Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Big Marlins-Blue Jays Trade

Quote Originally Posted by Rich the Giants fan View Post
    No, I'm sure he'd rather be out on the West Coast, say near the Bay with the World Champs.
    The Giants won the World Championship without Giancarlo Stanton; Why ruin a good thing by taking part in another Marlins fire sale.
    Holding a pitcher accountable for how many runs his team scores is like holding the designated hitter accountable for how many runs his team allows.

An individual statistic is meaningful only if it is based strictly on what the player does and not on what the other players on his team do.

Quote Originally Posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
    If you put it that way and your probably right maybe the Marlins did a smart move.
    It doesn't make any difference to the Marlins how well the Blue Jays do with the new players. Well, on second thought, if the Blue Jays steal the division from the Yankees & Rays, then every team is going to be lining up for another Marlins fire sale.
    Holding a pitcher accountable for how many runs his team scores is like holding the designated hitter accountable for how many runs his team allows.

An individual statistic is meaningful only if it is based strictly on what the player does and not on what the other players on his team do.

Blog Entries
    The wrong Florida team has a new stadium.
    Using a stolen chant from Boston Celtics fans whenever an L.A. team is playing up there just reeks of inferiority complex.

If hitting a baseball is the toughest thing to do in sports, then pitching must be the easiest thing to do in sports.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderPressure View Post
    The wrong Florida team has a new stadium.
    Totally agree for once.

Blog Entries
    You agree because it suits your agenda. It's great to be unbiased.
    Using a stolen chant from Boston Celtics fans whenever an L.A. team is playing up there just reeks of inferiority complex.

If hitting a baseball is the toughest thing to do in sports, then pitching must be the easiest thing to do in sports.

You agree because it suits your agenda. It's great to be unbiased.
    Hmmmmm I have an agenda? lol ok

Quote Originally Posted by BiZmaRK View Post
    The Giants won the World Championship without Giancarlo Stanton; Why ruin a good thing by taking part in another Marlins fire sale.
    Cody Ross was given to the Giants on a waiver claim by the Marlins because they wanted to save money. He was the NLCS MVP.
    San Francisco Giants, World Series Champions in 2010 and 2012

Fire Bam Bam! Hire The Thrill!!

Don't worry the Giants don't have to prospects to trade for Stanton.
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

http://sfgiants-forum.com/forum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
    Don't worry the Giants don't have to prospects to trade for Stanton.
    I'd bet the Giants do have sufficient prospects to trade for Stanton.

I'd bet the Giants do have sufficient prospects to trade for Stanton.
    Especially when it seems like the Marlins are taking wet dollar bills in trade for their players.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    Especially when it seems like the Marlins are taking wet dollar bills in trade for their players.
    I start with a six pack and see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    Those players were expensive. Stanton is cheap this year. Next year he becomes arbitration eligible and will earn 8mm or more. That is when he will be traded.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Joke heard yeaterday:

The Marlins have announced a trade: they traded the Marlins
    1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
    2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://somgamersparadiseforum.smfforfree4.com/index.php

Wasn't their new park publicly funded? What a waste of tax payers' money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich the Giants fan View Post
    If I'm in the City of Miami government, I'm looking for ways to sue the Marlins.
    Wanna see how these things are really done? You can see step by step how these things get done by following the link and reading from post 17 on.

http://www.baseball-fever.com/showth...59#post1441559

You'll be suprised at how many hands are really in the cookie jar.

I can't believe that this franchise has won two WS. Are they the worst franchise to win 2 WS titles (in the last 30 years or so)?
    I think walks are overrated unless you can run. If you get a walk and put the pitcher in a stretch, that helps, but the guy who walks and cant run, most of the time hes clogging up the bases for somebody who can run. Dusty Baker.

Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    I can't believe that this franchise has won two WS. Are they the worst franchise to win 2 WS titles (in the last 30 years or so)?
    As a cubs fan at least the marlins have won two in the last 15 years...it seems like the cubs do ths same thing minus the winning

Quote Originally Posted by Cap78 View Post
    As a cubs fan at least the marlins have won two in the last 15 years...it seems like the cubs do ths same thing minus the winning
    There's a theory out there that all the afternoon games the Cubs play affect their ability to compete

And Miami is the team in Fl with WS Rings -_____-

Quote Originally Posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
    And Miami is the team in Fl with WS Rings -_____-
    One thing that I still find crazy is that the Marlins have two World Series' in 20 years of existence, but have yet to win their division. The Rays have done that at least.

Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    The playoffs are for entertainment more than determining the best team.

If they had to play the Giants in a best-of-11 over two weeks and the entire rotation mattered, I doubt they'd win 6 of those games. And of course the Cubs choked.
    (fantasy football)
    JM: Only did that for a couple of years and then we had a conspiracy so it kind of turned me sour. Our league's commissioner, Lew Ford(notes) at the time, was doing some shady things that ... I'd rather not talk about [laughs].
    DB: Isn't he in Japan right now?
    JM: I don't know where Lou is right now. He's probably fleeing the authorities [laughs].

This trade is made even more interesting with AA hiring John Gibbons as manager. Gibby did ok in his first go-round, posting an even .500 record despite having not much in the way of a pitching staff or an offense. Yes, he had a dust-up with Shea Hillenbrand, but that was all on Hillenbrand, as he wasn't much of a team player anyhow. I see Gibby's no-nonsense managerial style as a good thing which should help straighten out guys like Lawrie and Rasmus. Having Joey Bats back as a leader in the dugout will also help with the young guys. Lawrie in particular was simply lost when Bautista was off rehabbing his injury last year. Gibbons also did well with his pitching staff, even managing to get good starts out of Josh Towers and Gustavo Chacin, for crying out loud. He should have a blast with Buehrle, JJ, Morrow and Romero.

I am definitely looking forward to next season, this is going to be fun. I only hope the right Ricky Romero shows up next year.

How many days until Spring Training?
    "I can see how he won twenty-five games. What I don't understand is how he lost five." - Yogi Berra on Sandy Koufax's 1963 season.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234