Thread: Strasburg is a monster

Strasburg is a monster

can't wait til they let him pitch without inning limits

Considering that he already got hurt once when they took the halters off, that'll be awhile.

Strasburg v Kershaw on Friday - hope those bums at MLB don't black the game out!!
    "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Agreed, he is a monster, but it is time to let this monster off of his leash and let him see how much havoc he can create upon the majors. Lift the pitch limits this season, and let him go. Once healthy in midsummer, he shouldn't be treated like a 16th Century crystal glass collectible any longer.
    Catfish Hunter, RIP. Mark Fidrych, RIP. Skip Caray, RIP.

A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. -- Winston Churchill.

Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test first and the lesson later. -- Dan Quisenberry.

Quote Originally Posted by abolishthedh View Post
    Agreed, he is a monster, but it is time to let this monster off of his leash and let him see how much havoc he can create upon the majors. Lift the pitch limits this season, and let him go. Once healthy in midsummer, he shouldn't be treated like a 16th Century crystal glass collectible any longer.
    I agree, but doubt it.
    "I go all out, and I'm going to bring that to the table everyday. In good times and in bad times." - Eric Byrnes
    "As long as I have fun playing, the stats will take care of themselves." - Ken Griffey Jr.

Monsters lead such innnnteresting lives

Quote Originally Posted by doctor_gogol View Post
    Monsters lead such innnnteresting lives

That was one of my personal favorites as a youngster.
    "I go all out, and I'm going to bring that to the table everyday. In good times and in bad times." - Eric Byrnes
    "As long as I have fun playing, the stats will take care of themselves." - Ken Griffey Jr.

Wrong thread.

Quote Originally Posted by abolishthedh View Post
    I don't know how much 16th century glass collectables sell for, but you could probably buy a lot of them for the money the Nats have invested in Strasburg. They're going to err on the side of caution, and who could blame them?
    "Tactics were resorted to, unworthy of fair, manly players" - Brooklyn Eagle, June 12,1890

What happened to Matt Wieters? I remember everybody on this message board gushing over him in like 2008 and now I haven't heard his name in years.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinWI View Post
    What happened to Matt Wieters? I remember everybody on this message board gushing over him in like 2008 and now I haven't heard his name in years.
    Wieters is doing just fine. He was an all-star and won a gold glove last season. So far this year, he's been a monster too, hitting .290-ish with like 6 homers. This could be his big breakout year.
    Religion: Yankeeist

"Hanging out with him sucks because all the women flock to him. Let's see, he's been on the cover of GQ, is rich and famous, hits for average and power and is a helluva nice guy." - Tim Raines on Derek Jeter

If anyone would get to 300 strikeouts I would pick him. If he ever throws 250 innings.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinWI View Post

with all due respect you must not follow baseball really closely, because Wieters has become one of the best catchers in baseball.
    "all the mets road wins against the dodgers this year have occured at Dodger Stadium"---Ralph Kiner

"Blind people came to the park just to listen to him pitch"---Reggie Jackson, talking about Tom Seaver

Who has a better first 117 innings in their career than stephen s? Nobody!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    Who has a better first 117 innings in their career than stephen s? Nobody!
    Jonathan Papelbon and Andrew Bailey to name a couple.
    RIP Bill Burgess - a gentleman and a scholar - Baseball-Fever will never be the same without you.

Quote Originally Posted by m8644 View Post
    with all due respect you must not follow baseball really closely, because Wieters has become one of the best catchers in baseball.
    I don't follow the American League that closely, sorry. In fact, I don't really follow much outside of the NL Central. If Matt Wieters played for the Reds, I'm sure I'd know all about him.

The Nats washout game denied a Strasbug v Kershaw showdown but it was quite a dual with Billingsley. The result was probably a tie in a crazy game.
    "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Strasburg has definitely been living up to his potential. He was a beast 2 years ago when they brough him up, he showed he was still effective last year and he is still mowing folks down this year. He is 2-0 so far and is leading the league in SO!

I think that if he can pitch a full healthy season this year, he should be taken off an innings leash next year. Still watch him this year but give him some rope because this guy is good, don't tie him down too much.

Personally speaking, if I had to choose, I would rather have Ackley on my team than Strasenburger.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle1 View Post
    Personally speaking, if I had to choose, I would rather have Ackley on my team than Strasenburger.

Ackley is probably going to be a fine 2nd baseman, I like him....but with all due respect, you're insane.
    "all the mets road wins against the dodgers this year have occured at Dodger Stadium"---Ralph Kiner

"Blind people came to the park just to listen to him pitch"---Reggie Jackson, talking about Tom Seaver