• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • filihok
    Team Veteran
    • Nov 2012

Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
    It's part of my argument and I showed you how Belle wasn't very productive during the first half. (like you asked)
    I showed that he was more productive offensively than Ventura, who escapes criticism.

another part of my argument is that Konerko's leadership is huge when trying to build winning teams. Something Belle was clueless about.

I think Frank Thomas was a great player but when it comes to chemistry, you may as well throw him on the same boat as Belle. He was left off the 2005 WS roster for a reason and that reason was because he was a distraction. I think Frank Thomas was an idiot for campaigning for Belle to play with the Sox in 98 too. That money could have been spent more wisely.
    There's no way to prove or disprove anyone's leadership or cancerousness.

So I don't think there's any reason to continue this discussion.

Comment

• chicagowhitesox1173
      2005 World Series Champs
      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by filihok View Post
      I showed that he was more productive offensively than Ventura, who escapes criticism.

There's no way to prove or disprove anyone's leadership or cancerousness.

So I don't think there's any reason to continue this discussion.
      I'm fine with ending the discussion but I will give one example of Konerko's leadership over Belle. A few years ago Konerko was hit in the face and was told to come out of the game, he opted to stay in the game even though he was bloodied from being hit in the face. His next time up to the plate he hits a homerun. Albert Belle never would have done that, his response would be to hold up the game while charging the mound and getting suspended over it.

Your gonna tell me you can't prove which one is a real leader?
      "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

• filihok
        Team Veteran
        • Nov 2012

Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
        I'm fine with ending the discussion but I will give one example of Konerko's leadership over Belle. A few years ago Konerko was hit in the face and was told to come out of the game, he opted to stay in the game even though he was bloodied from being hit in the face. His next time up to the plate he hits a homerun. Albert Belle never would have done that, his response would be to hold up the game while charging the mound and getting suspended over it.

Your gonna tell me you can't prove which one is a real leader?
        Yes, I'm going to tell you that.

Can you provide documentation of the incident you are referring to?
        Can you provide documentation to support your claim in regards to what Albert Belle would have never done

Comment

• filihok
          Team Veteran
          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by filihok View Post
          Can you provide documentation to support your claim in regards to what Albert Belle would have never done
          Here's at least 1 game in which Belle was hit by a pitch and later hit a home run
          Seattle Mariners beat Cleveland Indians (6-3). Apr 26, 1993, Attendance: 22230, Time of Game: 2:42. Visit Baseball-Reference.com for the complete box score, play-by-play, and win probability

Comment

• chicagowhitesox1173
            2005 World Series Champs
            • Jun 2010

deleted to wrong type of link.
            "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

• chicagowhitesox1173
              2005 World Series Champs
              • Jun 2010

Deleted due to inserted video
              Last edited by chicagowhitesox1173; 02-08-2013, 10:58 PM.

Comment

• chicagowhitesox1173
                2005 World Series Champs
                • Jun 2010

There ya go buddy Southside Pride.
                Last edited by chicagowhitesox1173; 02-08-2013, 10:53 PM.

Comment

• ol' aches and pains
                  A Gametime Decision
                  • Apr 2008

If I was putting together a team, I would take Paul Konerko over a whole roster of Albert Belles. Leadership and clubhouse chemistry are important, and can only be quantified by obsevation over time. There is no stat, traditional or sabermetric that measures them.
                  They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

• Toledo Inquisition
                    Buehrle-Sox fans say HOF!
                    • Feb 2011

Hey Sox fans, what do we think of PK this year? We know he is underperforming, but the question is why? Is he hurt, or is he hurt and old? Last year his bat was still turning around excellent on the super good fastball guys, so he wasn't too old then. Personally I think he is more hurt than old, but what is your opinion?

I'm sad to say, I don't think he will be back next year. I hope he retires if he isn't coming back (if he isn't forced out) and gets a job in the organization.
                    If the White Sox has not traded Sammy Sosa, they'd have probably won a few more World Series. (Chadwick)
                    Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for 3 days (baseball signatures only!)

Go here for a link to all player links! http://www.baseball-fever.com/forum/...player-threads

Go here for all your 1920's/1930's OF info

Comment

• chicagowhitesox1173
                      2005 World Series Champs
                      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Toledo Inquisition View Post
                      Hey Sox fans, what do we think of PK this year? We know he is underperforming, but the question is why? Is he hurt, or is he hurt and old? Last year his bat was still turning around excellent on the super good fastball guys, so he wasn't too old then. Personally I think he is more hurt than old, but what is your opinion?

I'm sad to say, I don't think he will be back next year. I hope he retires if he isn't coming back (if he isn't forced out) and gets a job in the organization.
                      He seems to be hitting better lately. I doubt he'll be back though.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X