X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raysnbran
    Clubhouse Lawyer
    • Jan 2005

Add Price to the list of trade candidates.

One smart-aleck take on Tampa's plans to give AL Cy Young Award winner LHP David Price a key to the city Tuesday was that he'd need permission from St. Petersburg officials to say thanks....
    Please visit http://sportsfeedia.com/ for the latest RSS feed updates on all your favorite sports and teams (my son created it and is the owner )

Comment

• RaysFan_98
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Yaz View Post
      No, all of them are capable of being traded. Shields and Hellickson are just the ones being shopped.
      You are on crack if you think that and no they are not all on the trade block..... Please go back to your own Team forum.
      All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

Comment

• RaysFan_98
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by raysnbran View Post
        Add Price to the list of trade candidates.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/baseb...o-keep/1265339
        His trade value is at its highest its ever been at....... And he is going to get very very expensive next two years.

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

Comment

• RaysFan_98
          • Jan 2012

Uh errrrrr sent Sheilds and Wade for minors..... the **** is the Front office thinking we needed real bats not more prospects...

Comment

• Yaz
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
            You are on crack if you think that and no they are not all on the trade block..... Please go back to your own Team forum.

I've been a Rays season ticket holder since 2006. I'm in the right forum.

And I must be on crack because Wade Davis wasn't supposed to be on the trading block but somehow he is now a Royal.

Sad to see Davis go but I love this trade. Dumping Shields saves the Rays a bunch of cash too. My bet is that all of those innings have taken their toll on Shields and The Royals will be lucky to get 20 wins out of him over two years.

And a Price trade is inevitable before his contract runs out as well. He'll be in line to receive the biggest contract for a pitcher ever and everybody knows it. He'll be traded for a bunch of prospects too, as he should be.
            Last edited by Yaz; 12-10-2012, 04:42 AM.

Comment

• NJYankeeFan
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
              Uh errrrrr sent Sheilds and Wade for minors..... the **** is the Front office thinking we needed real bats not more prospects...
              You should read up on who those prospects are. The Rays just robbed the Royals.

With the Rays ability to develop pitchers they may have gotten the 3 best players in the deal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• RaysFan_98
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Yaz View Post
                I've been a Rays season ticket holder since 2006. I'm in the right forum.

And I must be on crack because Wade Davis wasn't supposed to be on the trading block but somehow he is now a Royal.

Sad to see Davis go but I love this trade. Dumping Shields saves the Rays a bunch of cash too. My bet is that all of those innings have taken their toll on Shields and The Royals will be lucky to get 20 wins out of him over two years.

And a Price trade is inevitable before his contract runs out as well. He'll be in line to receive the biggest contract for a pitcher ever and everybody knows it. He'll be traded for a bunch of prospects too, as he should be.
                I didn't care about Wade.... He and his 5+ ERA could take a hike for all i care but Sheilds i shall miss.....

And it was hard to tell your name didn't really tie into the Rays and no avi of a Rays so.......

Comment

• raysnbran
                  Clubhouse Lawyer
                  • Jan 2005

I heard a lot of positive things about the players we are getting in the deal. Myers, of course, is the stud of the deal, 37 HR and 100 RBI last year. Went 3-5 in the Futures game last summer in KC. I've heard comparisons of him ranging from Ryan Braun to Josh Willingham. I would take either one of those type bats in the Rays lineup. If he can hit .260/25/75 in 2013, I will be a happy man. Also heard rumors the Rays would start him out in Durham for a few months to keep his arb clock from starting to tick, like they have with other young players.

Jake Odorizzi can be a #3 SP behind Price & Moore in this rotation. He was considered a top prospect that the Royals obtained in the Zack Grienke deal from MIL. Heard George Brett on MLB radio say he's consistently in the 91-92 MPH range,can hit 94 occasionally, but has great control. That's a feature the Rays covet in their SPs.

Montgomery was considered their #1 prospect at one time (per Brett), but he lost "it" and hasn't gotten it back yet. If Hickey can get him turned around, another steal for us.

Leonard is a 3B who slots into the top 30 prospects for the Rays. Maybe never makes it to the bigs, but provides added depth.

I agree with Yaz that Shields' best days are behind him. He had almost 1 ER worse record away from the Trop and KC can be a hitters friendly park. If Davis can sustain his fastball and stretch himself out to go 6 innings, he will be a good SP for KC. But a guy like Niemann coming back, or Archer making the club, can easily replace Davis and his production.

Hoprefully this is a win-win trade for both teams, rather than talking heads debating who won the trade in December.
                  Please visit http://sportsfeedia.com/ for the latest RSS feed updates on all your favorite sports and teams (my son created it and is the owner )

Comment

• RaysFan_98
                    • Jan 2012

Sheilds its not just the stats to me its the intangible he brought.... The leadership the fight and determination and the clubhouse leader.

Comment

• RaysFan_98
                      • Jan 2012

Also hopefully Meyers pans out...... And the Rays batting coaches don't **** him up.

Comment

• raysnbran
                        Clubhouse Lawyer
                        • Jan 2005

Royals originally wanted to trade Myers for Shields straight up

They obviously did not know who they were dealing with in Andrew Friedman

Comment

• RaysFan_98
                          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by raysnbran View Post
                          Royals originally wanted to trade Myers for Shields straight up

They obviously did not know who they were dealing with in Andrew Friedman
                          Lol Rays front office is no fools our FO Knows how to wheel and deal.

Comment

• raysnbran
                            Clubhouse Lawyer
                            • Jan 2005

If Mark DeRosa can prove he's healthy, I would like Andrew to consider signing him to a vet minimum salary to play the role they envisioned for Keppinger last year...super utility man. I heard him on MLB radio tonight, and he says his wrist is as healthy now as it's been in 3 years and he's a FA looking for a team that's ready to win and not in rebuilding or .500 mode. Can't be worse than the guys like S-Rod, Sutton, Brignac etc that we ran out there in 2012. When you are digging from the bottom of the crate of blue light specials, you need to find some zirconia once in a while.

Comment

• raysnbran
                              Clubhouse Lawyer
                              • Jan 2005

Rays reportedly ready to sign their 2nd Roberto Hernandez of all time

(formerly known as Fausto Carmona)

Comment

• raysnbran
                                Clubhouse Lawyer
                                • Jan 2005

I wish I had some signing or something to talk about besides this :disbelief:

Oh, I heard Carlos Pena is about to sign with the Astros...other than that, I got nuthin

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X