Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 60 of 60

Thread: Roster Thread: Stock team draft league with parameters

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Far NE Philadelphia
    Posts
    5,616
    This is virtually impossible to vote on. Vote for a mid-level team with selections to make them decent? Or go with the superstar team only getting more superstars. I liked the premise, but the backend is too subjective imo, and basically will be a runaway by whomever simply took the best team to work with.

    As so far as a sim, I have OOTP, but cannot figure out how to add players & teams and such. If anybody can help, it'd be much appreciated.
    "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    5,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Grimm View Post
    This is virtually impossible to vote on. Vote for a mid-level team with selections to make them decent? Or go with the superstar team only getting more superstars. I liked the premise, but the backend is too subjective imo, and basically will be a runaway by whomever simply took the best team to work with.

    As so far as a sim, I have OOTP, but cannot figure out how to add players & teams and such. If anybody can help, it'd be much appreciated.
    I think the 1931 A's win it....kidding, yeah its pretty tough to vote for this one.
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

    "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Far NE Philadelphia
    Posts
    5,616
    Quote Originally Posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
    I think the 1931 A's win it....kidding, yeah its pretty tough to vote for this one.
    It's more than tough IMO. It's way too subjective as to what one wants to look at as a voter.

    If I simply vote based on best teams overall, I get one result. If I vote on creativity, problem solving and such it's the absolute opposite.

    On a 1-7 scale, that's 28 maximum points available. I give every team a 4 and call it a tie and just some fun to do during a slow period.
    "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Far NE Philadelphia
    Posts
    5,616
    Ohh. I just thought of something that could have been really sweet in doing this. Remember when we selected draft slots? What if, instead of selecting where to draft, each team would get a random team who they'd choose a franchise for? Maybe I had the #1 selection with ChiSox as the team I need to find a franchise in which he has to improve. Maybe as the #1 pick I give him the '62 Mets to work with....?

    That to me would be interesting becuase we'd all likely start with dogmeat teams and try to make them viable. But hindsight is always 20/20.

    If I had to give a team to Johnny Shoes, it'd be a light-hitting, heavy-pitching team lol.
    "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    5,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Grimm View Post
    It's more than tough IMO. It's way too subjective as to what one wants to look at as a voter.

    If I simply vote based on best teams overall, I get one result. If I vote on creativity, problem solving and such it's the absolute opposite.

    On a 1-7 scale, that's 28 maximum points available. I give every team a 4 and call it a tie and just some fun to do during a slow period.
    Yeah I have no problem with that, hopefully this draft didn't burn anyone out if we do a original type draft.
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

    "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Far NE Philadelphia
    Posts
    5,616
    Quote Originally Posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
    Yeah I have no problem with that, hopefully this draft didn't burn anyone out if we do a original type draft.
    Won't burn me out. I'm always up for a draft - especially now that it's getting colder.
    "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    5,300
    It may have been easier to choose if we were only able to choose only last place teams with the same guidelines.
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

    "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Far NE Philadelphia
    Posts
    5,616
    Quote Originally Posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
    It may have been easier to choose if we were only able to choose only last place teams with the same guidelines.
    Or we go by what I mentioned above and I get to give you the 1970 chisox!!!!!!!! lol
    "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    5,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Grimm View Post
    Or we go by what I mentioned above and I get to give you the 1970 chisox!!!!!!!! lol
    I think I would be giving you the 1961 Phillies. Maybe the 42 Phillies.
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

    "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

  10. #60
    I think it's very simple- we just didn't have anybody to drive us to the finish line. If Roy could have stayed around, we'd have our winners by now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •