Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Willie Harris

2 40.00%
  • Willie Bloomquist

3 60.00%

Thread: Give you the Willies

Give you the Willies

OK, it's not exactly Mays and McCovey, but which of the current Willies do you prefer? Their stats are very similar, Harris has played for 12 years, Bloomquist for 11. Both are quintessential utility players, who can fill in adequately at multiple positions on the field.
    Last edited by ol' aches and pains; 04-25-2012 at 04:42 AM.
    "Tactics were resorted to, unworthy of fair, manly players" - Brooklyn Eagle, June 12,1890

"The Silent Assassin" Willie Bloomquist!

In Cincinnati, Willie Harris is the new Corey Patterson. Meaning a lot of people are scratching their heads as to why he has a roster spot.
    Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Alex Sparky
    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
    Robin JEDI

Bloomquist has played SS, CF and 3B as his "primary" positions while Harris played LF, CF and 2B. Defense - Bloomquist.

Surprisingly Harris beats him in most offensive categories.

Harris. By two hairs.

*Think I picked the wrong Willie in the poll*

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cold Nose View Post
    In Cincinnati, Willie Harris is the new Corey Patterson. Meaning a lot of people are scratching their heads as to why he has a roster spot.
    The Mets signed him last season, primarily because ownership didn't have money for an actual major league player.
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

I voted for Harris, because somebody had to. Before I created this poll, I assumed Bloomquist was the superior Wille, but in researching on BBR, I was struck by how similar their careers and statistics are.

When Harris was with the White Sox, Hawk Harellson nicknamed him "Peapod", which seemed incredibly racist to me for some reason.
    "Tactics were resorted to, unworthy of fair, manly players" - Brooklyn Eagle, June 12,1890

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky5 View Post
    *Think I picked the wrong Willie in the poll*
    As per your request, I've corrected your vote, bluesky5.
    Put it in the books.

Willie Harris has made about 4 game winning/saving catches against the Mets over his career (I dont know the exact number, but it's definitely 2-3 atleast).
    "all the mets road wins against the dodgers this year have occured at Dodger Stadium"---Ralph Kiner

"Blind people came to the park just to listen to him pitch"---Reggie Jackson, talking about Tom Seaver