Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Justin Verlander 2012

Verlander pitched 22 more innings and gave up 21 less hits, I don't think its close. Especially when you consider the terrible fielding of the Tigers and that Verlander was doing it with a competitive team that was playing for something(which while terrible overrated by the media and Yankee fans is actually worth something)
    Last edited by BondsOverBabe; 04-17-2012 at 02:30 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BondsOverBabe View Post
    Verlander pitched 22 more innings and gave up 21 less hits, I don't think its close. Especially when you consider the terrible fielding of the Tigers and that Verlander was doing it with a competitive team that was playing for something(which while terrible overrated by the media and Yankee fans is actually worth something)
    21 less hits....and more than twice as many home runs (24 for Verlander vs. 11 for Greinke).

Quote Originally Posted by GiambiJuice View Post
    21 less hits....and more than twice as many home runs (24 for Verlander vs. 11 for Greinke).
    I think verlander is a pitcher that is not very good in preventing HRs. His fastball is very fast but it is also extremely straight without a lot of movement. it really lives on his velocity. It is hard to hit of course but if you are quick enough or cheat a little you can make clean contact and send it a long way.
    I think walks are overrated unless you can run. If you get a walk and put the pitcher in a stretch, that helps, but the guy who walks and cant run, most of the time hes clogging up the bases for somebody who can run. Dusty Baker.

Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    I think verlander is a pitcher that is not very good in preventing HRs. His fastball is very fast but it is also extremely straight without a lot of movement. it really lives on his velocity. It is hard to hit of course but if you are quick enough or cheat a little you can make clean contact and send it a long way.
    A good observation dominik. Verlander is kind of like Robin Roberts in this regard. Roberts threw extremely hard but gave up tons of HRs, 505 home runs in his career.
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
    A good observation dominik. Verlander is kind of like Robin Roberts in this regard. Roberts threw extremely hard but gave up tons of HRs, 505 home runs in his career.
    randy johnson also I think. doesn't mean you aren't a great pitcher, just not good at one skill.
    I think walks are overrated unless you can run. If you get a walk and put the pitcher in a stretch, that helps, but the guy who walks and cant run, most of the time hes clogging up the bases for somebody who can run. Dusty Baker.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12