Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 155

Thread: 2012-2013 Rays Off-season thread

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Tampa Florida.
    Posts
    3,342
    Quote Originally Posted by filihok View Post
    Centerfield?
    Yes...........

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
    Yes...........
    You don't think Jennings will move to CF?

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Tampa Florida.
    Posts
    3,342
    Quote Originally Posted by filihok View Post
    You don't think Jennings will move to CF?
    Jennings while having great speed doesn't have an Arm to be moved into CF.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Far NE Philadelphia
    Posts
    5,626
    I think Myers is best off as a RFer. He's got the arm, that's for sure. But I've heard he's had hamstring issues in the past, and putting him in CF just adds to the risk of something recurring.
    "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Tampa Florida.
    Posts
    3,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Grimm View Post
    I think Myers is best off as a RFer. He's got the arm, that's for sure. But I've heard he's had hamstring issues in the past, and putting him in CF just adds to the risk of something recurring.
    But sticking Noodle arm Jennings in CF could hurt us defensively

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Tampa Florida.
    Posts
    3,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Grimm View Post
    I think Myers is best off as a RFer. He's got the arm, that's for sure. But I've heard he's had hamstring issues in the past, and putting him in CF just adds to the risk of something recurring.
    Plus Ben Zobrist patrols right and he has a great arm......

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
    Plus Ben Zobrist patrols right and he has a great arm......
    Who's going to play 2nd?

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Tampa Florida.
    Posts
    3,342
    Quote Originally Posted by filihok View Post
    Who's going to play 2nd?
    S-Rod/Johnson

  9. #109
    I'm of the opinion that Jennings will see plenty of time in CF
    Zobrist will play more innings at 2B than RF
    And Myers will play one of the corners

    We'll revisit after the season.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Tampa Florida.
    Posts
    3,342
    Quote Originally Posted by filihok View Post
    I'm of the opinion that Jennings will see plenty of time in CF
    Zobrist will play more innings at 2B than RF
    And Myers will play one of the corners

    We'll revisit after the season.
    Or mid-season.......

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
    Or mid-season.......
    That works too

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Far NE Philadelphia
    Posts
    5,626
    Rays, Mariners and Yanks apparently looking heavy into Mike Morse in DC now that LaRoche resigned. RH power bat never hurts.
    "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,662
    I wouldn't want to trade another SP like Hellickson for Morse, so it would be hard now to find a comparable swap since we already dealt Shields. And Morse doesn't want to DH at all, but he doesn't exactly have a lot of leverage right now where he gets traded to.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by raysnbran View Post
    I wouldn't want to trade another SP like Hellickson for Morse, so it would be hard now to find a comparable swap since we already dealt Shields. And Morse doesn't want to DH at all, but he doesn't exactly have a lot of leverage right now where he gets traded to.
    You think Morse is worth Shields? LOL

    Regardless of what you think of WAR, when comparing major league players it's useful.

    Morse total WAR 2010-2012: 4.7
    Shields total WAR 2012: 4.3

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
    You forgot Matt Moore in the 3 spot.
    Oh wow, I have no clue how I bypassed that. If he has a breakout year, the Rays roto will be scary.
    People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring. -Rogers Hornsby

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Tampa Florida.
    Posts
    3,342
    Quote Originally Posted by filihok View Post
    You think Morse is worth Shields? LOL

    Regardless of what you think of WAR, when comparing major league players it's useful.

    Morse total WAR 2010-2012: 4.7
    Shields total WAR 2012: 4.3
    Maybe you don't know but on this site you aren't supposed to be rude in another teams Forum which you aren't a member of that team..... so can you come off as less of an ass please? Stop trying to shove your statistics down everyone's throats..... It really has gotten annoying.......

    By the way Morse is still not worth a sheilds or a hellickson doesn't matter what war says the Rays know what value there players are and won't get a dollar less for them......

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Tampa Florida.
    Posts
    3,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Francoeurstein View Post
    Oh wow, I have no clue how I bypassed that. If he has a breakout year, the Rays roto will be scary.
    If he gets his command/Control down he will be scary good.....

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
    Maybe you don't know but on this site you aren't supposed to be rude in another teams Forum which you aren't a member of that team..... can you come off as less of an ass please? Stop trying to shove your statistics down everyone's throats..... It really has gotten annoying.......
    Love how I keep getting accused of being rude, yet you're calling me an ass...

    By the way Morse is still not worth a sheilds or a hellickson doesn't matter what war says the Rays know what value there players are and won't get a dollar less for them......
    WAR says that one year of Shields was worth 3 years of Morse.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
    Maybe you don't know but on this site you aren't supposed to be rude in another teams Forum which you aren't a member of that team..... so can you come off as less of an ass please?
    So, if I was a player on the Rays I could be rude? Good to know.

    You think that I'm being rude, but I've certainly not called anyone an ass like you just did.



    By the way Morse is still not worth a sheilds or a hellickson doesn't matter what war says the Rays know what value there players are and won't get a dollar less for them......
    WAR says that 1 year of Shields has been worth the last 3 years of Morse.

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Tampa Florida.
    Posts
    3,342
    Quote Originally Posted by filihok View Post
    Love how I keep getting accused of being rude, yet you're calling me an ass...


    WAR says that one year of Shields was worth 3 years of Morse.
    Because you are..... You are coming off as Rude/Arrogant and hostile. Just telling ya how you are coming off.

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Tampa Florida.
    Posts
    3,342
    Quote Originally Posted by filihok View Post
    So, if I was a player on the Rays I could be rude? Good to know.

    You think that I'm being rude, but I've certainly not called anyone an ass like you just did.




    WAR says that 1 year of Shields has been worth the last 3 years of Morse.
    Never said a player i said a fan these Forums are for the Fans of that team..... I am letting you know this because i got the same talk by a mod trying to save you a hassle but you are unwilling to listen.

  22. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
    Never said a player i said a fan these Forums are for the Fans of that team.....
    No you didn't. You said a member of the team
    Quote Originally Posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
    Maybe you don't know but on this site you aren't supposed to be rude in another teams Forum which you aren't a member of that team.....

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Tampa Florida.
    Posts
    3,342
    Quote Originally Posted by filihok View Post
    No you didn't. You said a member of the team
    Whatever there is that rudeness again you knew what i meant.... If you want to act hostile towards everyone then don't act surprised when others are hostile right back.

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,662
    Rays avoid arbitration will all their arb-eligible players...from mlbtraderumors.com

    The Rays avoided arbitration with Matthew Joyce and Ryan Roberts, Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times reports (on Twitter). Joyce will earn $2.45MM and Roberts will earn $2.95MM plus incentives, the Rays announced. The Rays also avoided arbitration with Sam Fuld, agreeing to a one-year, $725K deal, Topkin reported (on Twitter). Earlier today the Rays avoided arbitration with Jeff Niemann. The sides agreed to a one-year, $3MM deal, Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports (on Twitter).
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#EkSqUG3MugJKh2K2.99

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Tampa Florida.
    Posts
    3,342
    524375_404796126251170_1516149428_n.jpg

    This is so true and i hope this changes.......

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •