Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Alamodome - San Antonio TX

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    Attendance picked up a bit Saturday, 27,255 turned out for Astros/Rangers Round 2, bringing the 2 game total to 49,932, far below the Stade Olympique totals.
    That's kind of loaded, this town never had a pro team, they had 2 games here last year, the astros aren't that good, and the Rangers are sliding back. Montreal hasn't had baseball in 10 years after having it for almost 30 years.
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy114 View Post
    That's kind of loaded, this town never had a pro team, they had 2 games here last year, the astros aren't that good, and the Rangers are sliding back. Montreal hasn't had baseball in 10 years after having it for almost 30 years.
    I've read several members of the local media state that the attendance was disappointing. The Mets and Blue Jays are both terrible teams and the Expos existed for 36 seasons. The Rangers sliding back? I don't know about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    I've read several members of the local media state that the attendance was disappointing. The Mets and Blue Jays are both terrible teams and the Expos existed for 36 seasons. The Rangers sliding back? I don't know about that.
    I guess my point was more that at least Montreal has a baseball past and misses baseball, whereas San Antonio has no baseball past so has no real reason to recapture lost emotions.
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567