• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • White Knight
    Join Zap!
    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by NJYankeeFan View Post
    Good. He is a bad fit to replace Swish with Gardner in the other corner. A right handed power hitter is the ideal fit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    Would you bee happy with 200 hits and 12 home runs? Keep Gardner, try and trade Grandy.
    Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

Comment

• NJYankeeFan
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
      Would you bee happy with 200 hits and 12 home runs? Keep Gardner, try and trade Grandy.
      A. I doubt he gets 200 hits and if he does he probably gets zero walks.

B. Grandy is the one with some pop. If you got a great deal for Gardner and could get Suzuki on a one year deal then ok. He is similar to Gardner at this stage of his career. Not as good but similar.

Bottom line is the Yanks need some right handed pop in the lineup.

Comment

• NJYankeeFan
        • Dec 2008

Russell Martin wants to play SS in the WBC. Interesting. He claims it is his most natural position and he has played 2b and 3b before as well.

I know it is a stretch but if he handles it in the WBC, might it be an option as an extra back up?? How much worse could he be then Jeter and Nunez??

Comment

• SD Bomber Fan
          • Jun 2005

Russell Martin wants to play SS in the WBC. Interesting. He claims it is his most natural position and he has played 2b and 3b before as well.

I know it is a stretch but if he handles it in the WBC, might it be an option as an extra back up?? How much worse could he be then Jeter and Nunez??
          Yawn...I guess this act never gets old.

Comment

• NJYankeeFan
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by SD Bomber Fan View Post
            Yawn...I guess this act never gets old.
            What? Trying to be creative in providing depth in particular when we know Jeter and A-Rod will need time off???

Comment

• White Knight
              Join Zap!
              • Jul 2007

I just want him out of NY, I hope someone signs him before Cashman changes his mind.

Comment

• Ben Grimm
                Semi-lucid User
                • Jun 2012

Word is, Yanks signed Pettitte to a 1-year/$12M deal.
                "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

• Ben Grimm
                  Semi-lucid User
                  • Jun 2012

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                  I just want him out of NY, I hope someone signs him before Cashman changes his mind.
                  Last I heard, Yanks go 2 years but the Pirates may be willing to go 3 - stupid Pirates. IMO, Martin's an okay option as a fallback, but I'd hardly offer up $8M or so for multiple seasons.
                  "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

• NJYankeeFan
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Ben Grimm View Post
                    Last I heard, Yanks go 2 years but the Pirates may be willing to go 3 - stupid Pirates. IMO, Martin's an okay option as a fallback, but I'd hardly offer up $8M or so for multiple seasons.
                    Problem is what is the alternative.

I have been hearing three years. Maybe 4.

I would reluctantly go 3. I would like to see them get a good back up. Ideally Kotteras.

Comment

• quagmire
                      • Jan 2010

Mo is signed, Martin signed with the Pirates 2 years/$17 million. I wonder what the Yankees offer was.....

Comment

• NJYankeeFan
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by quagmire View Post
                        Mo is signed, Martin signed with the Pirates 2 years/$17 million. I wonder what the Yankees offer was.....
                        Apparently 2 for $12-$14. Discussions. No offer.

9:54pm: The Yankees told Martin they didn't have the cash to match Pittsburgh's offer according to Waldstein. That's rich. 9:07pm: Buster Olney says the Ya

Happy Mo is back but it was expected and not re-upping Martin at that rate is a disgrace. It is not like we have any prospect that will be held back by not being up even in 2014.

Who is going to catch next year?

Comment

• NJYankeeFan
                          • Dec 2008

Ok. So seriously now, who catches, and by seriously I mean it is not going to be AJ Pierzynski, Mike Napoli or Jason Giambi.

1. Austin Romine. Probably the most talented/close to ready catcher on the team. Problem is the word "close". Yankees have always liked him. For some reason.
                          2. Chris Stewart. No power. Can't hit. Won't take a walk. Other than the three points mentioned before little evidence that he is good defensively.
                          3. Franki Cervelli. Well he can take a walk. But that is about it. In the minors they said he had good defense, but has not showed it in the majors.
                          4. Non-tender candidates?
                          a. George Kotteras. LH. Takes a walk. Small sample says he can frame pitches. Would have been my choice to back up Martin.
                          b. Jesus Flores. Was once considered a talent.
                          c. Geovany Soto. Used to hit. Key on "used to". Never could field.
                          5. Trade possiblity? Who to go for? Who to give up? While I think this is how they go (and soon), I have no idea, who it would be?

Comment

• GiambiJuice
                            • May 2005

Ok. So seriously now, who catches, and by seriously I mean it is not going to be AJ Pierzynski, Mike Napoli or Jason Giambi.

1. Austin Romine. Probably the most talented/close to ready catcher on the team. Problem is the word "close". Yankees have always liked him. For some reason.
                            2. Chris Stewart. No power. Can't hit. Won't take a walk. Other than the three points mentioned before little evidence that he is good defensively.
                            3. Franki Cervelli. Well he can take a walk. But that is about it. In the minors they said he had good defense, but has not showed it in the majors.
                            4. Non-tender candidates?
                            a. George Kotteras. LH. Takes a walk. Small sample says he can frame pitches. Would have been my choice to back up Martin.
                            b. Jesus Flores. Was once considered a talent.
                            c. Geovany Soto. Used to hit. Key on "used to". Never could field.
                            5. Trade possiblity? Who to go for? Who to give up? While I think this is how they go (and soon), I have no idea, who it would be?
                            I wonder if the Twins would give us Joe Mauer if we eat the whole contract.
                            My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
                            2. Barry Bonds
                            3. Ty Cobb
                            4. Ted Williams
                            5. Willie Mays
                            6. Alex Rodriguez
                            7. Hank Aaron
                            8. Honus Wagner
                            9. Lou Gehrig
                            10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

• NJYankeeFan
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
                              That would kill the $189 mm idea.

Plus I have heard he is not available, although that seems like a smoke screen / public relations ploy. How could you not want to deal John Olerud at that rate?

Would you have Tex catch?

Comment

• White Knight
                                Join Zap!
                                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
                                That would be awesome, but I doubt it'll happen.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X