Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 1982 Season Thread

--Tonight's games featured interdivisional matchups with the Johnson teams all taking their series from the Hulbert and the Chadwick teams all doing the same to the Cartwright.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The Skipjacks announce a trade with the Corsairs, sending SP Larry Gura along with the 3rd round pick in 1984 originally belonging to the Thunder, for SP Dick Ruthven and RP Vincente Romo.

Please confirm Mark, and if you do put Ruthven in place of Gura in the rotation and Romo in the minors.

The Skipjacks will clear 500k of cap space in the deal.

Corsairs confirm.

--Things tighten up a bit with 3 divisions havign 3 teams within 3 games of each other. The Johnson isn't quite as close, but the pre-season favorite Dust Bunnies took their series from the Knights tonight - perhaps they are finally getting going.

--The Legends and Iron sweep tonight's series allowing both to vault into the kead of their divisions. Valenzula continues to shine for the Legends, with 7 wins to his credit before the middle of May.

Mark please activate Bill Laskey for the Iron and farm out Stoddard and place Laskey back in the Stoddards spot in the rotation.

Please insert Pastore for Niekro. What a farce this injury generator is. A pitcher starting 35 games and pitching over 230 innings rated as injury prone.
    Illegitimi Non Carborundum

--The sole criteria for receiving a prone rating is whether or not a player was on the DL at some point of the season. Apparently Neikro managed to get all those innings even with a DL stint.

Quote Originally Posted by leecemark View Post
    --The sole criteria for receiving a prone rating is whether or not a player was on the DL at some point of the season. Apparently Neikro managed to get all those innings even with a DL stint.
    I never knew that. What happened in the years before the DL?

--I don't know, but that is how they program the modern seasons. When was the DL created?

--I don't know, but that is how they program the modern seasons. When was the DL created?
    I actually don't know I would guess the 70s.

--Pretty sure it was before that. It was around from the time I started following the game in the late-60s. DiamondMind was created in the 80s and the programing was based on how things worked at that time (of course updated since). They later backtracked and created seasons back as far as (I think ) 1927.
    --The seasons older than that were created by enterprising DMB fans and what criteria they may have used would be up to them, although I assume they tried to follow official DMB standards as much as possible. I believe the 1903 season we are using had all players injury rated as normal.

Yeah, the official DM created seasons got back to 1927 before the company basically gave up on the DM game to concentrate on their online games and sims.
    You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

--Anybody looking to shore up a weak spot the Corsairs still have plenty of talent available. All these guys are making 5M or less and can be had for a draft pick or a young player who will offer similar value in 84 or 85;
    C Carlton Fisk
    LF Steve Kemp
    1B/CF Cesar Cedeno
    SP Larry Gura
    2B Jim Gantner
    UTl Jerry Royster
    and pretty much any of our relief pitchers

--The Legends and Iron sweep tonight's series allowing both to vault into the kead of their divisions. Valenzula continues to shine for the Legends, with 7 wins to his credit before the middle of May.
    What would Fernando Mania have looked like in New York, I wonder?

--The Legends are the first Hulbert team to see .500 this season. The Hard Cider move into a tie for first in the Cartwright. The Dust Bunnies have won 5 in a row to climb over .500 and into 2nd in the Johnson.

So the Corsairs have a fire sale and they go 7-3 their last ten games

Starting to get seriously worried about Fergie now. Six weeks into the season and he still hasn't gotten his first win.
    You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

fergie will get his . . . he just wants a little drama
    Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything. ~Toby Harrah

--The Boys make up a game on the Iron in the rugged Chadwick where all 4 teams are above .500. The other 3 division leader extend their leads though.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast