Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adrian Gonzalez

Adrian Gonzalez

Is he done? He's god awful. His slugging is almost below .400. What happened? Has he just had it?

Blog Entries
    Something about Boston. Every veteran who goes there for big money becomes a fat lazy oaf.

See...

Beckett
    Crawford
    Lackey
    Adrian Gonzalez

Etc....

Quote Originally Posted by GiambiJuice View Post
    Something about Boston. Every veteran who goes there for big money becomes a fat lazy oaf.

See...

Beckett
    Crawford
    Lackey
    Adrian Gonzalez

Etc....
    Crawford isn't lazy he had a bad year and this year he is injured give him time he is too good of an athlete to go down like this.

See...

Beckett
    Crawford
    Lackey
    Adrian Gonzalez

Etc....
    What about Manny, David Ortiz, and Pedro Martinez?
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

http://sfgiants-forum.com/forum/index.php

Blog Entries
    The Padres used up all his prime.
    Using a stolen chant from Boston Celtics fans whenever an L.A. team is playing up there just reeks of inferiority complex.

If hitting a baseball is the toughest thing to do in sports, then pitching must be the easiest thing to do in sports.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
    What about Manny, David Ortiz, and Pedro Martinez?
    Well Manny was most certainly lazy. Ortiz was/is most certainly fat and not even athletic enough to field a position. They were both juice heads so I guess they couldn't be totally lazy though. You got me with Pedro.

Quote Originally Posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
    Crawford isn't lazy he had a bad year and this year he is injured give him time he is too good of an athlete to go down like this.
    He's an underachiever... He's regressed since peaking in 2007. Another product of fat contracts and no incentive to play hard...
    We own the West!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

He had a big loss of power since the 2011 ASG. till the break he showed good power hitting 17 HRs and slg .591. after the break he hit only 10 and slg under .500. something happened there and it seems like it got worse.
    I think walks are overrated unless you can run. If you get a walk and put the pitcher in a stretch, that helps, but the guy who walks and cant run, most of the time hes clogging up the bases for somebody who can run. Dusty Baker.

Blog Entries
    The fact that he may not know where he is playing from day to day may play some mental part...yes I realize there are numerous players playing numerous positions, but Gonzalez does not normally play outfield, and he is a very good defensive first baseman...plus, lots of turmoil with the team this year and some spilled from end of last year that is probably distracting as well...I will call it the Bobby Valentine Effect

Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    He had a big loss of power since the 2011 ASG. till the break he showed good power hitting 17 HRs and slg .591. after the break he hit only 10 and slg under .500. something happened there and it seems like it got worse.
    Wonder if the Home Run Derby had anything to do with that.

Quote Originally Posted by RDB_SoxFan View Post
    Wonder if the Home Run Derby had anything to do with that.
    Why not? It sure kicked the crap out of Joey Bats' second half stats.
    "I can see how he won twenty-five games. What I don't understand is how he lost five." - Yogi Berra on Sandy Koufax's 1963 season.

Blog Entries
    Correlation does not imply causation. Plenty of Derby participants have done just fine in the 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by Zito75 View Post
    He's an underachiever... He's regressed since peaking in 2007. Another product of fat contracts and no incentive to play hard...
    I don't know Maybe he just can't handle playing in the big market since he spent so much time with us.

Pedro wasn't a veteran when he went there

he was still rather young

Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    Adrian ran into John Henry at that ASG and didn't like it when he said, "You've been very well behaved lately, Manny."

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    Pedro wasn't a veteran when he went there

he was still rather young
    Yes, he was a veteran. Pedro was 65-36 W-L, 3.00 ERA, 140 ERA+, 912.1 IP when he arrived in Boston in 1998.
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

http://sfgiants-forum.com/forum/index.php

See...

Beckett
    Crawford
    Lackey
    Adrian Gonzalez

Etc....
    Couldn't you cherry-pick a similar list for NY?

Mark Teixeira

Kevin Brown

AJ Burnett

Or do those guys get a pass because they're not "roid heads"?

Oh...wait.
    Visit my new card scan site at Baseball Card Scans.

View my autograph collection at Mike D's TTM Page.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike D. View Post

Mark Teixeira

Kevin Brown

AJ Burnett

Or do those guys get a pass because they're not "roid heads"?

Oh...wait.
    Lol.... Thats great

Blog Entries
    Absolutely.

Absolutely.
    Then what's something that NY and Boston share that we can blame it on? Amtrak?
    Visit my new card scan site at Baseball Card Scans.

View my autograph collection at Mike D's TTM Page.

Blog Entries
    Then what's something that NY and Boston share that we can blame it on? Amtrak?
    Let's go with Mike Bloomberg.

See...

Beckett
    Crawford
    Lackey
    Adrian Gonzalez

Etc....
    John Lackey was a fat lazy oaf before he came to Boston.

Anyway...

Why Adrian Gonzalez's power has just disappear is a mystery to me. It's not even being heavily focus on in Boston either and even with the team doing fine, he's not even being booed at Fenway, at least from what I notice. Honestly, no clue what's going on with Gonzalez since he's not that old, he's not really suffering from the Boston pressure that Crawford was getting a load of last year. His power just disappeared all of a sudden. I would blame all the shifting in position, but this problem has been occurring since second half of 2011, so I won't even use that as a reasoning. I'm not ready to call him washed up, but I am concerned.

Blog Entries
    I want to know what Mayor Menino thinks of the struggles of Aaron Gonzalez since moving to Boston.
    Using a stolen chant from Boston Celtics fans whenever an L.A. team is playing up there just reeks of inferiority complex.

If hitting a baseball is the toughest thing to do in sports, then pitching must be the easiest thing to do in sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Zito75 View Post
    That's the thing that disgusts me about this team. They make their people comfortable, and then are surprised when they don't strive.

NEVER make a ballplayer comfortable. EVER. ALWAYS give them something to fight for.

Gonzalez not fat or lazy, just not good now

Quote Originally Posted by JR Hart View Post
    Is he done? He's god awful. His slugging is almost below .400. What happened? Has he just had it?
    Gonzalez is not fat or lazy, he just is struggling. Sometimes players do that. I know we expect 30-40 HR's and a .320 batting average, but don't be surprised if you end up with something more like 25 and bat .285. It happens, trust me, Adam Dunn knows it does, or how about Adrian Beltre, ask Cal Ripken, it happened to him about 5 times. Sometimes you just don't have it and it's a season long struggle. Kirby Puckett batted .339 in 1989. In 1990 he was in the low .280's until August when he went on a tear and ended up at .298, 20 points below what became is career average. It just happens and Gonzalez is having it just happen. In 1971, Hank Aaron batted .265 with 34 HR's and 77 RBI's, sounds good right, but not considering the year before batted .327 with 47 HR's and 118 RBI's. I wonder how many people said he didn't have it anymore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast