Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Girl in our area does the (near) impossible

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mudvnine View Post
    Ok, so now how impressed are you with that "feat"? Personally, I'm thinking , "So what, it's LL", but then again, you and others may be awe-struck by it.
    It's a shame you feel this way... The very few who achieve it will never forget. Like the softball pitcher I say good for the little guy! He's a kid who achieved what few in the game do.... I agree with you however, perspective.
    "He who dares to teach, must never cease to learn."
    - John Cotton Dana (1856–1929) - Offered to many by L. Olson - Iowa (Teacher)
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mudvnine View Post
    I guess it all has to do with perspective Jake.

OK, at least here's one that's baseball related........ "West Seattle Little League: Jacob Terao’s 18-strikeout perfect game"......

Ok, so now how impressed are you with that "feat"? Personally, I'm thinking , "So what, it's LL", but then again, you and others may be awe-struck by it.

Same as my impression of the girls' softball thing......"Eh, it's girls' softball".

Perspective Jake, simply perspective.
    A kid from San Diego pitched an 18K perfect game at the LLWS a few years ago.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Uncoach View Post
    I appreciated the article being posted. I thought one of the essential lessons of the story was a girl waiting her turn. She played CF the year before. I couldn't care less how fast or slow she throws. Tim Wakefield had a long MLB career. She made the news. Most high school athletes don't get that lucky. Buncha grumpy suckers in this forum!
    It may be there was a better pitcher in front of her the previous year. A very good softball pitcher sat behind the pitcher I referenced until her senior year. She didn't worry about it. She knew she couldn't hit. She was already recruited for college softball from travel before she got in the varsity circle senior year.

Blog Entries
    I shut the thread down... too bad it turned into what it did... I really did not see that coming.
    Last edited by Jake Patterson; 04-24-2012 at 03:27 PM.
    "He who dares to teach, must never cease to learn."
    - John Cotton Dana (1856–1929) - Offered to many by L. Olson - Iowa (Teacher)
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12