Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 327

Thread: 1982 Season Thread

  1. #141
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,922
    Quote Originally Posted by leecemark View Post
    --The Corsairs make a final offer of players. Fisk or Kemp are available to anyone willing to part with a 3rd rounder. Cedeno, Royster, Gura, Hayes, Fryman, Proly, Wright or McClure available for a 4th rounder. Picks in 83-85 acceptable. Post it up and I will confirm.
    The Llamas trade their 1985 3rd round pick and Larry Sorensen to the Corsairs for Steve Kemp provided Mark agrees to add sorensen's 1M salary for this season
    Last edited by rmadachik; 01-06-2013 at 07:53 PM.
    Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything. ~Toby Harrah

  2. #142
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    mariners country
    Posts
    23,570
    its a deal. also, the corsairs are in a position to take on considerable salary if that facilitates other deals

  3. #143
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lima, Ohio
    Posts
    6,338
    Once again the Angels have a number of star players available at the trade deadline.

    SP: Vida Blue 2.25M Contract: 108 ERA+, 1.34 WHIP
    1B: Bill Buckner 4.75M Contract: .306/.342/.441/117 OPS+
    CF: Al Bumbry 0.25K Contract: Solid defensive outfielder (1.3 WAR)
    SP: Mike Caldwell 1.00M Contract: 3.91 ERA, 1.26 WHIP
    1B: Cecil Cooper 10.75M Contract: .307/.341/.508/138 OPS+
    SS: Todd Cruz 0.25K Contract: Excellent Defensive SS (1.3 dWAR)
    LF: Miguel Dilone 0.25K Contract: 33 SB's (only 5 CS)
    SP: Pete Falcone 1.50M Contract: 3.84 ERA, 1.34 WHIP
    SS: Tim Foli 0.25K Contract: Excellent defensive SS (1.8 dWAR)
    3B: Art Howe 0.25K Contract: 1.2 WAR
    CF: Ruppert Jones 7.00M Contract: .283/.373/.425/128 OPS+
    LF: John Lowenstein 11.00M Contract: .320/.415/.602/176 OPS+
    CF: Fred Lynn 10.75M Contract: .299/.374/.517/142 OPS+
    C: Luis Pujols 0.25K Contract: backup catcher with 191 PA's
    1B: Mike Squires 0.25K Contract: .299/.345/.414 against RHP
    C: Jim Sundberg 5.50M Contract: 3.2 WAR (6th best among catchers)
    2B: Frank White 8.50M Contract: 3.4 WAR (5th best among second baseman)
    SP: Ed Whitson 1.00M Contract: 127 ERA+
    CF: Willie Wilson 10.75M Contract: 6.2 WAR, 59 SB's (only 8 CS)

    Looking for draft picks in 83-84 Contact us and we are willing to work with you to get a deal done.
    My dream ballpark dimensions
    LF: 388 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
    RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
    Location....San Diego

  4. #144
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Jamestown NY
    Posts
    9,433
    The Lumberjaxx and Psycho Llamas have reached agreement on a trade.

    The Lumberjaxx will send Larry Christenson, Jerry Reuss and their 4th round draft pick in 1985 to the Llamas. In return, the Lumberjaxx will receive from the Llamas Tom Burgmeier, Rick Manning, Nolan Ryan and the Llamas second round draft pick in 1985.

    Rich will confirm.

    Mark, I'll send out a new MP first thing in the morning. Not sure how soon Rich will be confirming and I'm signing off for tonight.
    You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

  5. #145
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    mariners country
    Posts
    23,570
    --24 hours to the trade deadline if anybody else is looking to make a move. With the Jaxx selling it looks like the 3 playoff teams in the Robinson are virtually set. Five teams fighting for 3 spots in the Ruth.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Once again the Angels have a number of star players available at the trade deadline.

    SP: Vida Blue 2.25M Contract: 108 ERA+, 1.34 WHIP
    1B: Bill Buckner 4.75M Contract: .306/.342/.441/117 OPS+
    CF: Al Bumbry 0.25K Contract: Solid defensive outfielder (1.3 WAR)
    SP: Mike Caldwell 1.00M Contract: 3.91 ERA, 1.26 WHIP
    1B: Cecil Cooper 10.75M Contract: .307/.341/.508/138 OPS+
    SS: Todd Cruz 0.25K Contract: Excellent Defensive SS (1.3 dWAR)
    LF: Miguel Dilone 0.25K Contract: 33 SB's (only 5 CS)
    SP: Pete Falcone 1.50M Contract: 3.84 ERA, 1.34 WHIP
    SS: Tim Foli 0.25K Contract: Excellent defensive SS (1.8 dWAR)
    3B: Art Howe 0.25K Contract: 1.2 WAR
    CF: Ruppert Jones 7.00M Contract: .283/.373/.425/128 OPS+
    LF: John Lowenstein 11.00M Contract: .320/.415/.602/176 OPS+
    CF: Fred Lynn 10.75M Contract: .299/.374/.517/142 OPS+
    C: Luis Pujols 0.25K Contract: backup catcher with 191 PA's
    1B: Mike Squires 0.25K Contract: .299/.345/.414 against RHP
    C: Jim Sundberg 5.50M Contract: 3.2 WAR (6th best among catchers)
    2B: Frank White 8.50M Contract: 3.4 WAR (5th best among second baseman)
    SP: Ed Whitson 1.00M Contract: 127 ERA+
    CF: Willie Wilson 10.75M Contract: 6.2 WAR, 59 SB's (only 8 CS)

    Looking for draft picks in 83-84 Contact us and we are willing to work with you to get a deal done.
    Garry please clear your inbox I am trying to send you a PM.

  7. #147
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,922
    Quote Originally Posted by catcher24 View Post
    The Lumberjaxx and Psycho Llamas have reached agreement on a trade.

    The Lumberjaxx will send Larry Christenson, Jerry Reuss and their 4th round draft pick in 1985 to the Llamas. In return, the Lumberjaxx will receive from the Llamas Tom Burgmeier, Rick Manning, Nolan Ryan and the Llamas second round draft pick in 1985.

    Rich will confirm.

    Mark, I'll send out a new MP first thing in the morning. Not sure how soon Rich will be confirming and I'm signing off for tonight.
    Llamas confirm
    Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything. ~Toby Harrah

  8. #148
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,922
    For the Llamas - please farm Brouhard. All three players i traded for should be active. Please insert Kemp as my starting LF against lefties and righties. Lineups should be as follows

    Vs L

    ss Russell
    1b Oliver
    lf Kemp
    3B Schmidt
    dh Horner
    2b Grich
    cf Sample
    rf Harper
    c Slaught


    Vs Right

    ss Russell
    1B Oliver
    lf Kemp
    3b Schmidt
    rf Singleton
    2b Grich
    dh Horner
    cf Landreaux
    c Heath

    Pitching assignments
    Starters
    1 Christenson
    2 Witt
    3. Sanderson
    4. Reuss
    5. Lynch ( Tudor spot 50%)
    Skip rotation

    mopup - Leibrandt
    Long Relief - Tudor, Leach,
    setup L - Howe
    setup R - Stanley
    Closer l & R Gossage
    Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything. ~Toby Harrah

  9. #149
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,922
    ooops - wrong thread
    Last edited by rmadachik; 01-08-2013 at 05:16 PM.
    Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything. ~Toby Harrah

  10. #150
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,922
    again wrong thread
    Last edited by rmadachik; 01-08-2013 at 05:17 PM.
    Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything. ~Toby Harrah

  11. #151
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Balmer, Merlin
    Posts
    7,574
    The Skipjacks announce a deal with the Corsairs: they send closer Kent Tekulve to Emerald City along with the 4th round selection in 1984 originally belonging to the Beavers, for reliever Luis Aponte and utility man Jerry Royster.

    If the deal goes through, please assign Aponte to Tekulve's previous role as closer. Royster will stay in the minors until I update my MP.

  12. #152
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    mariners country
    Posts
    23,570
    --I would like to confirm, but unfortunately the deadline has past. Play what you got gentlemen.

  13. #153
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    mariners country
    Posts
    23,570
    --Into August. My contending Knights get swept by my rebuilding Corsairs to lose the division lead. Not the way I'd hoped to start my day .
    Attached Files Attached Files

  14. #154
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Jamestown NY
    Posts
    9,433
    -Into August. My contending Knights get swept by my rebuilding Corsairs to lose the division lead. Not the way I'd hoped to start my day .
    Don't you hate it when that happens?

    I've had that happen with the Legends and Lumberjaxx several times, and going both ways - the team doing poorly sweeps the one contending.

    Great to see Fergie doubled his win total, too. Maybe the next two months will be a bit better for him. Sure can't be much worse. His win total for August has now equaled his win total for the entire season to this point.
    You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

  15. #155
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Jamestown NY
    Posts
    9,433
    The Legends will sign free agent catcher Mike O'Berry to a one year, 250K contract.
    You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

  16. #156
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    mariners country
    Posts
    23,570
    --The Llamas are getting their money's worth out of their new acquisitions, winnign 8 of 10 too close within 3 of the Iron. The KNights reclaim the Johnson lead.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  17. #157
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    mariners country
    Posts
    23,570
    --The Skipjacks have won 8 of 10 to open a 4 game lead in the Hulbert.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  18. #158
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Jamestown NY
    Posts
    9,433
    It's not looking good for the Legends. The Skipjacks should win this division going away based on the remaining schedule. The Legends remaining schedule is brutal, with only 15 games against sub-.500 teams, and 39 games against teams that would be in the playoffs if the season ended today. The Skipjacks also have 15 games against sub-.500 teams, but only a dozen games against teams that would be in the playoffs.
    You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

  19. #159
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Balmer, Merlin
    Posts
    7,574
    All I can say is, I hope you're right Lew.

  20. #160
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Jamestown NY
    Posts
    9,433
    Quote Originally Posted by J W View Post
    All I can say is, I hope you're right Lew.
    When I decided to see what the rest of the Legends schedule looked like, I never expected such a top-heavy schedule. Based on the teams I'll be playing the rest of the way, I'll be happy to finish above .500.
    You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •