Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 1982 Season Thread

--The Knights sweep the Beavers to take the Johnson lead and tie up and Robinson bye. The Legends have reeled off a 4 game streak to tie up the Hulbert. The Boys have a 6 game winning streak going and climb to within 3 of the Ruth Wild card.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Please farm Jerry Udjur and put Mike Norris in his rotation spot:

Barker
    Ruthven
    Forsch
    John
    Norris

Also, I will take a 4th round pick in 1984 from the Beavers if it is available, though a late 3rd might be closer to the draft spot and I may not even be able to draft in the late 4th if things go too slowly. Perhaps a conditional pick based on performance?
    Last edited by J W; 01-23-2013 at 02:07 AM.

The four wins in a row for the Legends don't quite make up for their six straight losses, but they stay in the race as the Skipjacks are stumbling just as badly as the Legends. It looks like a contest to see who can give the division to the other team.

The Jaxx are done.....
    You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

--With 30 games to go we have 3 good races going; 3 teams within a game of each other for the Robinson bye, the Legends and Skipjacks deadlocked in the Hulbert and the Llamas and Boys are game apart in the Ruth WC race.

Blog Entries
    That fourth-round pick appears to have been traded to me first, so I think that means the Skipjacks should switch?

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Bedard View Post
    That fourth-round pick appears to have been traded to me first, so I think that means the Skipjacks should switch?
    I will give an additional future 4th to whichever owner agres to switch picks first. I just want to resolve this quickly
    Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything. ~Toby Harrah

Quote Originally Posted by rmadachik View Post
    I will give an additional future 4th to whichever owner agres to switch picks first. I just want to resolve this quickly
    Hell, Rich, I'll give one of them any of my fourth round picks and you can give ME your two picks!
    You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

--the knights and dust bunnies both sweep today. the legends and skipjacks both edge over .500 and remain deadlocked in the hulbert.

I will give an additional future 4th to whichever owner agrees to switch picks first. I just want to resolve this quickly
    Fine; I accept, first two years that are available.

--The Legends sweep the Knights to claim the Hulbert lead and allow the Dust Bunnies to tie things up in the Johnson. We have a 3 way tie for the top spot in the Ruth. A reminder on tie breaking procedures. Tie breakers are used only for seeding, not to determine who makes the playoffs (that would be settled by a one game play-in, but shouldn't be an issue in this race). First tie breaker is head to head record. Second tie break is run differential. Third tie breaker is divisonal record for division races or league record for a tie for the bye.

-Nearing the end of September and its time to start talking postseason awards. I see a number of solid MVP candidates; Robin Yount, Gary Carter, Dave Winfield, Mike Schmidt and Gearge Brett. Possibly others worth a look? Fernando Valenzuala was superman the first 2 months and seemed a lock for the CYA even a month ago, but he has really fallen off - although still in the hunt. Dave Steib, Steve Rogers and Joquin Andjuhar are all looking like solid contenders. Please make a case for any ROY candidates you may have. Like to have a better list together before the awards ballots go out than we've had in the past.

ROY candidates for the Iron:

Bill Laskey 10-10 with a 4.11ERA so far in 25 starts. A decent year.
    Wade Boggs was also a rookie but severely underperformed.

Hey Mark what does Craig Swan look like usage wise after his last start?

Swan is at 103

Llamas - please sign Glenn Brummer and assign him to start against lefties and Righties and farm both Heath and Nicosia
    Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything. ~Toby Harrah

The Legends have no rookie this year that played regularly, since Eric Show pitched too much last year to be eligible.

The Lumberjaxx have Mike Armstrong, middle reliever. He has done a nice job in mid-relief for us. To date he has 116IP, 3.03 ERA, 1.12 WHIP. He has appeared in 42 games with a 7-6 record. He has actually been the best pitcher on the team this season.

Quote Originally Posted by leecemark View Post
    Swan is at 103
    Farm him to be safe I guess and put Dave Goltz in his spot.

Quote Originally Posted by J W View Post
    Fine; I accept, first two years that are available.
    That would be the Beavers 4th round picks in 1984 and 1985. Again I apologize for the mixup

--The Legends and Skipjacks both drop to .500 today. They are tied for 3rd in the WC 6 games back so its a race to see who can stumble to the division title. The Legends won the season series, but that would only get them home field for a one game play in if they end up deadlocked.
    --The three 3 Robinson playoff teams have long been all but set, but they remain in a great race for the bye. It will be settled mostly head to head. The Knights play the Dust Bunnies and Hard Cider 6 times each in their remaining 18 games and the Dust Bunnies and Hard Cider still have a series left between them.

--Several teams that fell out of contention early have been crippled by usage violations. I've been farming the overusage players and promoting warm bodies, but the lineups are basically computer generated at this point. If you are one of those owners a new profile to finish out the season would be appreciated.
    --More importantly several contenders have lost players to usage violations and/or are on the verge of losing them. Please take a look to avoid going shorthanded into the playoffs should you get there.

That would be the Beavers 4th round picks in 1984 and 1985. Again I apologize for the mixup
    So I can get the TIDP in proper order would one of you please tell me exactly which trade (Post #) is being modified, and in exactly what way. Thanks.

Jack
    Illegitimi Non Carborundum

I farmed Dravecki to keep him from going over. Didn't work. Please farm Lonnie Smith and Champ Summers. Let the computer put in replacements. No longer matters.

Jack
    Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Yikes, I thought I had Zisk covered. Please farm Tom Paciorek and Dick Ruthven as well. Changes:

Lineup vs. RHP

1) 1B - Rod Carew* (Francona*)
    3) DH - Wally Backman# (Crowley*)
    2) 3B - George Brett* (Backman#)
    4) LF - Garry Maddox (Woods)
    5) CF - Dwayne Murphy* (Maddox)
    6) RF - Al Cowens (Biittner* 50%)
    7) 2B - Phil Garner (Flannery)
    8) C - Rick Sweet# (Laudner)
    9) SS - Tom Brookens (Flannery 25%)

PH vR - Terry Francona*
    PH vL - Gary Woods

Lineup vs. LHP

1) 1B - Terry Francona* (Carew*)
    2) DH - Gary Woods (Brett*)
    3) 3B - George Brett* (Money 25%)
    4) LF - Garry Maddox (Francona*)
    5) RF - Al Cowens (Biittner*)
    6) 2B - Don Money (Garner 25%)
    7) CF - Dwayne Murphy* (Maddox)
    8) C - Tim Laudner (Sweet# 50%)
    9) SS - Tom Brookens (Flannery)

PH vR - Larry Biittner*, Dwayne Murphy*
    PH vL - comp control

Pitching - Normal

SP1 - Len Barker
    SP2 - Brian Denman
    SP3 - Ken Forsch
    SP4 - Tommy John*
    SP5 - Mike Norris

Spot starter: Pat Underwood*
    Mop up: Cecilio Guante, Pat Underwood*, Paul Mirabella*
    Long man: Cecilio Guante, Enrique Romo, Paul Mirabella*
    LH set up: Ed Glynn*, Gary Lucas*
    RH set up: Chico Escarrega, Enrique Romo
    LH closer: Vincente Romo, Gary Lucas*
    RH closer: Kent Tekulve, Mike Stanton
    Last edited by J W; 01-28-2013 at 09:38 AM.

I guess the Skipjacks' best rookie is Tim Laudner, although Chico Escarrega has put in a decent season too. Nobody particularly worthy of ROY honors.

Actually, if Jerry Udjur qualifies (as in, did not play prior to the trade) we'll nominate him. He was an all-star pitcher (14-8, 3.10) though he won't finish the regular season due to usage issues. If we make the playoffs though, he'll be back.

For Badgers:

Farm Martin, Smith and Wiggins

Promote Matthews, Curtis and Knepper
    There are 10 kinds of people. Those who get binary and those who don't.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast