Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 1982 Rookie Draft

Quote Originally Posted by leecemark View Post
    --I will take the deal Ed. Barojas and Wright plus your 54th pick in this draft for the Knights 1988 first rounder.
    Heres hoping The Knights have a HORRIBLE 1987
    There are 10 kinds of people. Those who get binary and those who don't.

--This deal is a bit of a departure from my usual MO and all about 83. I'm hoping to put one last contender (for awhile anyway) before I'm forced to go into rebuilding mode (Gary Carter is the only Knight under contract for 84 who has any business starting for a contender). Wright will play CF and Barojas will be closer next year and hopefully the other 3rd rounder will help either this year or next.
    --Wright has an odd career. He held his own as a rookie playing everyday in 1982, although he is just a weak side platoon guy in this league, and was a 3 WAR player in 1983as a 23 year old. Then by age 25 he is a -4 WAR player (!!!) headed for a different line of work. I remember him talked up as a future star back when he first broke in, but that sure didn't work out for him.

Quote Originally Posted by buppers View Post
    Heres hoping The Knights have a HORRIBLE 1987
    --Well I'm hoping I'm on the other side of my rebuilding project by then or I'll really be bumming for that draft.

With the 42nd selection in the 1982 first year player draft the Hard Cider select:
    ed_nunez_autograph.jpg
    RP-Ed Nunez

Quote Originally Posted by jaybird_1981 View Post
    With the 42nd selection in the 1982 first year player draft the Hard Cider select:
    RP-Ed Nunez
    How did I know he wouldn't make it to me? Another good fit for the Legends. Oh well. This isn't the guy I intended to take here, but he does offer the most PAs and best resign value, so I'll take:

ron-kittle-chicago-white-sox-autographed-photograph-roy-inscription-3358275.jpg

RON KITTLE
    You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

With the 44th selection in the 1982 first year player draft the Hard Cider select:
    mike_mason_autograph.jpg
    SP-Mike Mason

Quote Originally Posted by jaybird_1981 View Post
    With the 44th selection in the 1982 first year player draft the Hard Cider select:
    SP-Mike Mason
    He's the guy I planned on drafting until I decided to take Kittle instead. The best of what's left, which isn't saying an awful lot.

With pick #45, the Lumberjaxx will take:

a20791712a29f3ff5e9411_m.jpg

BILL SCHERRER, PITCHER
    Last edited by catcher24; 11-07-2012 at 06:50 PM.
    You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

The Corsairs select RP Jim Gott

With the 47th pick in the 1982 draft, the Maloy Boys select OF Carmelo Castillo.
    Dan
    CKL - Maloy Boys
    P2PKL - Detroit Tigers

The Lumberjaxx are looking to the future with this pick.

BT1990328.jpg

DOUG JONES, PITCHER

With the first pick in the fourth round the Dust Bunnies select Brad Lesley
    Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Brad "the Animal" Lesley is pretty awesome out of the pen this year and I had my eye on him this round. If his career wasn't limited to 40 IP this year he would have been the Corsairs pick last round.

Chicago - The town that the World Series forgot
    As was corrected in the TIDP thread, the Thunder do own their 4th round pick this year. And the Thunder use that pick to select Duane Walker.
    "I will calmly wait for my induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame."
    - Sammy Sosa

"Get a comfy chair, Sammy, cause its gonna be a long wait."
    - Craig Ashley (AKA Windy City Fan)

--The attached rosters should be accurate up through the 1st pick of the 4th round. If their is an error on your roster please get me the correct information ASAP. I would like to have the data base error free before we kick off the free agent auction tomorrow. I'll post an updated free agent list in that thread before bed tonight.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Chicago - The town that the World Series forgot
    The Tyrants are missing Tim Wallach and Storm Davis.
    "I will calmly wait for my induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame."
    - Sammy Sosa

"Get a comfy chair, Sammy, cause its gonna be a long wait."
    - Craig Ashley (AKA Windy City Fan)

Quote Originally Posted by leecemark View Post
    --The attached rosters should be accurate up through the 1st pick of the 4th round. If their is an error on your roster please get me the correct information ASAP. I would like to have the data base error free before we kick off the free agent auction tomorrow. I'll post an updated free agent list in that thread before bed tonight.
    Badgers roster OK
    There are 10 kinds of people. Those who get binary and those who don't.

Maloy Boys roster is okay.
    Dan
    CKL - Maloy Boys
    P2PKL - Detroit Tigers

The Skipjacks are missing Mark Davis, but he doesn't play this season so we're good.

Dust Bunny roster looks good. Jack

Tim Wallach should be on the Tyrants not the Iron.

Ed Nunez should be on the Hard Cider not the Iron and I need a placeholder for Brook Jacoby on the Hard Cider.

With the next pick skipped, the Skipjacks announce a deal with the Iron, trading up from their 4th round selection, and giving up their 4th round pick in 1983.

Please confirm.

-sigh-

Well, jaybird just logged off so I'll have to make the pick and hope he gets back in time:

Chico Escarrega

I fear we will not be able to finish Round 4 before 9:00 EST tomorrow. Even though I have no picks left, I think it's very unfortunate that some owners may not be able to make a 4th round rookie pick. Yes, I know, tghey could select a rookie in the FA draft. But that rookie could also be picked up by someone else. I'm not sure what to recommended change we make, if any. I would be very disappointed if I had a player I wanted and the draft were cut short before I had a chance to select him. Just my two cents worth.

Jack

--I addressed this earlier. If there are still outstanding picks in the draft when the auction starts then players eligible for the rookie draft may not be bid on until all picks have been made. Even if we max out the clock on every pick for the rest of the draft it will be over before the first signing deadline. No one will lose a pick, excepting perhaps a make up not made before the end of the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Windy City Fan View Post
    As was corrected in the TIDP thread, the Thunder do own their 4th round pick this year. And the Thunder use that pick to select Duane Walker.
    I was crossing my fingers that Walker would manage to drop to one of the Legends three picks this round. No such luck; that old finger crossing routine don't work any better now than it did for me 50 years ago....

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast