Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012/2013 New York Yankees Off-Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NJYankeeFan View Post
    Yes. Ignore two years. Two weeks are a much more reliable sample.
    July to October is two weeks? You have to trust me on this. You were wrong on Andy and Jeter last year, take my word I know these things.
    Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

Quote Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
    July to October is two weeks? You have to trust me on this. You were wrong on Andy and Jeter last year, take my word I know these things.
    Most of the time he was with the Yanks, he stunk. He had about 2 insane weeks.

I do not have any confidence in him.

Scott Van Slyke

Was DFA'd by the Dodgers. Since the Yanks are determined to put together the worst team they can, let's take a look.

The idea was floated by River Ave Blues and I like it.

Dickerson for Van Slyke and Punto.

Van Slyke is not any good but he is a RH corner OF and 1B. Since the Yanks have three LH outfielders, he could be good, cheap option.

Punto is lousy but he is old, so Cashman and Knight will like him.

Most of the time he was with the Yanks, he stunk. He had about 2 insane weeks.

I do not have any confidence in him.
    We'll see, I hope he can hit .310 and steal 25. How do you think the other older guys will do (Jeter, Andy, and Mo)?

Was DFA'd by the Dodgers. Since the Yanks are determined to put together the worst team they can, let's take a look.

The idea was floated by River Ave Blues and I like it.

Dickerson for Van Slyke and Punto.

Van Slyke is not any good but he is a RH corner OF and 1B. Since the Yanks have three LH outfielders, he could be good, cheap option.

Punto is lousy but he is old, so Cashman and Knight will like him.
    Nah, I like aging superstars. Punto never was anything, and should have been out of baseball years ago.

We'll see, I hope he can hit .310 and steal 25. How do you think the other older guys will do (Jeter, Andy, and Mo)?
    I hope he does too. Also hope I win the lottery.

I think all 3 humans will regress. Andy will get hurt at some point and miss significant time but otherwise pitch well. Jeter's range will decline further. His splits will continue to widen.

Mo will continue the cyborg routine for one more year. There will be a bad month where he blows two or three saves and teh papers pronounce him finished. Then he will finish the season strong except for a short fatigue stop on the DL.

Suzuki will continue his decline and post a year very much like his last one in Seattle with lower BABIP on ground balls and weak line drives.

Not a pretty forecast.

Nah, I like aging superstars. Punto never was anything, and should have been out of baseball years ago.
    Well we agree on something.

I hope he does too. Also hope I win the lottery.

I think all 3 humans will regress. Andy will get hurt at some point and miss significant time but otherwise pitch well. Jeter's range will decline further. His splits will continue to widen.

Mo will continue the cyborg routine for one more year. There will be a bad month where he blows two or three saves and teh papers pronounce him finished. Then he will finish the season strong except for a short fatigue stop on the DL.

Suzuki will continue his decline and post a year very much like his last one in Seattle with lower BABIP on ground balls and weak line drives.

Not a pretty forecast.
    I'm honestly worried about Jeter. I'm not predicting a .300 BA season, I just can't. Coming off that major injury if he re-injures it and retires I'd probably go the Seattle1 route and be devastatingly depressed. I think Andy will do good if he doesn't get hurt. Mo should do good. The only one I'm very confidant in doing well is Ichiro. We shall see I guess.

I'm honestly worried about Jeter. I'm not predicting a .300 BA season, I just can't. Coming off that major injury if he re-injures it and retires I'd probably go the Seattle1 route and be devastatingly depressed. I think Andy will do good if he doesn't get hurt. Mo should do good. The only one I'm very confidant in doing well is Ichiro. We shall see I guess.
    I hope you are right but his decline has been too great for me to buy it.

I worry about Jeter being physically capable of playing short. And A-Rod of playing 3b when he returns.
    Hopefully they can make one last run before collapsing in 2014. They have the pitching. And the core of the lineup still has Cano, Grandy and Tex. Gardner still gets on base.

They can compete but it will be a tight race.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Ugh. Reading reports that the Phillies offered up 2/$14M. Please, please, please beat that offer! Nothing against Ichiro whatsoever, but this team [Phillies] needs power in the worst way and having Ben Revere, Ichiro and an unproven in the OF does not help. I'm also a bit wary of his .326 OB% over the past three seasons. Offensively, if he's not getting on base, he offers very little. The benefit the Yanks have is they still have power to offset his, so it makes more sense as a signing. He just doesn't work down here.
    "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Looks like he's about to sign with the Yanks for two years, for 12-13 million. The Phillies offered 14 million, so he's taking less. One other site said yet another team offered 15 million.

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/yankee...#axzz2EyiA1735

Looks like he's about to sign with the Yanks for two years, for 12-13 million. The Phillies offered 14 million, so he's taking less. One other site said yet another team offered 15 million.

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/yankee...#axzz2EyiA1735
    Oh oh please go to Philly.

On the other hand we just signed Bobby Wilson. Possibly the only worse hitting catcher than Chris Stewart.

Oh oh please go to Philly.
    Noooooooooooo!
    "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Josh Hamilton getting 5 yrs/125 mil from the Angels makes me think that the Yanks can sign Cano for 5 yrs at a little less than 125m.
    Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Quote Originally Posted by The Monument View Post
    Josh Hamilton getting 5 yrs/125 mil from the Angels makes me think that the Yanks can sign Cano for 5 yrs at a little less than 125m.
    Well...Hamilton is 2 years older than Cano, so you can probably add 2 years to Cano's deal to bring it to 7 years. Cano is also better than Hamilton, so add on another 2 or 3 years.

How do you figure? Cano is younger and much less prone to injuries.

Blog Entries
    How do you figure? Cano is younger and much less prone to injuries.
    Plus he's not a junkie.
    My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
    2. Barry Bonds
    3. Ty Cobb
    4. Ted Williams
    5. Willie Mays
    6. Alex Rodriguez
    7. Hank Aaron
    8. Honus Wagner
    9. Lou Gehrig
    10. Mickey Mantle

Age and skills aside, Hamilton is the bigger star.
    Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Age and skills aside, Hamilton is the bigger star.
    Bigger name. Not better player or risk.

Apparently the Yankees are engaged in trade talks with the Angels for Vernon Wells.

Why would we take on that bad contract for a crappy player like that?

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast