Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
Results 551 to 574 of 574

Thread: 2012/2013 New York Yankees Off-Season Thread

  1. #551
    Quote Originally Posted by clipper View Post
    Hughes already got a back (disc) issue. My question isn't this what Romine got in Spring Training last year? Wasn't he out most of the year?
    There are different degrees but it could be a serious issue. The Yanks do have some depth but are supposedly looking at pitchers.

    Would it make sense to re-visit the Joba to the rotation thing one last time.

    Rivera-Robinson-Aardsma is still a formidable righty 1-2-3. Whitley could fill in if need be in the middle innings.

  2. #552
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, New York
    Posts
    5,645
    Joba is bringing back the 'stache!

    Last edited by White Knight; 02-22-2013 at 08:05 PM.
    Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

  3. #553
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tampa Bay via Boston
    Posts
    3,340
    Quote Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
    Joba is bringing back the 'stache!

    I thought Joey Pitbull had a rule against facial hair like he did when he mismanaged the Marlins in '06...
    Man, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

  4. #554
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, New York
    Posts
    5,645
    Quote Originally Posted by SDL View Post
    I thought Joey Pitbull had a rule against facial hair like he did when he mismanaged the Marlins in '06...
    I don't think it's up to him, he doesn't have that kind of power in NY. Yankees ownership have allowed the mustache since the '70's, when it was incredibly in style. Only briefly in 1995 or so was the rule relaxed to allow goatees, and then quickly reversed.
    Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

  5. #555
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Unfortunately MA
    Posts
    1,711
    Blog Entries
    2
    Spring Training starts with Braves tomorrow so we need a new thread. Ithink Phelps is starting. I really want Romine and not Stewart as our back up. I don't see how Romine can be worst but I don't know. (Also, I think with Hughes out for maybe 2 weeks this will give Nova not Joba more inning.) CC - Kuroda - Andy - Nova - Phelps

  6. #556
    Quote Originally Posted by clipper View Post
    Spring Training starts with Braves tomorrow so we need a new thread. Ithink Phelps is starting. I really want Romine and not Stewart as our back up. I don't see how Romine can be worst but I don't know. (Also, I think with Hughes out for maybe 2 weeks this will give Nova not Joba more inning.) CC - Kuroda - Andy - Nova - Phelps
    Bobby Wilson to start???

  7. #557
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Unfortunately MA
    Posts
    1,711
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by NJYankeeFan View Post
    Bobby Wilson to start???
    Phelps is expected to throw two innings or 35 pitches, and he will be followed in some order by right-handers Brett Marshall, Mike O'Brien, Kelvin Perez, Branden Pinder and Chase Whitley, and left-hander Nik Turley. I am worried Brian Cashman (and Joe) has made the decision Romine will start in minor even before ST and I have to watch Stewart. Seems like Stewart has one of the spots.

  8. #558
    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_mlb&c_id=mlb

    The Yankees have made a "significant offer" to Robinson Cano, according to general manager Brian Cashman, who is hoping to lock the All-Star second baseman into a contract extension before he reaches free agency.

  9. #559
    But only for 1 year. He is not old enough for more.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

  10. #560
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, New York
    Posts
    5,645
    I bet "significant" for the Yankees was highly insulting to Cano. They probably offered only 5 years/125 million.
    Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

  11. #561
    It's what I would offer with a vesting option for a 6th year if performance and health criteria are met.

  12. #562
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    6,829
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
    I bet "significant" for the Yankees was highly insulting to Cano. They probably offered only 5 years/125 million.
    Whatever the case....I'd be surprised of Cano signs now.

    Boras will have him hit the open market and start a bidding war for him. It makes sense...that would drive his price up and then the Yanks may not want to lose Cano and in turn start bidding against themselves. Classic Scott Boras malarky. I've seen this movie play out time and time again. Yank fans should recall this same thing playing out with Bernie...back when he was supposedly on the verge of joining the Red Sox.
    "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

  13. #563
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, New York
    Posts
    5,645
    Wow, you guys are cold. No love for Brian Cashman at all? He broke his leg today.
    Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

  14. #564
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,118
    Blog Entries
    4
    Wasn't he skydiving? It's unfortunate, but between that and the building rappelling it was more likely than not that something like this would happen. It's not like his personal life warms the heart either.

  15. #565
    Quote Originally Posted by PVNICK View Post
    Wasn't he skydiving? It's unfortunate, but between that and the building rappelling it was more likely than not that something like this would happen. It's not like his personal life warms the heart either.
    He was surviving for charity to bring attention to the wounded warrior project. This actually gets it more attention. Bad for him but good for his cause.

    Now who can we get to sub while he is on the dl?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

  16. #566
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, New York
    Posts
    5,645
    Yankees are apparently trying to get Chipper Jones out of retirement. I like this...

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ement-for-2013
    Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

  17. #567
    Quote Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
    Yankees are apparently trying to get Chipper Jones out of retirement. I like this...

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ement-for-2013
    Dream on. No way this happens. I like it but its not happening.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

  18. #568
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, New York
    Posts
    5,645
    Quote Originally Posted by NJYankeeFan View Post
    Dream on. No way this happens. I like it but its not happening.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah, I doubt he would do it too, just reporting the news.
    Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

  19. #569
    Quote Originally Posted by NJYankeeFan View Post
    Dream on. No way this happens. I like it but its not happening.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    https://twitter.com/RealCJ10/status/311173875209760769
    Enough with the rumors! While I am flattered about the speculation of being enticed out of retirement, I'm happy with life as a bad golfer!

  20. #570
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, New York
    Posts
    5,645
    Crap, baseball needs more guys who are 40-something that can still preform.
    Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

  21. #571
    Well I would rather see young talent we could root for years for, Chipper would have been a perfect fit for 2013.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

  22. #572
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mount Sinai,Long Island,NY
    Posts
    1,474
    Quote Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
    Crap, baseball needs more guys who are 40-something that can still preform.
    If he could still perform he wouldnt have retired. Baseball needs more twenty-something players that can perform, instead of spending 8-10 yrs in the minors.
    Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

  23. #573
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Rockland County, NY
    Posts
    12,415
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monument View Post
    If he could still perform he wouldnt have retired. Baseball needs more twenty-something players that can perform, instead of spending 8-10 yrs in the minors.
    Ridiculous statement. Chipper decided before the season that he would retire and he was solidly above average last year.

  24. #574
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, New York
    Posts
    5,645
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monument View Post
    If he could still perform he wouldnt have retired.
    100's of players said hi.
    Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •