Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 574

Thread: 2012/2013 New York Yankees Off-Season Thread

  1. #126
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, New York
    Posts
    5,603
    Quote Originally Posted by NJYankeeFan View Post
    I would not bet on him continuing to bring that. He is a very good player but will he stay a good player once he loses a step. He is also going to be expensive and the Yanks are looking to cut back. Cheaper to move Gardner to CF, Grandy to RF and get a LF.
    Yeah, Ichiro. You don't believe me that he will get 200 hits, do you? Come on, I didn't let you down on Andy and Jeter, I told you they would have strong years. Trust me on this one. You know how football guys always have one definite pick? Well this is mine.
    Last edited by White Knight; 11-21-2012 at 09:35 AM.
    Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,892
    Quote Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
    Yeah, Ichiro. You don't believe me that he will get 200 hits, do you? Come on, I didn't let you down on Andy and Jeter, I told you they would have strong years. Trust me on this one. You know how football guys always have one definitive pick? Well this is mine.
    That would be awesome if he does, I hope you are right on this one too.

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, New York
    Posts
    5,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Joltin' Joe View Post
    That would be awesome if he does, I hope you are right on this one too.
    Well sadly it probably won't make a difference, because I don't think he's coming back with the Yanks.
    Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

  4. #129
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Rockland County, NY
    Posts
    11,419
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
    Yeah, Ichiro. You don't believe me that he will get 200 hits, do you? Come on, I didn't let you down on Andy and Jeter, I told you they would have strong years. Trust me on this one. You know how football guys always have one definite pick? Well this is mine.
    Yes, Andy pitched well, but he won a total of 5 games last year and was injured for most of the season. Try not to pull a muscle patting yourself on the back for that one :-)
    RIP Bill Burgess - a gentleman and a scholar - Baseball-Fever will never be the same without you.

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,892
    Quote Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
    Well sadly it probably won't make a difference, because I don't think he's coming back with the Yanks.
    Where do you think he will play? He said he was not playing in the WBC 2013 but I haven't heard much otherwise.

  6. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
    Most likely they would package Nova.
    For 2013 that would make sense but Hughes is a free agent after next season. In 2014 it makes more sense to keep Nova.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

  7. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Joltin' Joe View Post
    Where do you think he will play? He said he was not playing in the WBC 2013 but I haven't heard much otherwise.
    That is a sign he wants to play for the Yanks. They are not fans of the wbc

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, New York
    Posts
    5,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Joltin' Joe View Post
    Where do you think he will play? He said he was not playing in the WBC 2013 but I haven't heard much otherwise.
    Well, I think he wants to play for the Yanks, but I don't think they want him back. They haven't shown any interest, and instead were looking at inferior outfielders.
    Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, New York
    Posts
    5,603
    Quote Originally Posted by NJYankeeFan View Post
    That is a sign he wants to play for the Yanks. They are not fans of the wbc

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah, but just like relationships, it takes two to tango.
    Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

  10. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
    Yeah, but just like relationships, it takes two to tango.
    Good. He is a bad fit to replace Swish with Gardner in the other corner. A right handed power hitter is the ideal fit.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, New York
    Posts
    5,603
    Quote Originally Posted by NJYankeeFan View Post
    Good. He is a bad fit to replace Swish with Gardner in the other corner. A right handed power hitter is the ideal fit.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    Would you bee happy with 200 hits and 12 home runs? Keep Gardner, try and trade Grandy.
    Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

  12. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
    Would you bee happy with 200 hits and 12 home runs? Keep Gardner, try and trade Grandy.
    A. I doubt he gets 200 hits and if he does he probably gets zero walks.

    B. Grandy is the one with some pop. If you got a great deal for Gardner and could get Suzuki on a one year deal then ok. He is similar to Gardner at this stage of his career. Not as good but similar.

    Bottom line is the Yanks need some right handed pop in the lineup.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

  13. #138
    Russell Martin wants to play SS in the WBC. Interesting. He claims it is his most natural position and he has played 2b and 3b before as well.

    I know it is a stretch but if he handles it in the WBC, might it be an option as an extra back up?? How much worse could he be then Jeter and Nunez??

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    834
    Quote Originally Posted by NJYankeeFan View Post
    Russell Martin wants to play SS in the WBC. Interesting. He claims it is his most natural position and he has played 2b and 3b before as well.

    I know it is a stretch but if he handles it in the WBC, might it be an option as an extra back up?? How much worse could he be then Jeter and Nunez??
    Yawn...I guess this act never gets old.

  15. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by SD Bomber Fan View Post
    Yawn...I guess this act never gets old.
    What? Trying to be creative in providing depth in particular when we know Jeter and A-Rod will need time off???

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, New York
    Posts
    5,603
    Quote Originally Posted by NJYankeeFan View Post
    Russell Martin wants to play SS in the WBC. Interesting. He claims it is his most natural position and he has played 2b and 3b before as well.

    I know it is a stretch but if he handles it in the WBC, might it be an option as an extra back up?? How much worse could he be then Jeter and Nunez??
    I just want him out of NY, I hope someone signs him before Cashman changes his mind.
    Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Far NE Philadelphia
    Posts
    5,501
    Word is, Yanks signed Pettitte to a 1-year/$12M deal.
    "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Far NE Philadelphia
    Posts
    5,501
    Quote Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
    I just want him out of NY, I hope someone signs him before Cashman changes his mind.
    Last I heard, Yanks go 2 years but the Pirates may be willing to go 3 - stupid Pirates. IMO, Martin's an okay option as a fallback, but I'd hardly offer up $8M or so for multiple seasons.
    "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

  19. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Grimm View Post
    Last I heard, Yanks go 2 years but the Pirates may be willing to go 3 - stupid Pirates. IMO, Martin's an okay option as a fallback, but I'd hardly offer up $8M or so for multiple seasons.
    Problem is what is the alternative.

    I have been hearing three years. Maybe 4.

    I would reluctantly go 3. I would like to see them get a good back up. Ideally Kotteras.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

  20. #145
    Mo is signed, Martin signed with the Pirates 2 years/$17 million. I wonder what the Yankees offer was.....

  21. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
    Mo is signed, Martin signed with the Pirates 2 years/$17 million. I wonder what the Yankees offer was.....
    Apparently 2 for $12-$14. Discussions. No offer.

    http://riveraveblues.com/2012/11/ros...-martin-79817/

    Happy Mo is back but it was expected and not re-upping Martin at that rate is a disgrace. It is not like we have any prospect that will be held back by not being up even in 2014.

    Who is going to catch next year?

  22. #147
    Ok. So seriously now, who catches, and by seriously I mean it is not going to be AJ Pierzynski, Mike Napoli or Jason Giambi.

    1. Austin Romine. Probably the most talented/close to ready catcher on the team. Problem is the word "close". Yankees have always liked him. For some reason.
    2. Chris Stewart. No power. Can't hit. Won't take a walk. Other than the three points mentioned before little evidence that he is good defensively.
    3. Franki Cervelli. Well he can take a walk. But that is about it. In the minors they said he had good defense, but has not showed it in the majors.
    4. Non-tender candidates?
    a. George Kotteras. LH. Takes a walk. Small sample says he can frame pitches. Would have been my choice to back up Martin.
    b. Jesus Flores. Was once considered a talent.
    c. Geovany Soto. Used to hit. Key on "used to". Never could field.
    5. Trade possiblity? Who to go for? Who to give up? While I think this is how they go (and soon), I have no idea, who it would be?

  23. #148
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Rockland County, NY
    Posts
    11,419
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by NJYankeeFan View Post
    Ok. So seriously now, who catches, and by seriously I mean it is not going to be AJ Pierzynski, Mike Napoli or Jason Giambi.

    1. Austin Romine. Probably the most talented/close to ready catcher on the team. Problem is the word "close". Yankees have always liked him. For some reason.
    2. Chris Stewart. No power. Can't hit. Won't take a walk. Other than the three points mentioned before little evidence that he is good defensively.
    3. Franki Cervelli. Well he can take a walk. But that is about it. In the minors they said he had good defense, but has not showed it in the majors.
    4. Non-tender candidates?
    a. George Kotteras. LH. Takes a walk. Small sample says he can frame pitches. Would have been my choice to back up Martin.
    b. Jesus Flores. Was once considered a talent.
    c. Geovany Soto. Used to hit. Key on "used to". Never could field.
    5. Trade possiblity? Who to go for? Who to give up? While I think this is how they go (and soon), I have no idea, who it would be?
    I wonder if the Twins would give us Joe Mauer if we eat the whole contract.
    RIP Bill Burgess - a gentleman and a scholar - Baseball-Fever will never be the same without you.

  24. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by GiambiJuice View Post
    I wonder if the Twins would give us Joe Mauer if we eat the whole contract.
    That would kill the $189 mm idea.

    Plus I have heard he is not available, although that seems like a smoke screen / public relations ploy. How could you not want to deal John Olerud at that rate?

    Would you have Tex catch?


  25. #150
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, New York
    Posts
    5,603
    Quote Originally Posted by GiambiJuice View Post
    I wonder if the Twins would give us Joe Mauer if we eat the whole contract.
    That would be awesome, but I doubt it'll happen.
    Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •