Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 1981-82 Offseason Thread

I made a couple of individualized reports for one of the owners that doesn't possess DM. To be fair, if anyone else wants some report that I could produce to help with your scouting, let me know and I'll see what I can put together.
    You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by dust bunnies View Post
    Looking further the 1981-82 off-season thread says that the rookie draft starts on Oct 29. Tonight. Which is it? Jack
    The information I printed out to go by, from the initial off season thread post, does indeed indicate the rookie draft begins tonight at 9PM. That is also the deadline for topping any HTD bids, by the way.
    You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Looking further the 1981-82 off-season thread says that the rookie draft starts on Oct 29. Tonight. Which is it? Jack
    --It starts tonight. Sorry if there were conflicting dates.

The Dust Bunnies are offering Garry Templeton, SS, in trade. As his previous owner, the DB signed him to a three-year $1.75M contract. Jack
    Illegitimi Non Carborundum

On the database we just received, Mark, you have Mike Caldwell as a Dust Bunny. He was traded last year and subsequently became a free agent. To any and all, what is the status of Scott Holman? I thought he was a Dust Bunny and tried to retain him. Did I trade him? Should he now be a free agent? Do I know what I'm doing? Thanks.

Jack

--Was Holman a draftee, FA or trade acqusition? Let me know and if he belongs on your roster I'll get him there.

--The Knights are looking for a corner outfielder with some power from the left side. Can be a platoon type guy. Can't be on too expensive a contract . I would not be interested in trading a 1st rounder for a one year rental, but if you have a muti-year solution in LF or Rf I'd be happy to discus that.

Quote Originally Posted by leecemark View Post
    --Was Holman a draftee, FA or trade acqusition? Let me know and if he belongs on your roster I'll get him there.
    1980 Rookie Draft thread shows Holman as Supplemental draft pick #65 Dust Bunnies from Hard Cider. Last player drafted in 1980. See thread #208
    There are 10 kinds of people. Those who get binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by buppers View Post
    1980 Rookie Draft thread shows Holman as Supplemental draft pick #65 Dust Bunnies from Hard Cider. Last player drafted in 1980. See thread #208
    Sorry for not doing due diligence before posting. After drafting Scott Holman, the DB traded him to the Angels. According to Post #22 in the 1981-82 off season thread, the Angels put him on their Keeper list for 1982. So, Scott Holman should not be a free agent - he is the property of the Angels. Jack

Sorry for not doing due diligence before posting. After drafting Scott Holman, the DB traded him to the Angels. According to Post #22 in the 1981-82 off season thread, the Angels put him on their Keeper list for 1982. So, Scott Holman should not be a free agent - he is the property of the Angels. Jack
    No problem, gave me something to do on this hurricane-forced sit-in

In Post #28 of this thread, Milt Wilcox was dropped by the Lumberjacks. He should be listed as a free agent.

Looking for owners in the KilBeam League

I'll post this here and also in the rookie draft thread, since everyone is watching those threads closely and I wanted to make sure it was seen. A bit off topic for sure, but the KilBeam DM League I am in (along with Dan Maloy and Jason Lyke) is looking for one or two owners. It is a keeper league, started in 1930 and presently in 1931. We took all teams from 1930 except the White Sox and Reds, kept six original players, then everyone else went into a draft. You can keep the players you draft as long as you want. You also have the option (once every two seasons) of making one of your team's real life rookies your first round draft pick. If interested, contact me and I'll put you in touch with the commish. Apologies to a couple of our better CKL owners, but since the league has no web site (only a Yahoo group), it is only available to owners of the DM game.

I'm working on updating the ballpark factor list. I had a question about the Thunder. Their home park is listed as Olympic Stadium, Montreal; however, I have them (on the old factor list) in the Oakland Coliseum. Which park are they in? There were also another couple of discrepancies between the old list and the parks assigned for 1982, but most of these were due to owner changes. This is the list of current parks as Mark has them. Please check it, and if there is any error with your home park, let Mark and I know ASAP. Thanks!

ballparks.JPG

The Badgers have 5 - count 'em 5 - players rated VG in CF for 1982. Looking to move either Maddox (1 year - .500) or Moreno (2 years - 1.500).

Please keep in mind that every team is expected to have a minimum of 600 PA and 2 players rated at every position. Also sufficient innings from pitchers with 100 BF or more to cover all projected innings. You MUST accomplish this with your Opening Day 40 man roster or I will assign the needed players with the worst available leftovers and you will not be permitted to sign anyone else once the season starts. Thank you.
    OK, the fourth time I looked at that first post I finally saw that this was the requirement statement rather than your signature.....

Quote Originally Posted by catcher24 View Post
    OK, the fourth time I looked at that first post I finally saw that this was the requirement statement rather than your signature.....
    I am going to make that my signature now.
    Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything. ~Toby Harrah

Chicago - The town that the World Series forgot
    The Thunder have dealt Dennis Eckersley to the Iron in exchange for their 87 2nd round pick. The Iron will confirm and congrats on the birth of you child, Jason!
    "I will calmly wait for my induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame."
    - Sammy Sosa

"Get a comfy chair, Sammy, cause its gonna be a long wait."
    - Craig Ashley (AKA Windy City Fan)

Cool, congrats!

The Skipjacks announce a trade with the Badgers, sending RP Ron Davis Buppers' way for OF Gary Maddox. Please confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by J W View Post
    Cool, congrats!

The Skipjacks announce a trade with the Badgers, sending RP Ron Davis Buppers' way for OF Gary Maddox. Please confirm.
    Badgers confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by Windy City Fan View Post
    The Thunder have dealt Dennis Eckersley to the Iron in exchange for their 87 2nd round pick. The Iron will confirm and congrats on the birth of you child, Jason!
    Thanks everyone. Mom and baby are great and we are home. And I confirm this trade.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast