Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 1982 Season Thread

The Skipjacks announce a deal with the Corsairs: they send closer Kent Tekulve to Emerald City along with the 4th round selection in 1984 originally belonging to the Beavers, for reliever Luis Aponte and utility man Jerry Royster.

If the deal goes through, please assign Aponte to Tekulve's previous role as closer. Royster will stay in the minors until I update my MP.

--I would like to confirm, but unfortunately the deadline has past. Play what you got gentlemen.

--Into August. My contending Knights get swept by my rebuilding Corsairs to lose the division lead. Not the way I'd hoped to start my day .
    Attached Files Attached Files

-Into August. My contending Knights get swept by my rebuilding Corsairs to lose the division lead. Not the way I'd hoped to start my day .
    Don't you hate it when that happens?

I've had that happen with the Legends and Lumberjaxx several times, and going both ways - the team doing poorly sweeps the one contending.

Great to see Fergie doubled his win total, too. Maybe the next two months will be a bit better for him. Sure can't be much worse. His win total for August has now equaled his win total for the entire season to this point.
    You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

The Legends will sign free agent catcher Mike O'Berry to a one year, 250K contract.
    You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

--The Llamas are getting their money's worth out of their new acquisitions, winnign 8 of 10 too close within 3 of the Iron. The KNights reclaim the Johnson lead.

--The Skipjacks have won 8 of 10 to open a 4 game lead in the Hulbert.

It's not looking good for the Legends. The Skipjacks should win this division going away based on the remaining schedule. The Legends remaining schedule is brutal, with only 15 games against sub-.500 teams, and 39 games against teams that would be in the playoffs if the season ended today. The Skipjacks also have 15 games against sub-.500 teams, but only a dozen games against teams that would be in the playoffs.

All I can say is, I hope you're right Lew.

Quote Originally Posted by J W View Post
    All I can say is, I hope you're right Lew.
    When I decided to see what the rest of the Legends schedule looked like, I never expected such a top-heavy schedule. Based on the teams I'll be playing the rest of the way, I'll be happy to finish above .500.

--The Jaxx have a 5 game winning streak and are the hottest of the contending teams. Their Dave Winfield also becomes our the first 100 RBI man of the season. The Corsairs, who I'd like to be fighting for draft position are a league best 8 of their last 10.

Farm Brad Lesley and Tom Hume. Activate Andy Hawkins and Mandy Martz. Replace Hume with Martz throughout. Thanks.

Jack
    Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Corsairs, who I'd like to be fighting for draft position are a league best 8 of their last 10.
    Had that happen so often with the Legends. Go into the season thinking they had a great shot, poor first half, trade away some players because the season is pretty much lost and hoping for a good draft slot, and then they start winning.

Their Dave Winfield also becomes our the first 100 RBI man of the season.
    If the Lumberjaxx manage to stay close, at least in the WC race (only four back), Winfield has to be considered for MVP. He leads the league in HR and RBI at this point, and has been a huge reason for their success - along with a totally unexpected great season from Mike Flanagan.
    Last edited by catcher24; 01-13-2013 at 08:32 AM.

--The Knights knot up the Johnson and the Legends tighten up the Hulbert. The Jaxx are surging, while the Hard Cider are slumping to tighten up the Cartwright. Only the Iron managed to increase their division lead tonight.

Please place Rod Carew on the 15-day DL and call up Terry Francona to take over his duties:

Lineup vs. RHP

1) 1B - Terry Francona* (Money)
    2) LF - Tom Paciorek (Brett* 30%, Biittner* 20%)
    3) 3B - George Brett* (Money 30%)
    4) DH - Richie Zisk (Paciorek 10%)
    5) CF - Dwayne Murphy* (Maddox)
    6) RF - Al Cowens (Biittner* 20%)
    7) 2B - Phil Garner (Flannery)
    8) C - Rick Sweet# (Laudner)
    9) SS - Tom Brookens (Flannery 25%)

PH vR - Don Money
    PH vL - Don Money

Lineup vs. LHP

1) 1B - Terry Francona* (Money 50%)
    2) LF - Tom Paciorek (Brett*)
    3) 3B - George Brett* (Money 10%)
    4) DH - Richie Zisk (Murphy*)
    5) RF - Al Cowens (Biittner*)
    6) 2B - Phil Garner (Money 40%)
    7) CF - Garry Maddox (Murphy*)
    8) C - Tim Laudner (Sweet#)
    9) SS - Tom Brookens (Flannery)

PH vR - Larry Biittner*, Dwayne Murphy*
    PH vL - comp control
    Last edited by J W; 01-14-2013 at 01:39 PM.

--The Legends sweep the Skipjacks to claim the Hulbert lead - and Fergie claims win #3/295 in the process.

--The Knights sign LHP Howard Bailey for the remainder fo the season.

--The Legends sweep the Skipjacks to claim the Hulbert lead - and Fergie claims win #3/295 in the process.
    I certainly never expected to take five of six from the Jacks. Maybe there's hope yet! I'm hoping Fernando is back on track, and that Fergie is finally on the track. That would certainly help.

The Lumberjaxx would be putting a lot more pressure on the Cider too, if Bruce Sutter hadn't blown half as many saves as he's made.....
    Last edited by catcher24; 01-15-2013 at 09:43 AM.

Llamas - Please farm Terry Leach and Terry Harper. Please call up O'malley and Rincon. Also, please remove Mumphrey at 3rd base in my depth charts for lefties and righties
    Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything. ~Toby Harrah

--Llamas get the only sweep of the night as the status quo holds.

--Llamas sweep again and are the only team with any real momentum going

How many games until September callups Mark?

Please DL Mumphrey and call up Reid Nichols in his spot.

Quote Originally Posted by J W View Post
    How many games until September callups Mark?
    --Only one series left in August. I'll pause for 48 hours after tonight's games for contenders to submit their prospective playoff rosters and everyone to submit callups and lineup adjustments. If there is somebody you want playoff eligible they either need to be called up before midnight EST on Saturday or you need to submit a full playoff eligible roster before then. If you submit a full roster (players must have 100 PA/BF to be eligible) I won't alter your current active roster, I'll just save it for reference when we get to the postseason. If you have players otherwise eligbile who are currently on the DL they will be playoff eligible in addition to the 25 active/listed players.

Knights Projected playoff roster

C: Gary Carter, Steve Yeagher
    1B: Kieth Hernandez
    2B: Steve Sax
    3B: Doug Decinces
    SS: UL Washington
    IF: Bill Almon
    LF: Rufio Linares, Bobby Brown
    CF: Gorman Thomas
    RF: Howard Johnson, Jerry Martin
    DH: Dave Hostelter
    Utl: Joe Lefebvre
    SP: Steve Rogers, John Candelaria, Bruce Berenyi, Al Holland
    RHP: Rollie Finger, Salome Barojas, Dennis Lamp, Dwight Bernand, John Stuper
    LHP: John Martin, Jeff Little
    DL: George Wright and Neil Heaton

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast