Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: "The Chicago WHAT Sox?"

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,445
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
    I'll admit the Whitesox have put out some pretty ugly uniforms but a Mariners fan is one of the last guys who should be making fun of the any teams uniforms.

    The Sox probably sell more retro uniforms than most teams too.
    I didn't make fun of the White Sox uniforms. You either confused me with someone else or didn't comprehend my posts. I didn't post the stupid picture of a clown. I just believe it's time for a change on the South Side. Introduce color. You may disagree, but I actually like that old White Sox starter jacket. The White need to bring back the blue and red motif. The current black and white is stale, conservative, stuffy and formal. Color is good. Color is right. Color is the answer.
    Last edited by Phantom Dreamer; 01-03-2013 at 07:23 PM.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    6,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    I didn't make fun of the White Sox uniforms. You either confused me with someone else or didn't comprehend my posts. I didn't post the stupid picture of a clown. I just believe it's time for a change on the South Side. Introduce color. You may disagree, but I actually like that old White Sox starter jacket. The White need to bring back the blue and red motif. The current black and white is stale, conservative, stuffy and formal. Color is good. Color is right. Color is the answer.
    I probably didn't comprehend your post, I suppose when you said the Whitesox are stealing from the Oakland Raiders and are a poor mans Yankees I looked at that as taking a shot at the Whitesox uniforms. Again some are pretty ugly but the only really bad years were from 1976-1989 and I liked the 1976-1981 uniforms minus the shorts.

    I didn't think you were serious when talking about the jacket since it came from one of the uglier type uniforms. The jacket does look pretty good though.
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

    "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,445
    Blog Entries
    2
    I didn't say they were "stealing" from the Raiders, I said being baseball's answer to the Raiders. Retire the conservative pinstripes and introduce blue and red as the new colors with uniforms with an underlined cursive script. It works for the Royals and Dodgers, but the addition of the blue and red colors would set the Sox apart, in a good way.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    Retire the conservative pinstripes and introduce blue and red as the new colors with uniforms with an underlined cursive script.
    Actually, those script uniforms are probably the White Sox most conservative (and dull) uniforms they've ever worn.

    What is "conservative" about pins anyway? There are only 6 of 30 teams that wear pins and the Sox wear them as well as any team ever has.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
    - Walt Whitman

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    6,069
    I think adding the red as a trim would look nice to the current uniforms.
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

    "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,445
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by jnakamura View Post
    Actually, those script uniforms are probably the White Sox most conservative (and dull) uniforms they've ever worn.

    What is "conservative" about pins anyway? There are only 6 of 30 teams that wear pins and the Sox wear them as well as any team ever has.
    Pinstripes in and of itself aren't conservative, the black and white motif is. I like color, I need color. If you want the White Sox to keep pinstripes, I suggest adding an underlined cursive script for the letters. Blue letters and red trim. Like the Brewers '93 home jerseys, only with blue and red as the color scheme. I prefer to retire the pinstripes however. As for the cap, I'd combine the look of these two.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,445
    Blog Entries
    2
    To coincide with the new blue and red scheme, one of the greatest logos in the history of humanity will need to return! You love it. I love it. Don't deny yourself and soak in the greatness.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #28
    http://www.suntimes.com/news/roeper/...-weigh-in.html

    I was reminded of this topic by the "18 teams considered for contraction in 2001-02" thread on the History of the Game board.

    (If the link doesn't work just google "Roeper" and "White Sox Attendance")

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •