Kingman,dh
    Essian,c
    Herndon,lf
    Hayes,cf
    Molitor,3b
    Perez,1b
    Smith,ss

Thanks!
    You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

--The Skipjacks reach .500 for the first time on the season and claim a share of 1st place in the process. Meanwhile the Legends suffer their 2nd serious injury in as many days.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mark for some reason the latest DB sent out didn't have the signings I made once the season started. Jerry Morales is missing from the Ciders roster and Dave Goltz is missing from the Irons. Once Morales is back on the Cider could you DL Rudy Law and call him up and use him in Rudy Laws lineup spots.

I've seen about all I can take of our pitching staff this year. Farm Greg Harris & Tom Niedenfuer. Call up Pascual Perez & Jerry Reed (hopefully he'll be a gold mine for us, while giving the opponents the shaft) Pascual Perez will replace Pete Falcone in the starting rotation.

Pitching Assignments
    Rotation - 5 Man, skip

SP1: LaMarr Hoyt
    SP2: Vida Blue
    SP3: Pascual Perez
    SP4: Mike Caldwell
    SP5: Ed Whitson

Closer: Steve Bedrosian
    LH Set Up: Bryan Clark, Kevin Hickey
    RH Set Up: Doug Corbett
    Long Relief: Bryan Clark, Jerry Reed
    Mopup: Pete Falcone
    "A ballplayer has to just go out and be mean. You can't play half-heartedly. If you do, there's someone right over your shoulder that'll take your job away. If you don't do your job, what they're paying you for, why should they pay you? You just can't put in eight hours, that's what a lot of people don't realize about athletes. Very few people realize the pressure." Dave Kingman

The Knights sign LHP Jeff Little

--The Boys sweep the Llamas to vault into 1st in the Chadwick. The Legends take their series from the Skipjacks to reclaim sole pocession of the Hulbert lead. The Dust Bunnies edge to within a single game of the struggling Knights.

Please DL Iorg and promote Doran.

Insert Hubbard into Iorg's spot in the lineup vs RHP.

On the depth chart for 2B vs RHP, please change Doran to 33%.
    Dan
    CKL - Maloy Boys
    P2PKL - Detroit Tigers

--We've got 1st place ties in 3 of 4 4 divisions. The Hard Cider are the only team with any kind of comfort zone. The 3rd place teams in the other 3 divisions are actually closer than the 2nd in the Cartwright.

--The Beaver pick up a sweep while the Hard Cider get swept to tighten up what was the biggest divisional gap. The Iron also get a sweep tonight to break tie in the Chadwick.
    --I'm going to run one more series, either tomorrow or Sunday, then take a few days off for Christmas. Definately no games on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.

Some changes to my bullpen:

Spot starter: Mike Stanton
    Mop up: Mike Stanton, Pat Underwood*
    Long man: Gary Lucas*, Mike Stanton
    LH set up: Vincente Romo, Pat Underwood*
    RH set up: Chico Escarrega
    LH closer: Kent Tekulve, Vincente Romo
    RH closer: Kent Tekulve, Chico Escarrega

The Skipjacks are in the market for an additional relief pitcher, must be cheap.

In the meantime, the Skipjacks will sign an old friend, Ed Glynn to the roster. He's got a terrible walk rate but they can't hit him either.

--Last series before Christmas break. No games til the 26th. New file out to DMB owners momentarily and hopefully Lew will have a chance to to get website updated for non-DMB owners in the midst of his holiday. Merry Christmas everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by leecemark View Post
    --Last series before Christmas break. No games til the 26th. New file out to DMB owners momentarily and hopefully Lew will have a chance to to get website updated for non-DMB owners in the midst of his holiday. Merry Christmas everyone.
    It will now be July before Fergie pitches again and he STILL has not won a game three months into the season. I really expected about 15 wins from him this season, based on his numbers. Unfortunately, the Diamond Mind gods have chosen to give Fergie one of the worst season reproductions I have ever seen. Real life stats: 217.1 IP; 1.33 WHIP; 3.15 ERA; 14-15 record. DM stats so far: 91.1 IP; 1.51 WHIP; 5.62 ERA; 0-6 record. I think it was Rich who said he would get his wins, but I sure would like to see just one at this point....
    Last edited by catcher24; 12-23-2012 at 02:11 PM.
    You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

I'm kinda torn on the issue; I want to see Fergie win 300 games but I'm still competing against the Legends.

Either way, you won't have to worry, Fergie is still king of the hill among DMCKL pitchers.

One more signing we can fit under the cap: The Skipjacks sign Enrique Romo who will join his brother Vicente on the team. Decent RH split.

Quote Originally Posted by J W View Post
    I'm kinda torn on the issue; I want to see Fergie win 300 games but I'm still competing against the Legends.

Either way, you won't have to worry, Fergie is still king of the hill among DMCKL pitchers.
    True, but to be so close to 300 and have what seemed like a sure thing suddenly get a little precarious is very frustrating. This is a season when Fergie won 14 games for a pretty poor Cubs team. I figured he could easily win 8 with a fairly competitive Legends team. I understand there is still a lot of season (60%) left, but to be into July by the time he starts again with no wins at all just seems incredible.

To all my friends at CKL (and it's sure hard to believe this is now a 7+ year project), especially the two I've been with from the beginning, Jason Woollet and our marvelous Commissioner Mark Leece -

MERRY CHRISTMAS

And remember the reason for the season!

vs RHP

1. CF: Miguel Dilone (DR Wilson)
    6. 3B: Carney Lansford
    5. LF: John Lowenstein
    3. RF: Fred Lynn
    4. DH: Cecil Cooper
    8. SS: Tim Foli
    7. 2B: Frank White
    2. 1B: Bill Buckner
    9. C: Luis Pujols
    PH vs RHP: Willie Wilson
    PH vs LHP: Jim Sundberg
    PR: Willie Wilson

VS LHP

1. SS: Tim Foli
    2. 2B: Frank White
    3. DH: Cecil Cooper
    4. C: Jim Sundberg
    5. 1B: Bill Buckner
    6. CF: Willie Wilson
    7. 3B: Carney Lansford
    8. RF: Fred Lynn
    9. LF: Ruppert Jones
    PH vs RHP: John Lowenstein
    PH vs LHP: Miguel Dilone
    PR: Miguel Dilone
    "A ballplayer has to just go out and be mean. You can't play half-heartedly. If you do, there's someone right over your shoulder that'll take your job away. If you don't do your job, what they're paying you for, why should they pay you? You just can't put in eight hours, that's what a lot of people don't realize about athletes. Very few people realize the pressure." Dave Kingman

--The Jaxx have won 8 of 10 to surge from the Cartwright cellar to a tie for 2nd place - just 4 games back of the Hard Cider who have lost 8 of 10. The Dust Bunnies are the league's hottest team, winning 9 of 10, adding another game to their lead in the Johnson.

--Happy 4th of July !. the Iron sweep the Llamas to open up a 7 game lead in the Chadwick. The other Jaybird Inc entry, the Hard Cider, has the second biggest lead at 4 games, giving Jason a little something extra to clebrate for his birthday tomorrow.

Please place Don Money on the 15-day DL and call up Wally Backman:

Lineup vs. RHP

1) 1B - Rod Carew* (Money)
    2) LF - Tom Paciorek (Brett* 30%, Biittner* 20%)
    3) 3B - George Brett* (Garner)
    4) DH - Richie Zisk (Paciorek 10%)
    5) CF - Dwayne Murphy* (Maddox)
    6) RF - Al Cowens (Biittner* 20%)
    7) 2B - Phil Garner (Backman#)
    8) C - Tim Laudner (Yost 40%)
    9) SS - Tom Brookens (Flannery 20%)

PH vR - Wally Backman#
    PH vL - Garry Maddox

Lineup vs. LHP

1) 1B - Rod Carew* (Biittner*)
    2) LF - Tom Paciorek
    3) 3B - George Brett* (Flannery)
    4) DH - Richie Zisk
    5) RF - Al Cowens (Biittner*)
    6) 2B - Phil Garner (Flannery)
    7) CF - Garry Maddox (Murphy*)
    8) C - Tim Laudner (Yost)
    9) SS - Tom Brookens (Flannery)

PH vR - Larry Biittner*, Dwayne Murphy*
    PH vL - comp control

--the Thunder lost Mark Eichhorn and Donnie Moore to usage today, leaving them only 8 active`pitchers. Craig, if you aren't able to get the pitching adjusted before next series I'll activate the 2 pitchers with the most innings, but assign them no roles.

--Jason celebrates his birthday with series wins for both his division leading clubs.

It has been a good birthday so far and this has made it better!

Mark,

Please move Jim Barr from Spot Starter #4 to Spot Starter #3 and reduce his percentage from 45% to 30%. Thanks.

Jack
    Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast