Saturday, December 15 (9PM EST): 250K bid phase begins
    Sunday, December 16 (8PM EST): first phase signings announced
    Sunday, December 16 (9PM EST): 500K bid phase begins
    Monday, December 17 (8 PM EST): second phase signings announced
    Monday, December 17 (9PM EST): 1M bid phase begins
    Wednesday, December 19 (8PM EST): fourth phase signings anounced
    Sunday, December 23 (9PM EST):Blind Bids due for final round of Free Agency
    Sunday, December 23(10PM EST): free signing period for any team under 40
    Saturday, December 29 (midnight EST): deadline for submitting Opening Day profile
    Sunday, December 30: Opening Day
    Last edited by rmadachik; 11-29-2012, 11:37 AM.
    Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything. ~Toby Harrah
  • BigRon
    • Jan 2009

Serious question: Ed Delahanty died sometime between June 26 and July 02 (almost surely June 26) 1903. Can I use him during the full 1903 season (within PA constraints) or can I use him only until around those dates? Obviously my preference would be to have flexibility over the full season. What do you think?

Comment

• rmadachik
      • Mar 2010

The date of his death has no impact on when you can use him. You are only bound by his plate appearances and can use him at 130% as you see fit.
      Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything. ~Toby Harrah

Comment

• BigRon
        • Jan 2009

What is the last season 130% will be used? Will we then go immediately to 100% or will we ramp down?

Comment

• rmadachik
          • Mar 2010

This will be the last season at 130% . . . 1904 will be at 120% and 1905 will be at 110% which is where we will stay.

Comment

• rmadachik
            • Mar 2010

Joel - as the runner up this year you will be responsible for conducting the draft lottery. Here are the ticket distributions for the lottery

Anaheim - 10 tickets
            Richmond - 7 tickets
            Tennessee - 5 tickets
            Cleveland - via Detroit - 2 tickets

Comment

• Wade8813
              The Dark Knight = Amazing
              • Jul 2006

Anaheim
              Tennessee
              Richmond
              Cleveland - via Detroit
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Comment

• catcher24
                The Tools of Ignorance
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by rmadachik View Post
                This will be the last season at 130% . . . 1904 will be at 120% and 1905 will be at 110% which is where we will stay.
                We may want to do something in regards to roster expansion by 1905 then, too. I'm not sure 32 man rosters at only 110% usage will be enough. Just my two cents.
                You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

• catcher24
                  The Tools of Ignorance
                  • Feb 2004

The Express appear to be headed for a rather dismal season, and when I received the 1903 DB from Rich I discovered that I have three guys who play right field and no other position. Therefore, the following players are available for trade. I am looking for draft picks in exchange, but would consider another player who could fill a need.
                  Bill Keister, rf: 135 OPS+ in 1903, then retires. Salary 5M.
                  Patsy Donovan, rf: 116 OPS+ in 1903, then becomes a FA. Salary 3M.
                  Vic Willis, sp: 107 ERA+ in 1903 in 278 IP; 97/350 in 04; 96/342 in 05; 155/322 in 06 then a FA. Salary 8M.
                  Red Donohue, sp: 111 ERA+ in 1903 in 268 IP, then a FA. Salary 7M.

Not many other players on the roster, but if one really interests you I'd listen to an offer.
                  You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

• catcher24
                    The Tools of Ignorance
                    • Feb 2004

I'm playing around with a "homebrew" of 1903. Can't figure out how to combine players stats when they played for 2 teams. The checkbox is grayed out. Anybody have any ideas?
                    Ed posted this over in the 1902 season thread. I didn't have an answer until I started checking that 1903 season myself. It appears that whoever created that season DID NOT INCLUDE AN ENTRY FOR THE PLAYERS OVERALL STATS for any player that was on more than one team. I have Ernie Courtney on my team and when I checked the Organizer, he has entries for his two individual teams but none for his overall season. Hence, when you delete team specific records, you delete the player entirely. I noticed that for at least two other players as well. I think Rich you'll have to create an entry for a player's overall stats for any multi-team players.

Comment

• leecemark
                      • Apr 2004

--I discovered the same thing with Kid Elberfeld for my team. I think Rich has a little more work to do before the database is ready to go. There were 65 team specific records so 30 plus players will need to be created from scratch.

Comment

• rmadachik
                        • Mar 2010

there are several homebrew for 1903 - I am in the process of changing over to one that has the correct player stats for guys who played for more than one team

Comment

• rmadachik
                          • Mar 2010

Well looks like I am ggoing to have to do a lot of data entry to fix the problem of no composite data for players who played for more than one team. Sorry gents but this is going to drag things out a llittle longer than expected this offseason.

Comment

• Sockeye
                            Sunday, May 14, 1978
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by rmadachik View Post
                            Well looks like I am ggoing to have to do a lot of data entry to fix the problem of no composite data for players who played for more than one team. Sorry gents but this is going to drag things out a llittle longer than expected this offseason.
                            It sounds like a lot of work and I for one am greatly appreciative of the time you put in Rich. So I in no way mean to sound dismissive, but while the data is being entered would it be possible for us to start the offseason activities? At least we could post updated rosters and start researching available free agents?
                            My dream ballpark dimensions
                            LF: 400 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
                            RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
                            Location....San Diego

Comment

• BigRon
                              • Jan 2009

As usual, I'm behind the curve. Has Rich posted or sent out 1903 "rookies"? I know we can get them through BB-Ref, but....

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X