Thread: The Midnight Sun Baseball Classic

The Midnight Sun Baseball Classic

Wasn't sure where this belonged, but since it's basically a prospects game, I thought here was the best place.

Anyone been? Anyone thinking of going?

For those that don't know, it's an annual baseball game that takes place in Fairbanks, Alaska every June. Because the stadium's so close to the Arctic Circle, it doesn't get very dark at night, hence the name. They use no artificial lighting, and the game starts late in the evening and ends past midnight. I've always wanted to go, but I doubt with my employment situation that it's in the cards for this year. It's on my bucket list, though, and it's pretty high up. It's been going on for over 100 years, though, so it doesn't sound like they'll stop any time soon, so I guess I have time.

http://www.goldpanners.com/MidnightSunGame/index.html
    Found in a fortune cookie On Thursday, August 18th, 2005: "Hard words break no bones, Kind words butter no parsnips."

1955 1959 1963 1965 1981 1988

150 views and no responses? If I can't find anyone who's been to it here, wherever will I?
    Found in a fortune cookie On Thursday, August 18th, 2005: "Hard words break no bones, Kind words butter no parsnips."

1955 1959 1963 1965 1981 1988

Quote Originally Posted by toomanyhatz View Post
    150 views and no responses? If I can't find anyone who's been to it here, wherever will I?
    Maybe the thread would have been better off in the Amateur section. The Goldpanners are a summer collegiate team. Maybe you could see a video called 'Touching the Game - Alaska', there's also a video about the Cape Cod League, but that wouldn't apply here.

Haven't been but I'd like to. I've been trying to go to a bunch of baseball places lately and for a while I thought I'd go to this year's game but I'm thinking next year is more likely.