• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OllieNYY
    Girardi Must Go...
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by clipper View Post
    I want Brian's job. Now, we don't have a replacement for Kuroda (our #2)!!! Pineda? (heard he will not be ready Opening Day) 16 wins, 220 innings, 3.32 era (those are sweet), etc. This was a gamble with Nova.
    Last I heard on Twitter, we lost Pineda for 2013 (hope thats not true)
    Huge Yankees & Mike Mussina Fan

Check Out My Youtube Channel For More Of My Yankees Collection

Check Out My MLB 2K11 Yankees Franchise

Comment

• Blue387
      Ya gotta believe
      • Jul 2010

What do you think about free agent Edwin Jackson?
      The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• White Knight
        Join Zap!
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by OllieNYY View Post
        Last I heard on Twitter, we lost Pineda for 2013 (hope thats not true)
        What, any link? I heard May or June, but that was last month.
        Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

Comment

• OllieNYY
          Girardi Must Go...
          • Sep 2009

From the Sporting News. Looks like they are just expecting him not to be back...

Huge Yankees & Mike Mussina Fan

Check Out My Youtube Channel For More Of My Yankees Collection

Check Out My MLB 2K11 Yankees Franchise

Comment

• clipper
            Proud to be a Yankee Fan
            • Oct 2006

From the Sporting News. Looks like they are just expecting him not to be back...

http://aol.sportingnews.com/mlb/stor...-2013-rotation
            This is greatnews!!! Starting to look like a Pavano move (I firmly believe Seattle knew there was a problem) and we lost a catcher (Montero) to boot (BoSox got Ross for 2 years/6 M - Brian will probably give Martin 3 yrs (he turn it down thankfully)/30M and I think Ross is better and Salty had a better year) I can't take all this good news. I think the plan is the draft picks.

Comment

• White Knight
              Join Zap!
              • Jul 2007

Yeah, we'll be unstoppable in 2020.
              Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

Comment

• quagmire
                • Jan 2010

http://aol.sportingnews.com/mlb/stor...-2013-rotation
                It's not that they don't expect him to be back, but that the Yanks should approach building their pitching staff as if they won't have him back or not to expect to get much out of him for 2013. It's a smart approach which Cashman seems to be doing anyway. I don't think Cashman even sees him as a starter right now. I have heard talk that he will go to the bullpen when he returns around June.

Comment

• NJYankeeFan
                  • Dec 2008

I want Brian's job. Now, we don't have a replacement for Kuroda (our #2)!!! Pineda? (heard he will not be ready Opening Day) 16 wins, 220 innings, 3.32 era (those are sweet), etc. This was a gamble with Nova.
                  They made him a qualifying offer? What would you have had them do?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• NJYankeeFan
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
                    What do you think about free agent Edwin Jackson?
                    Phil Hughes in three years.

Comment

• clipper
                      Proud to be a Yankee Fan
                      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by NJYankeeFan View Post
                      They made him a qualifying offer? What would you have had them do?

HUH?? Am I missing something? They give qualifying offers so they get compensated by the other team (draft picks). That's the way it is. If you want someone you give them another contract. I would have given Kuroda 2 years because he was solid last year. (I just don't know why) Obviously, Brian did not want him back and is taking the compensation.

Heard we are looking at Napoli. That would be a nice upgrade.

Comment

• NJYankeeFan
                        • Dec 2008

HUH?? Am I missing something? They give qualifying offers so they get compensated by the other team (draft picks). That's the way it is. If you want someone you give them another contract. I would have given Kuroda 2 years because he was solid last year. (I just don't know why) Obviously, Brian did not want him back and is taking the compensation.

Heard we are looking at Napoli. That would be a nice upgrade.
                        No. A qualifying offer is an offer. And it is an offer with a nice raise.
                        A two year deal for a 38 year old pitcher who just pitched the most innings in his career and is showing signs of wear would be foolish when you need to cut salary in 2014.

Napoli would be a massive downgrade. Barely a better hitter and a horrific, Posada-esque defender. Must be a ruse to get leverage with Martin.

Comment

• clipper
                          Proud to be a Yankee Fan
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by NJYankeeFan View Post
                          No. A qualifying offer is an offer. And it is an offer with a nice raise.
                          A two year deal for a 38 year old pitcher who just pitched the most innings in his career and is showing signs of wear would be foolish when you need to cut salary in 2014.

Napoli would be a massive downgrade. Barely a better hitter and a horrific, Posada-esque defender. Must be a ruse to get leverage with Martin.

Yes, Brian did want to give Kuroda 2 years so I hope this works out. (CC, Hughes, Nova, Phelps, maybe Andy) Napoli may be leverage but Martin has been a no show in season and especially in post season. We need a change and I don't feel this is a downgrade. Napoli can split time with Steward until Romine get called up.

Comment

• NJYankeeFan
                            • Dec 2008

Yes, Brian did want to give Kuroda 2 years so I hope this works out. (CC, Hughes, Nova, Phelps, maybe Andy) Napoli may be leverage but Martin has been a no show in season and especially in post season. We need a change and I don't feel this is a downgrade. Napoli can split time with Steward until Romine get called up.
                            I have not heard about Cashman giving Kuroda two years. Might work out but could be a big commitment when you need to make cuts. On the other hand you will likely lose Pettite and Hughes by then. Still a CC, Pineda, Nova, Phelps front four might be fine.

With catcher, defense counts. Napoli is very bad. He cost his team 24 runs with pitch framing alone. His throwing is i believe around 20%. Those are Posada numbers. And his offense does not justify it.

Martin was one of the best catchers in baseball last year. He is very underwater. Even if he is a fairly weak hitter. He still gets on base.

Comment

• The Monument
                              • Feb 2007

Martin is very underwater?!? As in sunk? Or in over his head? Please explain.
                              Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Comment

• NJYankeeFan
                                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by The Monument View Post
                                Martin is very underwater?!? As in sunk? Or in over his head? Please explain.
                                Underrated. Hate auto correct. Factoring in defense he was one of the best catchers.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X