X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Laser Beam
    • Sep 2010

What is this song?

There is a song that I keep hearing at ballparks and I like it, but I don't know what it's called or where I can find it. All I do know is this:

- It's in 6/8 time

- In the key of E major

- Makes very heavy use of accordions

They usually play it when they're trying to rally the crowd in some fashion. It's a hard-driving rock song type thing. With accordions.

Anyone know what song I'm talking about? I don't know what it's called so I can't search YT for a sample or anything like that.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
  • Captain Cold Nose
    OSHA-certified Moderator
    • Jan 2000

Originally posted by Mr. Laser Beam View Post
    There is a song that I keep hearing at ballparks and I like it, but I don't know what it's called or where I can find it. All I do know is this:

- It's in 6/8 time

- In the key of E major

- Makes very heavy use of accordions

They usually play it when they're trying to rally the crowd in some fashion. It's a hard-driving rock song type thing. With accordions.

Anyone know what song I'm talking about? I don't know what it's called so I can't search YT for a sample or anything like that.
    "Chelsea Dagger" by the Fratelli's, maybe?
    Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
    Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

• SavoyBG
      • Jan 2000

Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose View Post
      "Chelsea Dagger" by the Fratelli's, maybe?
      Good record, but I don't hear any accordian.

Comment

• Seattle1
        Mariners
        • Jun 2006

This?

Comment

• Mr. Laser Beam
          • Sep 2010

No.

The one I mean, is a more hard rock song.

And is in 6/8 time, in E major.
          It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Comment

• StanTheMan
            Back after a decade or so
            • Jan 2006

Lyrics???

Chelsea Dagger is a good song.
            "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

• Mr. Laser Beam
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by StanTheMan View Post
              Lyrics???
              The song I'm thinking of, is apparently an instrumental (I've never heard lyrics to it - then again, they don't play the complete song during games anyway).

Comment

• Seattle1
                Mariners
                • Jun 2006

Comment

• Captain Cold Nose
                  OSHA-certified Moderator
                  • Jan 2000

No accordions on Popcorn.
                  Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

• Dude Paskert
                    The Grand Poobah of Sweat
                    • Mar 2012

I don't know anything about music so have no clue about the time and key, but is there a chance it's the opening to "Shipping Up To Boston" by the Dropkick Murphys?
                    It's the only rock tune I can think of with accordions, and we hear it at Fenway all the time (of course).

EDIT - just remembered that the Pogues had an accordion player, but can't imagine what song of theirs you might hear now.
                    "If I drink whiskey, I'll never get worms!" - Hack Wilson

Comment

• chicagowhitesox1173
                      2005 World Series Champs
                      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Dude Paskert View Post
                      I don't know anything about music so have no clue about the time and key, but is there a chance it's the opening to "Shipping Up To Boston" by the Dropkick Murphys?
                      It's the only rock tune I can think of with accordions, and we hear it at Fenway all the time (of course).

EDIT - just remembered that the Pogues had an accordion player, but can't imagine what song of theirs you might hear now.

What about that song "Tessie" but I cant see any other stadium playing that except for Boston.
                      "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

• Captain Cold Nose
                        OSHA-certified Moderator
                        • Jan 2000

Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
                        What about that song "Tessie" but I cant see any other stadium playing that except for Boston.
                        They all play "Sweet Caroline", don't they?

Bear in mind, we don't know the point of orgin for the song.
                        Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

• vansmack
                          • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose View Post
                          They all play "Sweet Caroline", don't they?

Bear in mind, we don't know the point of orgin for the song.
                          Never heard sweet Caroline at an Indians game, was one of the things I was looking forward to 1st time I went to Fenway. Can't remember hearing it at any other ballpark either

Comment

• Mr. Laser Beam
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Dude Paskert View Post
                            Yes, that's the one.

Comment

• chicagowhitesox1173
                              2005 World Series Champs
                              • Jun 2010

Thats the song from the movie "The Departed" I'm surprised they play that any place except Boston.
                              "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X