X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RaysFan_98
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Ben Grimm View Post
    CBS' Heyman is saying the Loney deal just got finalized.

Apparently the Nats are talking to the Rays about a possible deal. Names being mentioned have been Mike Morse, Danny Espinosa for the Nationals and Shields, Hellickson for Tampa.
    I would take that deal....... Two great bats......

I assume the loney deal means Los is gone.
    All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

Comment

• raysnbran
      Clubhouse Lawyer
      • Jan 2005

I could see Shields OR Hellickson being dealt but not both. Loney is a better BA guy than Pena, but we lose in the HRs and RBI stats. I would love if they re-signed Keppinger, as his value is way down now after he broke his leg.

Anyone know why the Nats are trying hard to trade Morse? I like him better than a guy like Werth, just wondering why a young slugger like Morse is being shopped around so much...

I know the Red Sox would not trade directly with us, but wondering what their plans are with Napoli, Ross, Lavarnway and Saltalamacchia? Napoli will play 1B and maybe 20 games at C, but they didn't sign Ross to just warm up the bullpen. Maybe we can get either Lavarnway or Salty in a 3 way deal with someone?
      Last edited by raysnbran; 12-03-2012, 06:31 PM.
      Please visit http://sportsfeedia.com/ for the latest RSS feed updates on all your favorite sports and teams (my son created it and is the owner )

Comment

• Yaz
        • Dec 2011

Yes, Shields alone would bring Morse and Espinosa. A platoon of Morse and Loney would be great. The Loney signing is setting up to be another dumpster dive gem for the Rays. He won't hit 46 homers like Pena once did nor hit over .300 like Kotchman but anything around .250 with good defense would be a win for the Rays.

Keppinger will be too expensive for the Rays. His broken leg won't reduce his pay one bit and too many teams need him.

Comment

• Yaz
          • Dec 2011

Yes, Shields alone would bring Morse and Espinosa. A platoon of Morse and Loney would be great. The Loney signing is setting up to be another dumpster dive gem for the Rays. He won't hit 46 homers like Pena once did nor hit over .300 like Kotchman but anything around .250 with good defense would be a win for the Rays.

Keppinger will be too expensive for the Rays. His broken leg won't reduce his pay one bit and too many teams need him.

Comment

• RaysFan_98
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by raysnbran View Post
            If Longoria can stay healthy for half of those years, it will be a good deal. That's always the crapshoot Rays fans come to expect. He needs to change his offseason training program to be able to be more flexible instead of building up muscle.
            If Longo stays healthy it will make the owners and **** look like genius's again.

I've been out of town for a funeral and just saw the BJ Upton contract with the Braves. I may be an oldtimer but seriously? $15M average for 5 years for BJ Upton? Did he ever make an All Star team or lead his league in any kind of offensive or defensive category? It's just hard to justify that kind of money, how on earth are the Rays ever going to be more than a modern day Kansas City A's? Developing young players until you become unaffordable and nowadays get nothing in return.
            Sorry to hear that and i don't know 15m seems reasonable.

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

Comment

• raysnbran
              Clubhouse Lawyer
              • Jan 2005

We've been debating trading Shields and/or Hellickson; now this article says they would be wise to trade Price now while his value is the highest. He would get $25M a year from some team if he was on the market now.

Out of control prices once again this off season. Once Sternberg gets tired of Mayor Foster's act in St Petersburg, MLB will step in and provide him with an ultimatum. Each year gets harder and harder as the salary structure goes higher and higher.
              Please visit http://sportsfeedia.com/ for the latest RSS feed updates on all your favorite sports and teams (my son created it and is the owner )

Comment

• raysnbran
                Clubhouse Lawyer
                • Jan 2005

Rays trade a minor leaguer to get Yunel Escobar to play SS. And Keppinger signs with the White Sox 3 yrs $12M. Hopefully Escobar is just a 1 year plug in until Beckham or Ryu (sp?)is ready to play SS. Still need a bat or 2.

Comment

• Blue387
                  Ya gotta believe
                  • Jul 2010

Still need a bat or 2.
                  Good luck. There are no real good options on the free agent market, unless you really like Ronny Cedeno.
                  The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• RaysFan_98
                    • Jan 2012

Rays need to go after Marlins Staten

Comment

• Ben Grimm
                      Semi-lucid User
                      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
                      Rays need to go after Marlins Staten
                      I assume you mean Stanton. Offer up Moore & Jennings and you could get their interest.
                      "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

• RaysFan_98
                        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Ben Grimm View Post
                        I assume you mean Stanton. Offer up Moore & Jennings and you could get their interest.
                        Would more apt to give em Sheilds and Helly why would i wanna give up moore who is on a team friendly contract.

Comment

• Yaz
                          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
                          Good luck. There are no real good options on the free agent market, unless you really like Ronny Cedeno.

The Rays have the best pitching staff in the AL as trade bait and all 8 starters are up for grabs. Free agents are the last thing the Rays front office is concerned about. A big trade will be made for sure.

Comment

• RaysFan_98
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Yaz View Post
                            The Rays have the best pitching staff in the AL as trade bait and all 8 starters are up for grabs. Free agents are the last thing the Rays front office is concerned about. A big trade will be made for sure.
                            Actually..... Only helly and Sheilds are on the trade block at the moment.

Comment

• raysnbran
                              Clubhouse Lawyer
                              • Jan 2005

Rays kicking the tires on a catcher from Cincinnati

The Rays continue “poking around” for a catcher, Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com reports (on Twitter). They asked at least one …

Comment

• Yaz
                                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
                                Actually..... Only helly and Sheilds are on the trade block at the moment.

No, all of them are capable of being traded. Shields and Hellickson are just the ones being shopped.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X