I believe I sent you mine - twice ! (Well The Angels once and Mine once)

Ed
    There are 10 kinds of people. Those who get binary and those who don't.

I only hMP's from the following

Spiders
    Dragons
    Express
    Inmates
    Kumquats
    Pioneers
    Tigers
    Bums
    Sharks
    Angels
    Rams

Still waiting for a profile from the Barons

I am working til 11pm PST tonight. I will run our first sim when I get home.

I don't even know what teams are in which league. Anybody have the breakdown?

Blog Entries
    AL

Rams
    Pioneers
    Tigers
    Express
    Inmates
    Bums

NL

Angels
    Spiders
    Dragons
    Sharks
    Barons
    Kumquats

I think.

Chicago - The town that the World Series forgot
    Rotation
    Hahn
    Kitson
    Taylor
    Lee

CL Hawley
    SU Hawley
    Mid Hawley
    Long Hawley
    Spot Hawley

Lineup (both)
    CF Hamilton (Dobbs)
    RF Walden (McIntyre)
    C Peitz (Kling)
    SS Davis (Gatins)
    3B Leach (Dobbs)
    DH Dobbs (McIntyre)
    2B Childs (Gatins)
    LF Nance (McIntyre)
    1B Tenney (Jordan)

Set everything at Standard for right now. Can someone post a link to the league website?
    Last edited by Windy City Fan; 05-01-2012 at 05:02 PM.
    "I will calmly wait for my induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame."
    - Sammy Sosa

"Get a comfy chair, Sammy, cause its gonna be a long wait."
    - Craig Ashley (AKA Windy City Fan)

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Bedard View Post
    AL

Rams
    Pioneers
    Tigers
    Express
    Inmates
    Bums

NL

Angels
    Spiders
    Dragons
    Sharks
    Barons
    Kumquats

I think.
    That is correct.

It's in the books ... our first sim is done and the Sharks post a league best 8-2 mark to take an early 3 game lead in the American League - While the Bums 7-3 mark paced the American League and gives them a 1 game lead.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rmadachik; 05-02-2012 at 12:50 AM.

here are our league leaders
    Attached Files Attached Files

some bad luck with injuries out the gate for the Dragons. Please e-mail a league file. thanks

Blog Entries
    That is some ugly pitching. Wow.

Yeah, you both had a rough go of it.

IIRC, the Dragons don't have enough play-time at SS to cover that many games. What happens there?
    The Dark Knight is the best movie I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

League site has been updated . . . . i will be running another sim on friday night.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast