Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: November 2012 TTM Successes

November 2012 TTM Successes

Joe Price, former Reds pitcher, in 4 days from his business address...

http://thewritersjourney.wordpress.c...ess-joe-price/

Chris Jones - 3/3 via home address in 21 days. (SCAN1) (SCAN2) (SCAN3)
    Visit my new card scan site at Baseball Card Scans.

View my autograph collection at Mike D's TTM Page.

Jeff Russell -1/1 via home address in 527 days. Sent in May, 2011! (SCAN)

Former Reds manager Russ Nixon, 53 days via home address.

http://thewritersjourney.wordpress.c...ss-russ-nixon/

Dave Heaverlo 1/1 via home
    Jim Rushford 1/1 via home

Steve Renko-1/1 c/o Home in 8 days, 81 Topps in black sharpie.
    Yankees' payroll: $250 millions
    Marlins' payroll: $50 millions
    Marlins winning The Series: Priceless

"Visiting Americans love going to Cuban games because with no free agency, no franchise movement and no owners blackmailing cities for new stadiums, it all smacks of 1950's America, ignoring the inconvenient fact that such a fantasyland is only possible in a dictatorship"-S.L. Price

Jerry White (Former Expo) - 1/2 Custom Photo (offered 1, sent 1 back unsigned, 1 back signed) c/o home - 56 days.

Curt Simmons-1/1 c/o Home in 8 days, 60 Topps in blue sharpie.

"Visiting Americans love going to Cuban games because with no free agency, no franchise movement and no owners blackmailing cities for new stadiums, it all smacks of 1950's America, ignoring the inconvenient fact that such a fantasyland is only possible in a dictatorship"-S.L. Price

Another former Red in the house today. Wade Rowdon on a 1985 Donruss baseball card in a whopping 653 days in black Sharpie at his residence. I thought this one was gone!

Quote Originally Posted by MelkyCabreraFan View Post
    What did he sign for you? I knew him from when I worked for the Tucson Toros a few years ago and he was our DH. Cool guy.
    WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Quote Originally Posted by Zito75 View Post
    What did he sign for you? I knew him from when I worked for the Tucson Toros a few years ago and he was our DH. Cool guy.
    He signed a 2002 Upper Deck Victory

Quote Originally Posted by icee82 View Post
    Another former Red in the house today. Wade Rowdon on a 1985 Donruss baseball card in a whopping 653 days in black Sharpie at his residence. I thought this one was gone!

Wow. It's amazing that he still had it and mailed it back to you. Gives me hope (just a little) for a few that I sent off last year that haven't come home yet.

Former Reds catcher Alan Knicely, 3/3, home address. After one failure to an old PO Box (RTS), I sent it off again to another address I found and got it back in just ten days.

http://thewritersjourney.wordpress.c...-alan-knicely/

Quote Originally Posted by hairmetalfreek View Post
    Wow. It's amazing that he still had it and mailed it back to you. Gives me hope (just a little) for a few that I sent off last year that haven't come home yet.
    I think both of us are working on a very similar project. I had really given up on Rowdon because of the length of time. I received a card back on Knicely after a very long period of time as well. I am getting ready to work on a project on the 1985 team which is going to be very difficult but hey that's what makes it fun!!!

Steve Trachsel-1/1 c/o Home in 15 days, 03 Topps in blue sharpie.

A huge day at the mailbox today with a bunch of the Reds' former players. Bill Plummer on an OMLB on the sweet spot in blue ink in 124 days at his residence. Joe Gaines on an OMLB on the sweet spot in blue ink in 8 days at his residence. Johnny Edwards on an 8 X 11 Upper Deck numbered card Cincinnati Reds Heroes vs. World Series Heroes in blue Sharpie in 8 days at his residence. Chuck Kress on an 8 X 11 photograph in 8 days at his residence. Sammy Ellis on a 1966 Topps baseball card in blue Sharpie in 8 days at his residence. Marty Keough on a 1964 Topps baseball card in 8 days at his residence.

Quote Originally Posted by MelkyCabreraFan View Post
    He signed a 2002 Upper Deck Victory
    Cool. Last I heard, he was driving a truck in a copper mine.
    WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Quote Originally Posted by icee82 View Post
    I think both of us are working on a very similar project. I had really given up on Rowdon because of the length of time. I received a card back on Knicely after a very long period of time as well. I am getting ready to work on a project on the 1985 team which is going to be very difficult but hey that's what makes it fun!!!
    1984 Topps Reds and 1985 Donruss Reds are my focuses right now, but I know there will be a few near-impossible gets there. Bench, Concepcion, Cedeno. Those will probably be the toughest, at least at the right price.

Eddie Kasko, 2/1 via home address in 11 days. Signed my 1962 Topps card and included a b&w 4x6 photo in the return as well.

http://thewritersjourney.wordpress.c...s-eddie-kasko/

Al Bumbry-2/1 c/o Home in 34 days , he signed the 83 Topps I sent, and included a personalized and inscribed(# 1 Orioles, 1973 ROY) postcard in black sharpie.

Still catching up from the last week or so, but wanted to post an interesting one:

Roger McDowell - 1/1 c/o Atlanta Braves. This request had been sent in April of 2008! (SCAN)
    Last edited by Mike D.; 11-18-2012 at 01:00 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast