Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reggie Bars

The one on the eBay listing that Zito75 had mentioned was what I remember having. Got 'em from the dollar store for 3 for a buck around '94 or '95. They were almost like the chocolate pecan caramels that Turtles currently makes, except of a lesser quality.
    "Age is a question of mind over matter--if you don't mind, it doesn't matter."
    -Satchel Paige

Quote Originally Posted by VIBaseball View Post
    If I recall, that was a Graig Nettles line.
    I believe it was Catfish Hunter.
    "Tactics were resorted to, unworthy of fair, manly players" - Brooklyn Eagle, June 12,1890

Quote Originally Posted by Nimrod View Post
    The Curtiss Company that introduced the Baby Ruth candy bar also introduced the Oh Henry! bar in the same year(1920).During Aaron`s pursuit of Ruth`s record (beginning circa 1973),the Curtiss Company started to advertise this bar as if it were named after Aaron!!I would think Henry got some money out of it.They claimed the Baby Ruth was not named after the Bambino when it WAS(in essence)and over half a century later implied that the Oh Henry! was named after Aaron when it WAS NOT!The Oh Henry! bar looks like it would be like the Snicker bar.Very,very strange coincidence no matter how you look at it.
    Wow...I didn't know the Oh Henry had a history before Aaron, most interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Laser Beam View Post
    Whereas the Hawk Harrelson bar would tell you how crappy the other bars taste.
    I'd smash the Hawk Harrelson bar with a hammer before it could say anything...well, maybe it could call me "Wimpy" before the first blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Paskert View Post
    I'd smash the Hawk Harrelson bar with a hammer before it could say anything...well, maybe it could call me "Wimpy" before the first blow.
    Where as the Sammy Sosa bars come with a cork filling...

The Barry Bonds bars grow about 25% each year...

And the Rich Harden bar comes wrapped in bandaids...
    We own the West!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Paskert View Post
    Wow...I didn't know the Oh Henry had a history before Aaron, most interesting.

All I can say too that is yep. He is so horrible.
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Prince Fielder bar says it's vegetarian friendly but still creamy fattening and delicious. Hmmmm

Was the Reggie bar the bar that stirred the drink?

Looking at Zito's link to the vintage Reggie bar, that would not be safe at all. I wouldn't eat that even on a dare.
    RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Quote Originally Posted by jnakamura View Post
    For some reason that reminded me of the Dave Chappelle Samuel Jackson beer commercial.
    RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

If that were a Jamie Moyer bar on eBay, it would still taste pretty good despite its age.
    The Mickey Mantle bar was 80 proof.
    The Cecil Fielder bar is 2500 calories.
    The Dave Hollins bar is sugar free.
    The Dick Allen bar wrapper is empty 20% of the time.
    The Don Mossi bar looks like a cow pie but doesn't taste too bad.
    The Lenny Dykstra bar has a $25,000 deposit that you'll never actually get back.

Quote Originally Posted by brewcrew82 View Post
    Was the Reggie bar the bar that stirred the drink?

Looking at Zito's link to the vintage Reggie bar, that would not be safe at all. I wouldn't eat that even on a dare.

Quote Originally Posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
    I believe it was Catfish Hunter.

That's right, it was Hunter. Somehow I got it in my head that it was Nettles, probably because of his rep as a needler.

@ Dude:
    And lets not forget the Barry Bonds bar...now 25% bigger.
    RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Quote Originally Posted by brewcrew82 View Post
    @ Dude:
    And lets not forget the Barry Bonds bar...now 25% bigger.
    New Look! Same Great Taste!
    "Tactics were resorted to, unworthy of fair, manly players" - Brooklyn Eagle, June 12,1890

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Laser Beam View Post
    Has anyone here ever eaten a Reggie Bar? What did they taste like?
    I loved them, even though I'm a Mets fan. My mom used to buy em, and stash em. When we'd doing something good we'd be rewarded with one of them. That was the early 80's. I think they stopped making them not soon after.
    unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
    unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
    unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12