Thread: Remembering The Sleezy Days Of McGowan

Remembering The Sleezy Days Of McGowan

---
    Pushing on the doors of life marked "pull."
    Visit my blog

gosh, i had no idea!
    THIS IS INCREDIBLE NEWS!
    this occurred just a few short years ago!
    WOW!
    perhaps this investigative reporting will garner prestigious awards for you!
    GOOD LUCK!
    thank you SO MUCH for the ground-breaking facts!
    KEEP EM' COMIN'!
    "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Quote Originally Posted by west coast orange and black View Post
    gosh, i had no idea!
    THIS IS INCREDIBLE NEWS!
    this occurred just a few short years ago!
    WOW!
    perhaps this investigative reporting will garner prestigious awards for you!
    GOOD LUCK!
    thank you SO MUCH for the ground-breaking facts!
    KEEP EM' COMIN'!
    They still "paint the day old meat, red," whiteness Melky, and Mota. The title smells. Just saying.
    ---
    Visit my blog

the 2012 championship has no foul odor. perhaps you can shift your position to upwind of whatever is coming your way.

also, the suspensions of cabrera and mota are absolutely not related.
    "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Would have Cabrara played as well as he did, unaided? No. Would they have won the West without his enhanced performance? No. Hey, from Bonds, to Estabella, to Bernard, to Matt Williams, to now... the PED culture of the Orange and Black, still stinks out loud.
    ---
    Visit my blog

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Zig Tyko View Post
    Would have Cabrara played as well as he did, unaided? No. Would they have won the West without his enhanced performance? No. Hey, from Bonds, to Estabella, to Bernard, to Matt Williams, to now... the PED culture of the Orange and Black, still stinks out loud.
    You don't know that. You are just speculating. The Giants won the NL West by 8 games. That's a rather large lead. We don't even know when Cabrra started using PED's. You just assume he started using when he came to the Giants it seems.
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

http://sfgiants-forum.com/forum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
    You don't know that. You are just speculating. The Giants won the NL West by 8 games. That's a rather large lead. We don't even know when Cabrra started using PED's. You just assume he started using when he came to the Giants it seems.
    Correct, I'm assuming he wouldn't have put up those numbers, and that he wouldn't have made the All-Star Team, let alone be MVP. I also assume the lame, website cover up, was a deliberate attempt to amuse me... because it did.
    ---
    Visit my blog

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Zig Tyko View Post
    Correct, I'm assuming he wouldn't have put up those numbers, and that he wouldn't have made the All-Star Team, let alone be MVP. I also assume the lame, website cover up, was a deliberate attempt to amuse me... because it did.
    And Cabrera's contributions were worth 8 games in the standings? I highly doubt it.
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

http://sfgiants-forum.com/forum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
    And Cabrera's contributions were worth 8 games in the standings? I highly doubt it.
    He was leading the league in batting, playing great D, and won them home field advantage in the W.S., with a terrific All-Star game performance. Now, can I ever be truly objective about the team that left Nueva Yorka when I was eleven? Probably not, but I'm trying.
    ---
    Visit my blog

thw giants record was much better without cabrera than with him

this is just a troll trying to stir things up guys
    1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
    2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://somgamersparadiseforum.smfforfree4.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by 9RoyHobbsRF View Post
    thw giants record was much better without cabrera than with him

this is just a troll trying to stir things up guys
    Whether you agree with me or not, your "troll" remark was uncalled for... and that quickly, I forgive you. I'd have reacted, and did react, the same way, when there were allegations made that Bobby Thompson knew what pitch was coming from Ralph Branca. Later, we now know, he did. Fandom blurs objectivity. Peace, z
    ---
    Visit my blog

Even this Cardinal fan realizes the Gints have a very very good team despite Melky's transgressions and would have made the playoffs with or without him. 8 games is 8 games.

Club reactions to Bonds' both during and after his escapades don't necessarily translate directly or stain them today. Regardind a foul odor, there is talk among non-Giant fans that I have encountered at the proverbial water cooler --- the way the Reds folded and then the Cards dismal Game 5-6-7 should be viewed as more of a fortunate event than many Giants fan realize, but that's another discussion and one I don't know if I agree 100% with. The Tigers were more like kittens as well. Taking advantage of your opportunity, even creating portions of said opportunity with your good play... Or fortunate circumstance? 50/50, 60/40, 70/30?

Etc.
    Last edited by StanTheMan; 12-15-2012 at 03:08 PM.
    "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."